The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Sarah Palin Tax Cheat?

  1. #11
    Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ghent, Ky
    Posts
    2,486

    Wink

    I work part time in a county property Valuation office. It is the tax assessor's job to determine what is on property. IT IS NOT the owners responsibility. Currently we are doing a county wide check ..be surprised what we find...........In other words is the assessor a Democrat? ..........LOL
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA)
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

    Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised

    www.sundownlabs.com

  2. #12
    Senior Member WaterDogRem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Sounds like another story where the reporters don't know all the facts and/or how the system works. What a surprise! And some people just believe what they read. Thanks for the re-occurring garbage.

  3. #13
    Senior Member badbullgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Well at least Roger is getting a hard on for a woman now........

    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

  4. #14
    Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    st anthony idaho
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WaterDogRem View Post
    Sounds like another story where the reporters don't know all the facts and/or how the system works. What a surprise! And some people just believe what they read. Thanks for the re-occurring garbage.
    it is amusing how several on this board brush this stuff aside when it is someone they don't want to accept as an idiot, but cry huge foul over it when someone they don't like does it.

    also amusing how the media is biased too easy on D's and need to be scrutinized more heavily, but too hard on R's and the facts need to be tossed out.

    finally, amusing that the media hypocrisy is constantly discussed and people on this board ready to start and encourage a coup over minor, minor things the D's do, but turn their heads when it's an R.
    ________
    WEED
    Last edited by precisionlabradors; 04-26-2011 at 03:44 PM.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Hoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Well at least Roger is getting a hard on for a woman now........


    Post of the day

  6. #16
    Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ghent, Ky
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    GOOD one Corey.......hahahahahaha.
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA)
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

    Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised

    www.sundownlabs.com

  7. #17
    Senior Member WaterDogRem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by precisionlabradors View Post
    it is amusing how several on this board brush this stuff aside when it is someone they don't want to accept as an idiot, but cry huge foul over it when someone they don't like does it.

    also amusing how the media is biased too easy on D's and need to be scrutinized more heavily, but too hard on R's and the facts need to be tossed out.

    finally, amusing that the media hypocrisy is constantly discussed and people on this board ready to start and encourage a coup over minor, minor things the D's do, but turn their heads when it's an R.
    If you're suggesting I'm brushing it off, you're somewhat correct, but it's because of the media, especially of late, is more interested in getting a news headline out before knowing the facts. Whatever bias the media is R, D, or pseudo I, they all do it. And is why I try not to watch news stations anymore. AK runs everything a little different than the lower 48, and is it not the tax assessorís job to assess any property?

    P.S. in case you didn't notice, I've never and won't support Palin politically.

    Question everything regards,
    Tom

  8. #18
    Senior Member kjrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    2,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    I believe building permits are only required in incorporated areas within AK.

    WRL
    Now Lee, you know you can't bring common sense to a resident of Port St. Havana.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    3,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WaterDogRem View Post
    If you're suggesting I'm brushing it off, you're somewhat correct, but it's because of the media, especially of late, is more interested in getting a news headline out before knowing the facts. Whatever bias the media is R, D, or pseudo I, they all do it. And is why I try not to watch news stations anymore. AK runs everything a little different than the lower 48, and is it not the tax assessorís job to assess any property?

    P.S. in case you didn't notice, I've never and won't support Palin politically.

    Question everything regards,
    Tom
    Absolutely AK does run everything a bit different. Its for the most part a bunch of "anti-government types" in the rural areas. I don't every remember any inspections on our sewer/house/barn that we built when I was growing up.

    There are squatters at every turn (funny stories dealing with people wanting to "live" on my family's property just outside of Soldotna last summer).

    My parents just put a home on their property down here in WA. This is the second year in a row that the county has not taxed the new home on it. Are they supposed to go pound on the tax assessor's door and say you forgot to charge me??? I think not.

    It is the COUNTY's (and in AK its Burough's) job to get out there and visually assess property.

    WRL

  10. #20
    Senior Member Juli H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The coldest part of Alaska
    Posts
    3,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Records: Palin hasn't paid tax on cabins

    Structures not noted in assessments of former Alaska governor's properties

    ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Records show that Sarah Palin hasn't paid any property taxes on cabins that have been built on two backcountry plots partially owned by the former Alaska governor.
    There are no tax assessments for the two-story, house-sized cabins, a workshop and a sauna spotted Thursday in an aerial survey. Property taxes totaling $156.13 were paid on the land in 2009 — but that bill did not include anything for the structures because the local assessor didn't know about the new construction nearly 100 miles north of Anchorage.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35250913/ns/politics/

    Just wondering if Palin "forgot" to get building permits also?
    Roger, you don't have a clue...

    first of all, I am not entirely sure the area in which these cabins are built are in an area where building permits are required...building permits are not required in MUCH of alaska..Sounds like these are built in a recreational area (fly in or boat it only) south of the Parks Highway ( a quick search shows that building permits are not required in the Deshka river area, which is probably where these cabins are).... Here in Tok, you could build a house out of mud and 1x4's, if you wanted.... hell, half the houses in rural alaska aren't even finished (including MINE)....

    keep digging buddy...keep digging....

    Juli
    Last edited by Juli H; 02-05-2010 at 04:14 PM.
    God answers prayers all the time. Even the ones we don't know we asked. God is Good (always)

    "There are only two ways to live your life.
    One is as though nothing is a miracle.
    The other is as though everything is a miracle."

    - Albert Einstein

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •