The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI Wants Web Records Kept

I think this should be thrown into the same dung heap with warrantless wiretaps, secret reviews of library records, etc. I do not underestimate the risk of terrorism, but I value our freedoms too much to be willing to see them sacrificed on the alter of fear.

Have you ever noticed that some mornings, not in the evening so much, there are are some 10-12 people logged in to PP. 3 members and 9 guests for instance. I know there are a few members who hide their viewing, but who are all the "guests"?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. BB's are very public places and scanning for keywords are what search engines are all about. Post the right keyword and your post will get flagged and reviewed by somebody somewhere.

Call me paranoid regards,

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    And I assume that anything I ever write, or picture I post, will be in the public domain for all cyber-eternity. Call me paranoid, but I don't think I'm alone. (I hear the voices all around me)
    That's the reason I don't use my real name as a username. I don't want every post I ever put on a forum to come up with a simple google search, regardless of whether I'd be embarrassed by what is posted or not. I figure if anyone wants to know who I am can search my dogs or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I think this should be thrown into the same dung heap with warrantless wiretaps, secret reviews of library records, etc. I do not underestimate the risk of terrorism, but I value our freedoms too much to be willing to see them sacrificed on the alter of fear.
    My first thought when I saw this thread was, why would anyone who supports warrantless wiretaps and the patriot act have a second thought about this?
    Last edited by Buzz; 02-09-2010 at 09:22 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    That's the reason I don't use my real name as a username. I don't want every post I ever put on a forum to come up with a simple google search, regardless of whether I'd be embarrassed by what is posted or not. I figure if anyone wants to know who I am can search my dogs or whatever.

My first thought when I saw this thread was, why would anyone who supports warrantless wiretaps and the patriot act have a second thought about this?
    Buzz... what in the world makes you think that using a screen name on a BB titled PP makes you invisable?

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Buzz... what in the world makes you think that using a screen name on a BB titled PP makes you invisable?

JD
    That isn't what I said. I said I didn't want every post I ever made on a forum coming up on a google search of my name. Obviously it wouldn't stop anyone from digging the stuff up. Quite a few years ago I used to post on a computer forum. Then i did a google search, I wasn't amused.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

the FBI can Google Roger's name and that will keep them busy for weeks if not months
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I heard that tin foil hats are on sale at Wal-Mart this week.

Interesting how mostly its the liberal-leaning who are concerned about protecting our freedoms and right to privacy on this board????? And how those who supported the Patriot act (I ain't got nuttin' to hide!) are now are getting irritable bowel flare-ups over this latest policy? For about the hundredth time..........where's the consistency?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I have absolutely no problem with our government profiling and if warrented tapping in on what they are saying.
    I think its called common sense. Why waste your time spying on 90 year old widows

Otherwise lets just sit around till the next big one hits and then go lookin for the guys.

If you have a suspision then root it out.

I really dont know how some of you made it this far.
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I have absolutely no problem with our government profiling and if warrented tapping in on what they are saying.
    You really think that this is as far as it goes?