The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50

Thread: Retarded

  1. #31
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,210

    Default

    To Be fair to ED!!

    He takes the high road ands justs calls me a dUFUS!!

    He's a Doctor Ya know!!

    Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  2. #32
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,210

    Default

    Come to think of it!!

    Mrs Goosers Justs calls me "CHARMING"

    The Lady across the street kittywhompus calls me "CUTIE"!!

    I guess when ya think about it spell,, that Emanual dude coulda used a better choice a words!!

    Man~~~~ He's some special kinda Tard aint He!!

    Pot callin the kettle black sorta thing aint it I guess?

    Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,779

    Default

    Perhaps by pediatricians or urologists but not be mental health professionals. The "R" word has been out of use for about 5 years. Rather than saying, "Mentally retarded" we say, "Intellectually disabled
    While the word retarted may no longer be used for people with learning disabilities,,It is a great word to use when refering to the actions of politicians.

    Its so much easier than saying that our politicians are "intellectually disabled"

    Pete

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I don't think her "pantys are in a wad," I think she is pointing out the hypocrisy of your side.
    Sort of talking out of both sides of your collective mouths!!



    rk
    So Sarah Palin makes excuses for Rush Limbaugh's use of the work "retard"

    The Sarah Palin controversy over the word "retard" continues despite her attempts to to explain away the matter. Palin's son Trig was born with a developmental disability. Palin referenced her son when criticizing White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel for using the phrase "f**king retards" to describe some liberals. Palin called on President Obama to fire Emanuel but instead the Chief of Staff apologized and has kept his job.
    The problem for Palin came when Rush Limbaugh used the same "R" word reference to describe liberals as well. Critics called on Palin to condemn Limbaugh to same way she did with Emanuel. Instead Palin would simply use a spokesperson to say that "crude and demeaning name calling" is disrespectful without referring to Limbaugh.
    Today Chris Wallace of Fox News pressed Palin on the matter some more. Palin attempted to explain away the apparent contradiction by saying that Limbaugh was using the term "retard" satirically which makes it acceptable. After calling liberals "kooks" Palin also goes on to say that all name calling is inappropriate and should be avoided. Below are the clips of Limbaugh's use of the "R" word along with Palin's interview with Chris Wallace.
    http://www.examiner.com/x-5738-Polit...he-word-retard


    For more info: Sarah Palin finds herself in a contradiction over "retarded" political correctness.

    Maybe RK can convince us that this is not hypocrisy at its finest

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    So Sarah Palin makes excuses for Rush Limbaugh's use of the work "retard"

    The Sarah Palin controversy over the word "retard" continues despite her attempts to to explain away the matter. Palin's son Trig was born with a developmental disability. Palin referenced her son when criticizing White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel for using the phrase "f**king retards" to describe some liberals. Palin called on President Obama to fire Emanuel but instead the Chief of Staff apologized and has kept his job.
    The problem for Palin came when Rush Limbaugh used the same "R" word reference to describe liberals as well. Critics called on Palin to condemn Limbaugh to same way she did with Emanuel. Instead Palin would simply use a spokesperson to say that "crude and demeaning name calling" is disrespectful without referring to Limbaugh.
    Today Chris Wallace of Fox News pressed Palin on the matter some more. Palin attempted to explain away the apparent contradiction by saying that Limbaugh was using the term "retard" satirically which makes it acceptable. After calling liberals "kooks" Palin also goes on to say that all name calling is inappropriate and should be avoided. Below are the clips of Limbaugh's use of the "R" word along with Palin's interview with Chris Wallace.
    http://www.examiner.com/x-5738-Polit...he-word-retard


    For more info: Sarah Palin finds herself in a contradiction over "retarded" political correctness.

    Maybe RK can convince us that this is not hypocrisy at its finest
    Here is the difference for those of you that are a little slow.

    One guy is a politician and is an adviser to what was one of the most powerful people in the world, who should be held to a high standard.

    The other is an entertainer that uses satire to make his point. I think Rush's satire is not very funny but it got the country talking about the issue he wanted you to. Seems like you fell right into his trap. Good job!
    Last edited by code3retrievers; 02-11-2010 at 04:52 PM.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    Here is the difference for those of you that are a little slow.

    One guy is a politician and is an adviser to what was one of the most powerful people in the world, who should be held to a high standard.

    The other is an entertainer that uses satire to make his point. I think Rush's satire is not very funny but it got country talking about the issue he wanted you to. Seems like you fell right into his trap. Good job!
    I can't believe even you believe what you just said. Palin was calling for Emanuel's firing yet she stands up for Limbaugh. Didn't Don Imus get taken off the air for a statement that he made?

  7. #37
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I can't believe even you believe what you just said. Palin was calling for Emanuel's firing yet she stands up for Limbaugh. Didn't Don Imus get taken off the air for a statement that he made?
    Yeah, and he probably shouldn't have.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I can't believe even you believe what you just said. Palin was calling for Emanuel's firing yet she stands up for Limbaugh. Didn't Don Imus get taken off the air for a statement that he made?
    Yeah, but that comment was about blacks. IMHO, they can get anything they want thanks to Jackson and company.

    Big difference there. Who do 'retards' have standing up for them like Jackson stands up for blacks?

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I can't believe even you believe what you just said. Palin was calling for Emanuel's firing yet she stands up for Limbaugh. Didn't Don Imus get taken off the air for a statement that he made?
    Like I said for those that are slow, Emanuel works for the government and should be held to a higher standard. Especially since he is the president's right hand man, or is it the other way around.

    Rush is a private citizen. Are you going to tell me you don't know the difference.

    I work for a city government and I guarantee you I am held to a higher standard then the private sector.
    Last edited by code3retrievers; 02-11-2010 at 09:28 PM.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    you stupid liberals cant have it both ways! rohm "dead fish" emanuel is an official member of this presidents administration, and should lead by example. his actions reflect on this administration's (and nation's) reputation here as well as abroad. but being of the thuggery ilk from chicago that is a tall order. rush is a radio talk show host, just an entertainer, big difference. same with beck. by insisting palin condemn rush as well is admitting you accept limbaugh and glen beck as national leader's and substantive opponent. entertainers are not the same as elected officials and their staffs. entertainers are protected by free speech - or so we think, whereas officials are just that - officials. they are held to a higher standard - or at least they were before this potus.

    liberalism truly is a mental disorder. everyday i detest liberals and obama and his band of thugs more and more....

    you want to talk about hypocrisy - we have a president who cannot speak to kindergartners without a teleprompter and his trusty presidential seal podium and the liberals got themselves freaked out over notes on palin's hand.
    Last edited by david gibson; 02-12-2010 at 08:45 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •