The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GM, Ford, Nissan see double-digit jumps in sales as economy strengthens

Banned

Default GM, Ford, Nissan see double-digit jumps in sales as economy strengthens

Good news for the American auto industry.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35200833/ns/business-autos/

I'm a happy owner of a fist full of F stock. When they were a dollar something per share, and they didn't take any federal money during the bailout, I figured that would be a good stock to own. My investment guy made me sign a form stating that he didn't recommend the stock to me to cover his butt with his company. Now he says he should have been recommending it to everyone, and buying it himself...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I'm a happy owner of a fist full of F stock. When they were a dollar something per share, and they didn't take any federal money during the bailout, I figured that would be a good stock to own. My investment guy made me sign a form stating that he didn't recommend the stock to me to cover his butt with his company. Now he says he should have been recommending it to everyone, and buying it himself...
    Good for you. Stock now over $11.50 a share.

On a related note, I also saw this at http://money.cnn.com/2009/10/29/news.../gdp/index.htm

Another good sign in a struggling economy. Funny, no one else here started a thread with this rather good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    On a related note, I also saw this at http://money.cnn.com/2009/10/29/news.../gdp/index.htm

Another good sign in a struggling economy. Funny, no one else here started a thread with this rather good news.
    One good quarter does not a trend make..."good" being the relative term. Anything that isn't red is good; do it for several consecutive quarters and BHO might have better than a snowball's chance of being re-elected...the national debt and our budget deficit notwithstanding....

On the automobile front, GM's boost came largely due to fleet sales, not individual consumer sales. I know...a sale is a sale...but coming off of a 26-year LOW in January of '09, sales were expected to rebound...and they did. This should be a surprise only to those that haven't been paying attention.

Chrysler's down, Honda is down, Kia is flat, Toyota is facing a disaster. I hardly think it's time to celebrate just yet.....

Reality regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

if i'd bought 10,000 shares of ford at a dollar, i'd be celebrating!

wish i had had Buzz's intestinal fortitude.....-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Chrysler's down, Honda is down, Kia is flat, Toyota is facing a disaster. I hardly think it's time to celebrate just yet.....

Reality regards,

kg
    Watching CNBC this AM when a couple of PR guys came on & their consensus was that Toyota had managed the crisis well . I guess after 19 people have been killed it is probably time to look at what's happening to see if your company can CYA . I wonder how that makes all the doggers that have Toyota trucks feel, some were fairly proud of their piece of iron .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    if i'd bought 10,000 shares of ford at a dollar, i'd be celebrating!

wish i had had Buzz's intestinal fortitude.....-Paul
    How did you figure out that I bought 10,000? I had everyone that I mentioned it to tell me that I was crazy. My reply was, the time to buy a stock is when no one else wants it...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

HA! just a lucky guess!

i don't really understand the "market" so i keep to the stock i do know...GD.

I'LL NEVER GET RICH THAT WAY.......-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post

Toyota is facing a disaster.

Toyota is way too strong a nameplate to stay down long. Buyers are pissed that they can't buy some models. Talking with a local dealer, she was telling me that folks are still coming into buy models that were pulled, especially the Tundra. Once Toyota gives the green light, thier sales will rebound.

I agree that comparing Jan08 to Jan09, sales could only go up with Jan08 being a 26 year low.

They way the current administration is spending money, I doubt many will be able to buy a new anything soon enough.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345