The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: College Exam... :)

All that guy is about is division and hatred amoung men in order to butter his bread and not better America.

All of his so called facts are taken out of context and spun in an attempt to rally people against the democrats, and they hang on his every word. His audiance does not have to think and he dumbs down the issues while distorting them so that his flock thinks it understands and is able to deliever an opinion no matter how wrong it is.

His cable show has a following of about 5 million viewers and they tune in to be made angry. I have made long time friends mad at me because I don't agree with his bullshit.

Lets compare what is going on in the EMU right now regarding Greece. Do you let them default and kick them out of the union or do you help them sure up their balance sheet?

These are the outcomes: If you help them, the Euro will weaken against all major currencies but there is no systemice fallout; if you don't help them, the Euro looses the burdun or drag on it, but a domino effect will occur amoung the weaker members of the union, thus causing a much more profound negative effect on Europe as these countries default and the systemic risk is much more expensive than helping Greece. The equivilant of out Fed Chairman for Germany supports helping Greece. The German are know for rigid monetary policy, this stems back to when they experienced hyper-inflation, therefore, they except unemployment over inflation. Unlike America, the unemployment of the Great Depression drives our monetary policy, so we are willing to except some inflation for jobs.

My point here is that we have had simular issues in America, such as Calafornia and Glenn Beck spins it as they brought it on theirself so let them fail and ties it to American's paying more tax for the bailout. This works well for him because neither congressional dems or repub are stupid enough to let a state goverenment fail, so he preaches from his soapbox how Obama and the democratic congress have no regard for the hard working american people and if you don't remove them from office, they are going to spend us into bankruptcy. When the truth is just the opposite.

Clearly deficits and debt are bad things, but this is not the time to correct them, because our only way out of this is growth, because if the economy shrinks so does our tax receipts. Think about how much tax revenue would be created if corporate profits increased by 25% and then think about how much would be lost if they shrank by 25%, which they have resently done.

Now I want to correct another fallacy, most small business owners pay little are no federal income taxes, no matter what the marginal rate is, becuase they are able to expense just about every personal expense they have before taxes, and if they are profitable enough to show a profit above that, yes they will pay taxes. However, everyone that makes a salary doesn't have the liberty to expense their cost of living before taxes. So this argument that small businessmen are struggling because of their tax burdun is bullshit too. Small businessmen are struggling because they have too much debt and have lost a considerable amount of cash flow from this economic contraction and their banks have their own problems and are not willing to take addition risk with them. So this aguement that if smallbusiness are given tax cuts they would expand their businesses is bullshit too.

Please explain to me where you disagree with Rush, Beck and Hannity? Is it the smaller government? No? Okay maybe then its the spending less? Oh wait you said you agreed with that to. Okay maybe its the taxing less and allowing you to keep your own money for how you see fit? Dammit there we go again having more of your own money is good for you. Please explain where you disagree?

Secondly how does a tax cut for everyone equate to a tax cut only for the rich. Last i checked my taxes went down since the Bush tax cuts for everyone.

The question you need to ask yourself is did your purchasing power go up? I'll answer for you, no, because your heating/cooling bill doubled, food bill doubled, gasoline tripled, etc. There is another way to tax someone and it is called inflation.

Again I know his tag lines as well as anybody and they make people think they diserve them and then angry them when they don't get them.

Do you agree that medicare and social security are a large reason for the deficit and size of the budget? Yes, so lets remove the cap on payroll taxes. That would probablly alleviate the problem, but can't do that, because that is raising taxes, and lets don't forget that you think that you paid for your medicare and social security. You might want check the math on that, because I pretty sure you have not contributed enough to cover feeding and caring for you until you die and quit complaining. If the republicans have all answers why didn't they do anything when they had the chance.

I bet you like and think we should be in those wars in the middle-east, so why don't you start paying for them. Again don't tell me that the deduction from your check every month is paying for them, so again do the math.

And I bet you would say something like, lets quit feeding those bums that are too lazy to work with my hard earned tax dollars. My guess is that there is a disturbing amount of people on this forum that are out work and not by choice. What do say to them? Is your answer get a job bum?

