The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Al-Qaeda ‘certain’ to attack U.S. within months

Banned

Default Al-Qaeda ‘certain’ to attack U.S. within months

Intelligence officials say terror group is intent on ‘a large-scale operation’

The Obama administration's top intelligence officials on Tuesday described it as "certain" that al-Qaeda or its allies will try to attack the United States in the next six months, and they called for new flexibility in how U.S. officials detain and question terrorist suspects.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35212549...shington_post/

Obama, like Bush has been warned. Will Obama take the warning seriously and be able to stop an attack before it can be carried out or we destine to have another 9/11 incident?

I really doubt it.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Well, it seems to me that if nothing happens, the explanation will not be that vigilance succeeded in preventing an attack, but that no attack was tried. If something happens, it will not be that our forces were vigilant but that an attack got through anyway, it will be that warnings were ignored. We will dissect until we find someone or something to blame. The fact is that a determined foe only has to succeed once, no matter how often they try, to be successful. A defender has to succeed every time, no matter how many attempts are made, to be a success. With that as our yardstick, failure is simply a matter of time.

I'm just wondering how many top level officials and how much money it took to conclude that our sworn enemies will try to attack us??

Seems like it would be a lot cheaper to have a groundhog come out of a hole and see its shadow to figure that one out.

I hope Obama is taking the threat seriously, and properly prioritizing security initiatives.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I really doubt it.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I'm just wondering how many top level officials and how much money it took to conclude that our sworn enemies will try to attack us??
    BWAAAHAHAHAHAAA!

I guess Joe Biden was off on his prediction by about a year...

Sarcasm aside, I do pray that we avoid being attacked again. I promise, that if Obama stops it, I will say something good about him.

Steel in his spine regards,

My understanding is the special task force that is supposed to head up interogations is still looking for an office, since Obama created it after he was sworn in. I sure hope they are going to move faster now?
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

Hard to get infromation from terrorist when we read them Maranda Rights right after they get arrested!

Shame on Obama and Holder for weakening our ability to gain information in the fight against terror.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Hard to get infromation from terrorist when we read them Maranda Rights right after they get arrested!

Shame on Obama and Holder for weakening our ability to gain information in the fight against terror.
    Kinda like when the shoe bomber was read his rights, four separate times.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Kinda like when the shoe bomber was read his rights, four separate times.
    You won't find me defending Bush43. The fact of the matter is that we should have learned how to handle these people by now. Apparently not.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge