The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow, just wow...

Default Wow, just wow...

I was flipping through the channels tonight and stopped on cspan because I saw Allen West talking. It was a speech from 1-13-10 in NY. He sounds way too good to be true. Try to look it up on youtube. I know we have talked about this guy before, but I really think that he is the real deal. I can't wait to see what the future holds for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    I was flipping through the channels tonight and stopped on cspan because I saw Allen West talking. It was a speech from 1-13-10 in NY. He sounds way too good to be true. Try to look it up on youtube. I know we have talked about this guy before, but I really think that he is the real deal. I can't wait to see what the future holds for him.
    He's a very articulate man. Was he reading the record from his court marshal?

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    He's a very articulate man. Was he reading the record from his court marshal?
    Or perhaps he was reading his Bronze Star citation.

BTW, I would like to read the record from his court martial. Where would one find that besides your imagination?
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

there was no court martial.

rather than face one based on charges that he violated articles 128 and 134 of the uniform code of military justice, he chose to be processed thru an article 32 hearing. he was fined $5000 and allowed to resign his commision with full benefits.

if he had gone thru a court martial, he was in danger of facing 11 years in prison and loss of benefits.

apparently, he felt that was a bad bet.....-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    apparently, he felt that was a bad bet.....-Paul
    Or perhaps just as apparently, the govt. felt it was a bad bet trying to win a prosecution in a court martial. Or maybe he didn't want to put his family through the ordeal.

If you had the full weight of the United States govt. bearing on you, with your retirement benefits on the table, would you not pay $5k to get out from under it no matter how right you thought you were? I'll answer for you if you don't mind: You bet your arse you would.

Still had a better record of service to our country than most other politicians, including Obambi.
    Bill Davis

Requesting and receiving an Article 32 was a brilliant legal maneuver. Especially in a military environment, where his actions would be deemed heroic and "no big deal". While it preserved his political career, an innocent adjudication by a court martial would be the best way to clear one's name if innocent. Since he openly admitted the charges, and was given a slap on the wrist by the A-32 judge, he may move on politically, answering only to the court of public opinion. Given Oliver North and Gordon Liddy's experience, I suspect he will be just fine. Probably have his own talk show in a few years.

BTW, not that it matters, but was the Iraqi police officer who was beaten an enemy sympathizer, or an innocent man trying to restore and uphold the law in his homeland in arguably the most dangerous job in the world?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

there was not one iota of judgement in my post, Hew. just facts.

no way i would judge the man. i wasn't there and don't know how strong the evidence against him was.

he did whatever he did for reasons i won't speculate on. -Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    there was not one iota of judgement in my post, Hew. just facts.

no way i would judge the man. i wasn't there and don't know how strong the evidence against him was.

he did whatever he did for reasons i won't speculate on. -Paul
    Fair enough. I apologize for jumping to conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Requesting and receiving an Article 32 was a brilliant legal maneuver. Especially in a military environment, where his actions would be deemed heroic and "no big deal". While it preserved his political career, an innocent adjudication by a court martial would be the best way to clear one's name if innocent. Since he openly admitted the charges, and was given a slap on the wrist by the A-32 judge, he may move on politically, answering only to the court of public opinion. Given Oliver North and Gordon Liddy's experience, I suspect he will be just fine. Probably have his own talk show in a few years.

BTW, not that it matters, but was the Iraqi police officer who was beaten an enemy sympathizer, or an innocent man trying to restore and uphold the law in his homeland in arguably the most dangerous job in the world?
    Guess you had to be there.....glad I wasn't!!

rk
    Stan b & Elvis