The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i like this one:

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I'm finding this thread amusing, if not somewhat confusing. I always thought one of the honorable tenets of the republican party was self-reliance and accepting responsibility for one's actions. Yet all I'm hearing is people trying to shed responsibility for the mess GWB and the republican congress got us into, and pass the buck to the next guy. Relax, Obama is on his way to self-destruction by carrying on Bush's spending habits, but in the mean time, please accept the republican party's responsibility for record setting spending, cooking the books on the budget and wars, and handing our posterity an insurmountable debt. Its the honest and honorable thing to do.
    OK, let's play.

I admit that President Bush made some very poor economic decisions.

Now......did Janet Reno and Barney Frank have anything to do with loaning money to people that could NOT pay it back?
    Did they do it deliberately.....or are they that stupid?
    Did those bad loans have anything to do with the housing bubble bursting or the credit crunch??

And....more importantly....have you ever tried a Rocky Patel??

Just askin'

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Can somebody ask the teleprompter what a 'corpseman' is
    OMG that was classic!!! and they would have skewered Bush for that!

man i really hate liberals.....

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I'm finding this thread amusing, if not somewhat confusing. I always thought one of the honorable tenets of the republican party was self-reliance and accepting responsibility for one's actions. Yet all I'm hearing is people trying to shed responsibility for the mess GWB and the republican congress got us into, and pass the buck to the next guy. Relax, Obama is on his way to self-destruction by carrying on Bush's spending habits, but in the mean time, please accept the republican party's responsibility for record setting spending, cooking the books on the budget and wars, and handing our posterity an insurmountable debt. Its the honest and honorable thing to do.
    Dave, this gets brought up almost daily, if not multiple times a day. Pray tell, who on this forum is okay with the amount of money that Bush spent? I don't recall anyone being happy with that. In fact, I think that most of us have said that we knew it was wrong then, but it has no bearing on today's spending. Regardless of what happened in the past, it has to stop NOW. I don't care what Obama 'inherited', no matter how many times he reminds me of it.

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    OMG that was classic!!! and they would have skewered Bush for that!

man i really hate liberals.....
    Come on, you really can't compare that to some of the things Bush said. Do you remember "misunderestimate"? That was my personal favorite!

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Dave, this gets brought up almost daily, if not multiple times a day. Pray tell, who on this forum is okay with the amount of money that Bush spent? I don't recall anyone being happy with that. In fact, I think that most of us have said that we knew it was wrong then, but it has no bearing on today's spending. Regardless of what happened in the past, it has to stop NOW. I don't care what Obama 'inherited', no matter how many times he reminds me of it.
    I agree with that. It does need to stop, regardless of what was "left over". What I don't want to happen, as people get frustrated with Obama, is that they mistakenly think that the books should be given BACK to the republicans, as if they somehow will do a better job. We must remember how, and by whom, we got into this mess. It wasn't ALL GWB, dems had their share, but by and large this is the result of GWB, his policies and habits, and the republican congress to rubber stamped him.

And with a few exceptions, like yourself, I've heard nothing about Bush's travesties against the economic well-being of our country.

have a good one,
    dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

And....more importantly....have you ever tried a Rocky Patel??

Just askin'

rk
    No, I haven't, but I'm lookin'! We don't exactly have a wide selection here in town. Our tobacco shop sells more funny looking pipes and paper for rolling your own, than cigars.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    pardon me if its been posted before - the man and his teleprompter crutch::

Maybe he should have just scribbled a few notes in the palm of his hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Maybe he should have just scribbled a few notes in the palm of his hand!
    She was just being "Green". Saving trees you know.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth