The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow, just wow...

[QUOTE=Leddyman;566121]
    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

O.K. I retract the dealing part. It was implied by Hillary's campaign. The rest of my statement I maintain.

The accusations of cocaine use by Bush merely illustrate the weakness of his argument.
    Notwithstanding what Jeff took the time to point out, I find it curious that Bush failed to show up for a flight phyisical with the Nat'l Guard. Call me naive, but when I was in the military, failure to report was taken seriously. Skipping a pee test was taken even more seriously. And Bush DID have a DUI in the state of Maine. And gee, maybe he's not an alcoholic, but someone who admitted to drinking "too much", had a DUI and lost his license, and totally quit drinking ANY form of alcohol for the next 40 years.....meets some people's definition of alcoholism. Kudos to him for beating it! I do respect him for that, if nothing else.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

Notwithstanding what Jeff took the time to point out, I find it curious that Bush failed to show up for a flight phyisical with the Nat'l Guard. Call me naive, but when I was in the military, failure to report was taken seriously. Skipping a pee test was taken even more seriously. And Bush DID have a DUI in the state of Maine. And gee, maybe he's not an alcoholic, but someone who admitted to drinking "too much", had a DUI and lost his license, and totally quit drinking ANY form of alcohol for the next 40 years.....meets some people's definition of alcoholism. Kudos to him for beating it! I do respect him for that, if nothing else.

GREAT POST, ROGER! OOPS, YOU HAIN'T ROGER...ARE YOU?

I'm sorry, I get you two confused. But I shoulda known. One of you is a bleeding heart liberal, and the other is a flaming independant. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My fault for the confusion, but you must admit, as you vacillate through life, it's difficult to recognize which pile of manure you are standing on.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p9...layer_embedded

The view counter indicates over 2,000,000 views.

This man is a powerful speaker. If he could rally more of like mind into Congress, there might be a chance of change.

It's an interesting contrast between his background being more "modest" than Obama's & coming forth with a very different view of what the Constitution was meant to provide ... equal opportunity, but not equal outcomes.

I haven't yet read the details on the Article 32 issue. If that issue were to be overcome this man could come out strongly in head-to-head with Obama ... and likely a lot of other Republicans.
    Last edited by Gerry Clinchy; 03-03-2010 at 12:17 PM.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

WTF? Wow, just wow? I'll say. I went and listened to this guy. Here is my favorite quote:

If you're here to get your musket, to fix your bayonet, and to charge into the enemy ranks, you're my brother and sister in this fight. You need to leave here understanding one word, that is bayonets, and charge this enemy for your freedom, for your liberty...
    That's some pretty f'in scarry stuff. This guy has no business getting anywhere near the levers of power in this country.
    Last edited by Buzz; 03-03-2010 at 11:07 AM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

a·nal·o·gy   /əˈnælədʒi/ Show Spelled[uh-nal-uh-jee] Show IPA
    –noun,plural-gies.
    1.a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based: the analogy between the heart and a pump.
    2.similarity or comparability: I see no analogy between your problem and mine.
    3.Biology. an analogous relationship.
    4.Linguistics.
    a.the process by which words or phrases are created or re-formed according to existing patterns in the language, as when shoon was re-formed as shoes, when -ize is added to nouns like winter to form verbs, or when a child says foots for feet.
    b.a form resulting from such a process.
    5.Logic. a form of reasoning in which one thing is inferred to be similar to another thing in a certain respect, on the basis of the known similarity between the things in other respects.
    met·a·phor   /ˈmɛtəˌfɔr, -fər/ Show Spelled[met-uh-fawr, -fer] Show IPA
    –noun
    1.a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance, as in “A mighty fortress is our God.”Compare mixed metaphor, simile (def. 1).
    2.something used, or regarded as being used, to represent something else; emblem; symbol.

Thanks for the education.

I don't care for his analogies and metaphors. OK?

Those citizen militias out training on the weekends don't need to hear his analogies and metaphors.
    Last edited by Buzz; 03-03-2010 at 11:16 AM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    WTF? Wow, just wow? I'll say. I went and listened to this guy. Here is my favorite quote:

That's some pretty f'in scarry stuff. This guy has no business getting anywhere near the levers of power in this country.

For some reason your reaction doesn’t surprise me. Humm
    "SR Isabel's Going for gold"
    "Kallie's Anatomy Of Grey"

Both lazy house pets untill you ask, "do you want to go play"!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    GREAT POST, ROGER! OOPS, YOU HAIN'T ROGER...ARE YOU?

I'm sorry, I get you two confused. But I shoulda known. One of you is a bleeding heart liberal, and the other is a flaming independant. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My fault for the confusion, but you must admit, as you vacillate through life, it's difficult to recognize which pile of manure you are standing on.

UB
    You crack me up UB, keep up the good work.
    "SR Isabel's Going for gold"
    "Kallie's Anatomy Of Grey"

Both lazy house pets untill you ask, "do you want to go play"!

Quote Originally Posted by kb27_99 View Post
    For some reason your reaction doesn’t surprise me. Humm
    Right back at ya.

Quote Originally Posted by kb27_99 View Post
    You crack me up UB, keep up the good work.
    Hmmm...labeling (incorrectly, by the way), name calling, and cute little metaphors about animal feces......

How old are you? My 6 year old got a chuckle out of that one too, when I explained what manure is!

But doesn't address the issues. Guess he's got nothing to intelligent to say. But don't let that stop you!

Having served honorably for 14 years, I fail to see humor in failure to report, and skipping drug tests! I know the Army doesn't see humor in it either. I'm sure the Air Force has similar views.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!