I'm sorry, I can't think the way that idot does, because I have to look at myself everyday in the mirror.

bad things happen to good people. Thats just how life is. That doesn't mean its governments responsibility to help everyone. I shouldn't be forced to pay for someones health care, food, etc that i have never met and has never met me. If people want to help others fine, just so long as its not the government forcing others to "help"

I hope to never need medicare or SS because i will have been responsible enough to save and pay my own way through retirement, and not rely on the little that people get from SS because they were either not smart enough or (and the more likely case) they were promised they wouldn't need to and now are finding out just how big of a lie that is.
    Last edited by Cody Covey; 02-11-2010 at 05:26 PM. Reason: because

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post

The bottom-line is I'm conservative in my own business dealings and when they talk about balanced budget and no deficits, that agrees with how I run my business. However, having been told this before every election and then watch them do the opposite, I don't believe them anymore nor should anyone else. I watched inflation get out of control the last couple years of Bush's administration as he funded two wars and a large tax cut for people that did not need a tax cut, while elderly people were making hard decisions about whether they should by food, medicine or gas, and that is when the more human side of me stepped in and said this is not me.
    Uncle Bill, you are correct, he does work at IHOP.

No one with an education would make such a crazy statement. Bush may have had many faults but, high interest rates and inflation did not exsist during his administration.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

How is Purdues program doing I just graduated from Auburn Building Science

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post

Secondly how does a tax cut for everyone equate to a tax cut only for the rich. Last i checked my taxes went down since the Bush tax cuts for everyone.
    My federal taxes went down almost unperceptably. However, my local and state taxes went up, our road just got tar-n-chipped instead of re-paved, and numerous user fees for things I've already paid for through taxes have been imposed. They now want to toll I-80. Mabye federal income tax was cut, but the pound of flesh I give each year has gotten bigger over the past several years.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    My federal taxes went down almost unperceptably. However, my local and state taxes went up, our road just got tar-n-chipped instead of re-paved, and numerous user fees for things I've already paid for through taxes have been imposed. They now want to toll I-80. Mabye federal income tax was cut, but the pound of flesh I give each year has gotten bigger over the past several years.

I heard on the radio the other day that several states are seriously considering converting many paved roads back to gravel instead of replacing with new pavement, because gravel is on orders of magnitude less expensive. The fallout should be interesting.
    Last edited by Buzz; 02-11-2010 at 09:20 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I heard on the radio the other day that several states are seriously considering converting many paved roads back to gravel instead of replacing with new pavement, because gravel is on orders of magnitude less expensive. The fallout should be interesting.
    Well, that could prove good for the economy. There will be more cracked windshield and chipped paint to repair!

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    All that guy is about is division and hatred amoung men in order to butter his bread and not better America.

All of his so called facts are taken out of context and spun in an attempt to rally people against the democrats, and they hang on his every word. His audiance does not have to think and he dumbs down the issues while distorting them so that his flock thinks it understands and is able to deliever an opinion no matter how wrong it is.

His cable show has a following of about 5 million viewers and they tune in to be made angry. I have made long time friends mad at me because I don't agree with his bullshit.

Lets compare what is going on in the EMU right now regarding Greece. Do you let them default and kick them out of the union or do you help them sure up their balance sheet?

These are the outcomes: If you help them, the Euro will weaken against all major currencies but there is no systemice fallout; if you don't help them, the Euro looses the burdun or drag on it, but a domino effect will occur amoung the weaker members of the union, thus causing a much more profound negative effect on Europe as these countries default and the systemic risk is much more expensive than helping Greece. The equivilant of out Fed Chairman for Germany supports helping Greece. The German are know for rigid monetary policy, this stems back to when they experienced hyper-inflation, therefore, they except unemployment over inflation. Unlike America, the unemployment of the Great Depression drives our monetary policy, so we are willing to except some inflation for jobs.

My point here is that we have had simular issues in America, such as Calafornia and Glenn Beck spins it as they brought it on theirself so let them fail and ties it to American's paying more tax for the bailout. This works well for him because neither congressional dems or repub are stupid enough to let a state goverenment fail, so he preaches from his soapbox how Obama and the democratic congress have no regard for the hard working american people and if you don't remove them from office, they are going to spend us into bankruptcy. When the truth is just the opposite.

Clearly deficits and debt are bad things, but this is not the time to correct them, because our only way out of this is growth, because if the economy shrinks so does our tax receipts. Think about how much tax revenue would be created if corporate profits increased by 25% and then think about how much would be lost if they shrank by 25%, which they have resently done.

Now I want to correct another fallacy, most small business owners pay little are no federal income taxes, no matter what the marginal rate is, becuase they are able to expense just about every personal expense they have before taxes, and if they are profitable enough to show a profit above that, yes they will pay taxes. However, everyone that makes a salary doesn't have the liberty to expense their cost of living before taxes. So this argument that small businessmen are struggling because of their tax burdun is bullshit too. Small businessmen are struggling because they have too much debt and have lost a considerable amount of cash flow from this economic contraction and their banks have their own problems and are not willing to take addition risk with them. So this aguement that if smallbusiness are given tax cuts they would expand their businesses is bullshit too.
    Good lord, is ALPHA OMEGA back?