The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 51

Thread: Wow, just wow...

  1. #31
    Senior Member kb27_99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Iberia, Louisiana
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Hmmm...labeling (incorrectly, by the way), name calling, and cute little metaphors about animal feces......

    How old are you? My 6 year old got a chuckle out of that one too, when I explained what manure is!

    But doesn't address the issues. Guess he's got nothing to intelligent to say. But don't let that stop you!

    Having served honorably for 14 years, I fail to see humor in failure to report, and skipping drug tests! I know the Army doesn't see humor in it either. I'm sure the Air Force has similar views.

    Should I have used a private message instead? That way you wouldn't see it as a personal attack, if thatís the way you see it I sincerely apologize. I also would like to thank you for your service to our country. I don't have a dog in this particular fight, but I do find it disturbing that a person with your background would be an Obama cheerleader.

    Cheers, Kevin
    "SR Isabel's Going for gold"
    "Kallie's Anatomy Of Grey"

    Both lazy house pets untill you ask, "do you want to go play"!

  2. #32
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Hmmm...labeling (incorrectly, by the way), name calling, and cute little metaphors about animal feces......

    How old are you? My 6 year old got a chuckle out of that one too, when I explained what manure is!

    But doesn't address the issues. Guess he's got nothing to intelligent to say. But don't let that stop you!

    Having served honorably for 14 years, I fail to see humor in failure to report, and skipping drug tests! I know the Army doesn't see humor in it either. I'm sure the Air Force has similar views.
    But it's OK to make a coke snortin socialist Commander in Chief?? OK that really makes sense.
    Bill Davis

  3. #33
    Senior Member Hew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    WTF? Wow, just wow? I'll say. I went and listened to this guy. Here is my favorite quote:



    That's some pretty f'in scarry stuff. This guy has no business getting anywhere near the levers of power in this country.
    Your laughably feigned indignation at an obvious metaphor is an insult to the intelligence of all sentient life on this planet (and any other, for that matter). You should apologize to your dogs.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

  4. #34
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    But it's OK to make a coke snortin socialist Commander in Chief?? OK that really makes sense.
    Are you saying that? I didn't. What makes sense is sticking to the point here. Name calling is one of the last resorts of someone who is out of things intelligent to say. Not surprising this happens frequently with some people, but that's getting off the point again.

    GWB failed to report for a flight physical, which included a drug test. You or I would be dealt with severely for the same violation. It is *rumored* to be the case that he engaged in using cocaine at a youthful point in his life, and skipping a military drug test does little to dispel those rumors. He wisely refused to answer questions regarding drug use, later in life. Other politicians would be wise to follow suit, as long as their puritans and hypocrites out there.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  5. #35
    Senior Member EdA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pals View Post
    Au contraire Jeff- I went to a big ten school here in the heartland and never touched any drugs-
    whew!.....that makes me feel better I was beginning to think something was wrong with me.....

    glad to know I was not the only college student who never puffed, snorted, or injected........ marijuana, cocaine, LSD.....?????

    our drug of choice was beer, preferably Coors which we had to import from West Texas since Coors had not gotten into the cities due to lack of brewery capacity to get into those markets, they drank Lone Star in Austin YUK, smoked a few too many cigarettes too....stupid

    in my last year of vet school at Texas A&M (1969) we heard about a couple of South America students who were growing peyote in a window box in their dorm room but I had no idea what peyote was, that was my first awareness of drugs on the university campus and I was 23 years old.....

  6. #36
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    whew!.....that makes me feel better I was beginning to think something was wrong with me.....

    glad to know I was not the only college student who never puffed, snorted, or injected........ marijuana, cocaine, LSD.....?????

    our drug of choice was beer, preferably Coors which we had to import from West Texas since Coors had not gotten into the cities due to lack of brewery capacity to get into those markets, they drank Lone Star in Austin YUK, smoked a few too many cigarettes too....stupid

    in my last year of vet school at Texas A&M (1969) we heard about a couple of South America students who were growing peyote in a window box in their dorm room but I had no idea what peyote was, that was my first awareness of drugs on the university campus and I was 23 years old.....
    You guys are so "pedestrian....."





    rk
    Stan b & Elvis

  7. #37
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Are you saying that? I didn't. What makes sense is sticking to the point here. Name calling is one of the last resorts of someone who is out of things intelligent to say. Not surprising this happens frequently with some people, but that's getting off the point again.

    GWB failed to report for a flight physical, which included a drug test. You or I would be dealt with severely for the same violation. It is *rumored* to be the case that he engaged in using cocaine at a youthful point in his life, and skipping a military drug test does little to dispel those rumors. He wisely refused to answer questions regarding drug use, later in life. Other politicians would be wise to follow suit, as long as their puritans and hypocrites out there.
    I'm not name calling. Obama bragged in his book about doing illegal drugs.
    Bill Davis

  8. #38
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    whew!.....that makes me feel better I was beginning to think something was wrong with me.....

    glad to know I was not the only college student who never puffed, snorted, or injected........ marijuana, cocaine, LSD.....?????

    our drug of choice was beer, preferably Coors which we had to import from West Texas since Coors had not gotten into the cities due to lack of brewery capacity to get into those markets, they drank Lone Star in Austin YUK, smoked a few too many cigarettes too....stupid

    in my last year of vet school at Texas A&M (1969) we heard about a couple of South America students who were growing peyote in a window box in their dorm room but I had no idea what peyote was, that was my first awareness of drugs on the university campus and I was 23 years old.....
    At least I made it clear that I was talking about my alma mater, a bastion of eastern liberal elitists. Your problem, Ed, is that you are just too old. Anyone graduating pre-Woodstock just missed the bus (Ken Kesey's that is). There was a small group of post Woodstockers, including people like Steve Forbes and now Justice Sam Alito, who were definitely in the alcohol only set and even then in moderation. However, campus dealers were active in both the SDS and the Young Republicans, not because of any ideological leanings, but purely to be close to their customers.

  9. #39
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Are you saying that? I didn't. What makes sense is sticking to the point here. Name calling is one of the last resorts of someone who is out of things intelligent to say. Not surprising this happens frequently with some people, but that's getting off the point again.

    GWB failed to report for a flight physical, which included a drug test. You or I would be dealt with severely for the same violation. It is *rumored* to be the case that he engaged in using cocaine at a youthful point in his life, and skipping a military drug test does little to dispel those rumors. He wisely refused to answer questions regarding drug use, later in life. Other politicians would be wise to follow suit, as long as their puritans and hypocrites out there.
    Why is it in your opinion that whatever Bush did is a crime punishable by death but whatever Obama did was just a college prank? Give us a break. Independent my arse.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  10. #40
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Why is it in your opinion that whatever Bush did is a crime punishable by death but whatever Obama did was just a college prank? Give us a break. Independent my arse.
    Now you're comical. If you could read with an unbiased eye, you would have CLEARLY seen that I stated those who break the law should be punished, no matter who or what they are!

    Not only did I NOT say what you implied, but I said the EXACT opposite! Wake up and smell the coffee! Quit imposing your political prejudices where they don't belong.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •