The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Wow, just wow...

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I'm not name calling. Obama bragged in his book about doing illegal drugs.
    Did you really read his book? I didn't, so I'll take your word for it.
    (and no, I really didn't read it...last book I read was Endurance, about Shackelton's antartic expedition. Makes us look like pansies by comparison)

Hey, maybe there's a fun thread in that? What's the last book, or favorite book, you've read?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Did you really read his book? I didn't, so I'll take your word for it.
    (and no, I really didn't read it...last book I read was Endurance, about Shackelton's antartic expedition. Makes us look like pansies by comparison)

Hey, maybe there's a fun thread in that? What's the last book, or favorite book, you've read?
    Really??

Maybe you need a winter in WI!!!
    Toughin' you up!!

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

Did you really read his book?
    Absolutely not! Just heard that reported any number of times on tv and radio. Of course I believe anything I hear from professional journalists.
    Bill Davis

What's the last book, or favorite book, you've read?

Pillars of the Earth, by Ken Follett.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

Originally Posted by EdA
    whew!.....that makes me feel better I was beginning to think something was wrong with me.....

glad to know I was not the only college student who never puffed, snorted, or injected........ marijuana, cocaine, LSD.....?????

our drug of choice was beer, preferably Coors which we had to import from West Texas since Coors had not gotten into the cities due to lack of brewery capacity to get into those markets, they drank Lone Star in Austin YUK, smoked a few too many cigarettes too....stupid

in my last year of vet school at Texas A&M (1969) we heard about a couple of South America students who were growing peyote in a window box in their dorm room but I had no idea what peyote was, that was my first awareness of drugs on the university campus and I was 23 years old.....
    At least I made it clear that I was talking about my alma mater, a bastion of eastern liberal elitists. Your problem, Ed, is that you are just too old. Anyone graduating pre-Woodstock just missed the bus (Ken Kesey's that is). There was a small group of post Woodstockers, including people like Steve Forbes and now Justice Sam Alito, who were definitely in the alcohol only set and even then in moderation. However, campus dealers were active in both the SDS and the Young Republicans, not because of any ideological leanings, but purely to be close to their customers.
    From my point of view, you guys are both old... When Woodstock happend, I was in grade school.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    From my point of view, you guys are both old... When Woodstock happend, I was in grade school.
    What's Woodstock?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Your problem, Ed, is that you are just too old. .
    I am reminded of that on occasion when the body will not keep up with the spirit but it sure as heck beats the alternative

My only surviving immediate family member is one of my older brothers (6 years my senior) who had his 70th birthday recently. We wonder how in the hell 50 years disappeared so fast, seems like just the other day he was in law school at UT while I was in vet school at TAMU.

As my recently departed close friend A.C. Ray often said "there's nothing golden about the golden years"

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    We wonder how in the hell 50 years disappeared so fast, seems like just the other day he was in law school at UT while I was in vet school at TAMU."
    That had to make for some interesting Saturday afternoons!

dave
    TAMU '90

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    All of you are old...I wasn't even a twinkle in my dad's eye until years after that...

That had to make for some interesting Saturday afternoons!

dave
    TAMU '90
    You should check out our family, Thanksgiving weekend is the only time I wont talk to my brother..he even asked me not to park my truck adorned with UT emblems next to the maroon aTm truck in the driveway....and thats in Boise
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"