The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 115

Thread: Palin: Won't close door on White House run

  1. #31
    Senior Member Julie R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Orlean VA
    Posts
    2,867

    Default

    Although I think Palin is more qualified than the current occupant of the White House, overall I don't think she has the necessary experience nor do I think her past will hold up under the microscopic scrutiny of the mainstream media. Remember, the MSM has already been doing its best to discredit her ever since she burst on the scene and should she run for President, those efforts will be redoubled as real and manufactured incidents are blown out of all resemblence to reality.

    Imagine if Obomo and his past had been subject to the same scrutiny as Palin prior to his election? However if he's taught the voting public one lesson, it's that a lightweight cannot run this country. Frankly I think both he and Palin should take their charisma and good looks to Hollywood, where a pretty face is more important than intelligence and experience.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Juli H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The coldest part of Alaska
    Posts
    3,674

    Default

    I would like to see Palin continue rallying the conservative base in this country. I think she can do more good that way, than if she were to run as pres..I think if she did that, it would divide the conservatives too much...I agree with Julie that she would be 'shot down' much too quickly by the media.....

    Juli
    God answers prayers all the time. Even the ones we don't know we asked. God is Good (always)

    "There are only two ways to live your life.
    One is as though nothing is a miracle.
    The other is as though everything is a miracle."

    - Albert Einstein

  3. #33
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Although I think Palin is more qualified than the current occupant of the White House, overall I don't think she has the necessary experience nor do I think her past will hold up under the microscopic scrutiny of the mainstream media. Remember, the MSM has already been doing its best to discredit her ever since she burst on the scene and should she run for President, those efforts will be redoubled as real and manufactured incidents are blown out of all resemblence to reality.

    Imagine if Obomo and his past had been subject to the same scrutiny as Palin prior to his election? However if he's taught the voting public one lesson, it's that a lightweight cannot run this country. Frankly I think both he and Palin should take their charisma and good looks to Hollywood, where a pretty face is more important than intelligence and experience.
    I agree 100%! I think the sooner she drops out of the news/limelight, the better off the GOP will be. She is a woman that has been scorned by the news media and she is on a mission to fight back. McCain created the monster and now the GOP will have to do its best to minimize her exposure with the American public.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  4. #34
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juli H View Post
    I would like to see Palin continue rallying the conservative base in this country. I think she can do more good that way, than if she were to run as pres..I think if she did that, it would divide the conservatives too much...I agree with Julie that she would be 'shot down' much too quickly by the media.....

    Juli
    thats pretty much how I view the situation...let her take all the hits...her resume and her past wont stand the heat of a presidential run, she is already overexposed and the media and the public will tire of her schtick well before nomination time...she is a lightning rod
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  5. #35
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juli H View Post
    I would like to see Palin continue rallying the conservative base in this country. I think she can do more good that way, than if she were to run as pres..I think if she did that, it would divide the conservatives too much...I agree with Julie that she would be 'shot down' much too quickly by the media.....

    Juli
    I agree 100% with you.
    She is a letter day Newt Gingrich.
    I am sure the leftys will laugh and discredit him, but he rallied the conservative base in 1994 and kicked the Democrats asses!!

    http://newt.org/AboutNewt/tabid/57/Default.aspx



    rk
    Stan b & Elvis

  6. #36
    Senior Member EdA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I agree 100% with you.
    She is a letter day Newt Gingrich.
    Newt was smart though reckless, she is not smart just reckless and ambitious

    the GOP will not be well served with her as a spokesperson, she might end up the darling of a splinter party much like Ross Perot did and all he did was siphon off votes from President George Herbert Bush and open the door to the White House to the Clintons

    Perot knew he didn't have a chance but he hated Bush so for him mission accomplished

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Although I think Palin is more qualified than the current occupant of the White House, overall I don't think she has the necessary experience nor do I think her past will hold up under the microscopic scrutiny of the mainstream media. Remember, the MSM has already been doing its best to discredit her ever since she burst on the scene and should she run for President, those efforts will be redoubled as real and manufactured incidents are blown out of all resemblence to reality.

    Imagine if Obomo and his past had been subject to the same scrutiny as Palin prior to his election? However if he's taught the voting public one lesson, it's that a lightweight cannot run this country. Frankly I think both he and Palin should take their charisma and good looks to Hollywood, where a pretty face is more important than intelligence and experience.
    There's an article on the Opinion page of the TNT by David Broder, Mr. lukewarm moderate, titled "Palin: A Populist with a Perfect Sales Pitch". At the bottom of the article there is a statement "What stood out in the eyes of TV watching pols of both parties was the skill with which she drew a self portrait that fit not just the wishes of the immediate audience but the mood of a significant slice of the broader electorate".

    I'm with you, Julie, not my cupatea, but she is a compelling speaker & will make a lot of money doing that. I think she'll run as the money & the branding will be very lucrative for her regardless of the outcome. She just wants to make sure little what's his name is well cared for .
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  8. #38
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    I LOVE SARAH PALIN, AND ANYONE ELSE THAT RILES THE LEFT AS MUCH AS SHE DOES.

    AT NO TIME IN MY LIFE HAVE I SEEN ANYONE THAT SO FRIGHTENS THE LIBS AND THEIR WILLING ACCOMPLICES. IT'S AN INCREDIBLE ABILITY TO BE ABLE TO COW THE COMPETITION SO EASILY. I AM SO ENVIOUS OF HER TALENT.

    ub
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  9. #39
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I agree 100%! I think the sooner she drops out of the news/limelight, the better off the GOP will be. She is a woman that has been scorned by the news media and she is on a mission to fight back. McCain created the monster and now the GOP will have to do its best to minimize her exposure with the American public.
    Franco, did you have issues with your Mom or other women in your life? A shrink might find your contempt interesting. You seem to attack Palin at every chance. Most of us could not withstand the scrutiny she has and still come back for more. Cut the woman some slack. At least she is not a lib...
    Bill Davis

  10. #40
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    I LOVE SARAH PALIN, AND ANYONE ELSE THAT RILES THE LEFT AS MUCH AS SHE DOES.

    AT NO TIME IN MY LIFE HAVE I SEEN ANYONE THAT SO FRIGHTENS THE LIBS AND THEIR WILLING ACCOMPLICES. IT'S AN INCREDIBLE ABILITY TO BE ABLE TO COW THE COMPETITION SO EASILY. I AM SO ENVIOUS OF HER TALENT.

    ub
    As usual, you're missing the entire point. Liberals WANT her to run. It may be the best hope of getting their man re-elected. Don't you see? I guess not.

    Even some of your conservative colleauges here have voiced disapproval and doubt. But you hang in there!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •