The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: FBI Wants Web Records Kept

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Show me yours I'll show you mine!!??!!??

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts and minds of men?"

rk
    I was opposed when Bush wanted warrantless wiretaps.
    I am opposed now that there's talk of "web tapping" and registering.

Consistency.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I have absolutely no problem with our government profiling and if warrented tapping in on what they are saying.
    I think its called common sense. Why waste your time spying on 90 year old widows

Otherwise lets just sit around till the next big one hits and then go lookin for the guys.

If you have a suspision then root it out.

I really dont know how some of you made it this far.
    Pete
    And show me where the gov't could NOT follow up on imminent threats!? Under the FISA, the gov't or any law enforcement agent could act as necessary to protect the United States without a warrant, so long as the action was submitted for judicial review after the fact. In the years that we operated under FISA, I don't think there was EVER a retrospective action denied or sanctioned. It kept people honest.

What's wrong with that?

That whole argument was a big line of CRAP, used to fear-monger sheeple into accepting yet another erosion of their rights in the name of "safety".
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    thats exactly what it is , but I am guessing that more than half of the RTF'ers on here have never read the George Orwell(pen name) book or who he was
    Harumph, harumph. Oh, those poor, ignorant savages. Because everyone knows that you can't possibly have an informed or cogent opinion about government surveillance without having read a 50-something year old science fiction novel.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Harumph, harumph. Oh, those poor, ignorant savages. Because everyone knows that you can't possibly have an informed or cogent opinion about government surveillance without having read a 50-something year old science fiction novel.
    Yeah, history and sociology are stupid! Who needs to study what happened? TV and the internet will tell me everything I need to know!
    (and ironically, it was REPUBLICAN anti-Hillary ads that invoked "1984" in their television ads) But 1984 was much more than science fiction, just as Moby Dick was much more than a "fishing" story, or To Kill a Mockingbird was more than a kid with a bb-gun.

Good is bad.
    Black is white.
    War is peace regards.....

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Yeah, history and sociology are stupid! Who needs to study what happened? TV and the internet will tell me everything I need to know!
    (and ironically, it was REPUBLICAN anti-Hillary ads that invoked "1984" in their television ads) But 1984 was much more than science fiction, just as Moby Dick was much more than a "fishing" story, or To Kill a Mockingbird was more than a kid with a bb-gun.

Good is bad.
    Black is white.
    War is peace regards.....
    More sh!t just thrown against the wall, eh, DNF? It was an Obama supporter who made the video during the Democrat presidential primaries and it wasn't a television ad. But then you've never been known as one to let the facts get the in the way of a good lecture.

BTW, you may want to read 1984 again for more searing insight because the following indicates you don't know WTF you're talking about with respect to FISA, either:

In the years that we operated under FISA, I don't think there was EVER a retrospective action denied or sanctioned. It kept people honest.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

To Kill A Mockingbird...BB gun? Have you actually watched the film?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

[QUOTEso long as the action was submitted for judicial review after the fact. In the years that we operated under FISA, I don't think there was EVER a retrospective action denied or sanctioned. It kept people honest.
    ][/QUOTE]

Politicians are great at tieing up the hands of our public servents and military

This is just another way of being stupid.
    If they want to serch my web site and look for subversives have at it.

I'm sure lots of killers get off on technicalities. some laws are made to be broke once in a while when need be.

If I had to rush my kid to the hospital would you call me a wantent criminal for speeding.

I guess like everything the government touches ,,they abuse it.

Oh well not my problem anyway,,,payem for sitting on the hands if you want

Pete

What I find funny is if we were to send our citizens to Iran they would be scrutinzed and probably imprisoned. But the US lets anyone in and serves them our money on a silver platter .

Iran is so much smarter than us.
    They seem to understand they can have as many of their operatives living side by side with US citizens and the laws will protect them come hell or hi water.

Just scream racism or point a finger and see what happens. I'll bet the problem in reality is a hundred times worse than you think. After all we cater to these people and our government uses our money to do so.
    Its such a joke to me. I could give a rats ass if their civil rights are violated. There was a time they didnt have any.

I know ,,I know, I dont post fancy links,,,debunking things,or justifying things. So what can I understand. I'm way to redneck or I'm just an archie bunker.

Its one thing to go to war on your citizens,,,and its another to try to root these subverses out from amoung them.

However I do realize our goverment is out to screw us.
    we are screwed no matter how you look at it.
    Wait until the chinese get tired of waiting for their money

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    More sh!t just thrown against the wall, eh, DNF? It was an Obama supporter who made the video during the Democrat presidential primaries and it wasn't a television ad. But then you've never been known as one to let the facts get the in the way of a good lecture.

BTW, you may want to read 1984 again for more searing insight because the following indicates you don't know WTF you're talking about with respect to FISA, either:
    Oh Jeez...I just took a bite of that sandwich!
    My bad. It was from within the DNC, you're totally right (this time)

I saw it on O'Reilly Factor, and associated it with the RNC. My bad!

As to the rest of your comments, I haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about. I've read 1984 twice, and it scared me more the second time. Don't know if I want to make it three.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    To Kill A Mockingbird...BB gun? Have you actually watched the film?
    Watched the film, read the book, have a signed, first edition from Harper Lee.
    You missed the sarcasm. I think that's the greatest book/movie ever. Normally I never like the movie as well as the book, but Peck turned in a lifetime acheivement with that one.