The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Very SERIOUS Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Apparently Dick Cheney knew what she meant. Here is an excerpt from ABC's "This week" that was aired today.

PALIN: Say he decided to declare war on Iran or decided really to come out and do whatever he could to support Israel, which I would like him to do, if he decided to toughen up and do all that he can to secure our nation and our allies, I think people would perhaps shift their thinking a little bit and decide, well, maybe he's tougher than we think he -- than he is today.
    (END VIDEO CLIP)
    KARL: She's, of course, talking about President Obama, seemed to be implying that this would be a good political move for him. What's your take?
    CHENEY:I don't think a president can make a judgment like that on the basis of politics. The stakes are too high, the consequences too significant to be treating those as simple political calculations. When you begin to talk about war, talk about crossing international borders, you talk about committing American men and women to combat, that takes place on a plane clear above any political consideration.

Now please tell me I don't know what Palin meant when Dick Cheney knew perfectly well what she meant.
    Hell, I'm not even sure you know what YOU mean...
    Bill Davis

Apparently Dick Cheney knew what she meant. Here is an excerpt from ABC's "This week" that was aired today.

PALIN: Say he decided to declare war on Iran or decided really to come out and do whatever he could to support Israel, which I would like him to do, if he decided to toughen up and do all that he can to secure our nation and our allies, I think people would perhaps shift their thinking a little bit and decide, well, maybe he's tougher than we think he -- than he is today.
    (END VIDEO CLIP)
    KARL: She's, of course, talking about President Obama, seemed to be implying that this would be a good political move for him. What's your take?
    CHENEY:I don't think a president can make a judgment like that on the basis of politics. The stakes are too high, the consequences too significant to be treating those as simple political calculations. When you begin to talk about war, talk about crossing international borders, you talk about committing American men and women to combat, that takes place on a plane clear above any political consideration.

Now please tell me I don't know what Palin meant when Dick Cheney knew perfectly well what she meant.
    Okay, I'll try. Neithor you nor Cheney knows what she meant. No one does. Cheney was stating his opinion. You are stating you opinion as the truth and I am giving mine.

Roger, she isn't president and most likely will not be. If she is ever elected pres, I'm sure it will be Bush's fault.

Oh, since when did you start believing anything Cheney said?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

This morning Dick Cheney was also asked about Palin's comments about going in and "ruffing up the Iranians" and Chency said it would mean sending in troops into Iran, not a thing he would do.
    Splain that!!!!
    I wouldnt send them in either ..I would pull every last american and warn our allies to get the hell out of their. Then send them a surprise.

declaring war is so mundane

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I wouldnt send them in either ..I would pull every last american and warn our allies to get the hell out of their. Then send them a surprise.

declaring war is so mundane

Pete
    Kinda what I was impling
    Last edited by M&K's Retrievers; 02-14-2010 at 05:29 PM.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Kinda what I was implimg
    Well your a smart man then

Roger, we are at war with Iran declared or not. I'm not a Palin fanatic by any stretch, but perhaps her meaning is to make pur stance toward Iran formal.

Maybe you don't get it. Palin wants Obama to start a war which means sending in troops but before the troops can go in there will have to be air strikes just like Iraq. That is what Palin means, not just a slap on the wrist. Do you really believe we need to be starting an all out war with Iran when Iraq and Afghanistan have proven to to be disasters?

Didn't Vice President Biden just say that Iraq is one of the "great acheivements of President Obamas administration??"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEgOP...eature=related

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Didn't Vice President Biden just say that Iraq is one of the "great acheivements of President Obamas administration??"

rk
    Only because we're finally starting to get out after spending eight years and hundreds of billions to counter a threat that wasn't even there. It was a mistake to have gone in and the first six years were mismanaged. We will be paying for that disaster for years to come. But the same people who took us into Iraq are now using the same types of reasoning to get us into the same type of mess again. I'd like to see all future wars financed on a purely pay as you go basis. If you're not willing to vote for the war tax, don't vote for the war.In fact, given their new and belated focus on fiscal responsibility, I'm sure the Republicans will be the first to propose the tax and that Palin will speak in favor.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Only because we're finally starting to get out after spending eight years and hundreds of billions to counter a threat that wasn't even there. It was a mistake to have gone in and the first six years were mismanaged. We will be paying for that disaster for years to come. But the same people who took us into Iraq are now using the same types of reasoning to get us into the same type of mess again. I'd like to see all future wars financed on a purely pay as you go basis. If you're not willing to vote for the war tax, don't vote for the war.In fact, given their new and belated focus on fiscal responsibility, I'm sure the Republicans will be the first to propose the tax and that Palin will speak in favor.
    Nothing like taking my post out of context!!!

RP said-"Do you really believe we need to be starting an all out war with Iran when Iraq and Afghanistan have proven to to be disasters?"

Then I said-"Didn't Vice President Biden just say that Iraq is one of the "great acheivements of President Obamas administration??"

rk"
    Which he did say.
    So.....Is it a "proven disaster" or a "great acheivement?"
    Or both??

BTW----Do you get paid for explaining to us what they all really meant?

rk
    Stan b & Elvis