The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: College Exam... :)

Tom Tancredo says if you don't pass you don't get to vote!

Just remember, if you write cheat notes in your hand....don't raise your hand facing the professor. Works really well I hear....
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

if you can't bring write cheat notes on your hand, a teleprompter shoud do well.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Lol Jeeez guys I dont check this thread for like a few hours because believe it or not I was studying..Hard to believe I know...And Im getting my back end handed to me about studying? haha Which one of you knows my mom? This isn't fair
    River Bottom Retrievers

HRCH River Bottom Riparian Backwater MH - "Timber"
    (FC Riparian Windfall X HRCH Drenicks Castile Creek Allie MH)

River Bottoms Simply Elegant - "Pearl"
    (FC Drake's Bay Parting Of The Sea X Oldsquaw's Miss Darla QAA)

River Bottoms Leather N Lace - "Lacey"
    (FC AFC Wood River's Franchise X CFC Baypoints My Girl)

www.RiverBottomRetrievers.net

I got a B in polical science for having a right-wing view and voicing it, when the prof had the Soviet National Anthem on his voice recorder. It should have been a clue, but I missed it.

So ask yourself is a good grade more important than being right, if you choose to disagree with him. If he quotes Rush and Glen Beck in his lectures, that would be a good indication of what position you should take.

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    I got a B in polical science for having a right-wing view and voicing it, when the prof had the Soviet National Anthem on his voice recorder. It should have been a clue, but I missed it.

So ask yourself is a good grade more important than being right, if you choose to disagree with him. If he quotes Rush and Glen Beck in his lectures, that would be a good indication of what position you should take.
    When and why did your view change Sambo?

Do you discuss politics with your wife? Meeting her last Fall, I got the impression that she's a bit more conservative than you are.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel722 View Post
    I have a Political Science 101 exam on Thursday...Anyone want to come take it for me? haha Any takers?
    The answer is.....It's All Bush's Fault!!!

You should make a 100.

Example
    Q: Please discuss the banking system and the opinion of Jefferson about the creation of the federal reserve system.

A: Bush sucks! Teacher says correct. Good answer.
    Terry Moseley
    Bad Motor Scooter SH

He that tooteth not his own horn...The same shall not be tooted.

There could be 5 or 6 ninjas in this room right now.

During Bush's second term. It seems like no matter where I live I'm on the wrong side.

They made me a good Rebublican when I was at Texas A&M and then when I went the University of Chicago, I found them much less conservative than at A&M. Austin Goolsbee (he is one of Obama's economic advisors) was my first econ proffesor there and he and I argued politics all the time. This guy was brilliant and I was full of Rush, but we had fun and drank lots of beers while arguing the subject. Then I went to work on Wall Street and I thought surely they would agree with me about politics there but they didn't, and now back in Texas my view has changed and I'm out of place here too.

The bottom-line is I'm conservative in my own business dealings and when they talk about balanced budget and no deficits, that agrees with how I run my business. However, having been told this before every election and then watch them do the opposite, I don't believe them anymore nor should anyone else. I watched inflation get out of control the last couple years of Bush's administration as he funded two wars and a large tax cut for people that did not need a tax cut, while elderly people were making hard decisions about whether they should by food, medicine or gas, and that is when the more human side of me stepped in and said this is not me.

My view of healthcare is that if we have the money to fight two dumb wars and give tax cuts to people that the extra income does nothing for other than give them more wealth, we can afford to provide healthcare to the less fortunate.

You have Kari's number...she is a military brat and works for an oil company, so you and I will agree that the past adminstration was good to the oil industry, so it is probablly not good policy to speak ill of the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel722 View Post
    Lol Jeeez guys I dont check this thread for like a few hours because believe it or not I was studying..Hard to believe I know...And Im getting my back end handed to me about studying? haha Which one of you knows my mom? This isn't fair
    my mother used to call at 6:30 am...and it went like this

me: why are you calling so early

mom: because I know you are at home

me: what if i'm not home

mom: then where would you be sleeping

Mom's always know...you can run but you cant hide
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    During Bush's second term. It seems like no matter where I live I'm on the wrong side.

They made me a good Rebublican when I was at Texas A&M and then when I went the University of Chicago, I found them much less conservative than at A&M. Austin Goolsbee (he is one of Obama's economic advisors) was my first econ proffesor there and he and I argued politics all the time. This guy was brilliant and I was full of Rush, but we had fun and drank lots of beers while arguing the subject. Then I went to work on Wall Street and I thought surely they would agree with me about politics there but they didn't, and now back in Texas my view has changed and I'm out of place here too.

The bottom-line is I'm conservative in my own business dealings and when they talk about balanced budget and no deficits, that agrees with how I run my business. However, having been told this before every election and then watch them do the opposite, I don't believe them anymore nor should anyone else. I watched inflation get out of control the last couple years of Bush's administration as he funded two wars and a large tax cut for people that did not need a tax cut, while elderly people were making hard decisions about whether they should by food, medicine or gas, and that is when the more human side of me stepped in and said this is not me.

My view of healthcare is that if we have the money to fight two dumb wars and give tax cuts to people that the extra income does nothing for other than give them more wealth, we can afford to provide healthcare to the less fortunate.

You have Kari's number...she is a military brat and works for an oil company, so you and I will agree that the past adminstration was good to the oil industry, so it is probablly not good policy to speak ill of the devil.
    Very nicely said. Your conservative roots will be doubted by some here, unless you spew Beckisms and blindly agree with them. Ask me how I know!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!