The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A what if or When if question

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Default A what if or When if question

What do you think will be the reaction of the Obama administration when Israel blasts heck out of Iran?
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown49 aka Otey B View Post
    What do you think will be the reaction of the Obama administration when Israel blasts heck out of Iran?
    CNN reported on an interesting military simulation done on this scenario. The conclusion was that it would solidify the government in Iran as opposition leaders rallied behind the government, that Iran would attack oil fields in Saudi Arabia, and that oil procies would triple.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    CNN reported on an interesting military simulation done on this scenario. The conclusion was that it would solidify the government in Iran as opposition leaders rallied behind the government, that Iran would attack oil fields in Saudi Arabia, and that oil procies would triple.
    ....and destroy the USA's economy.

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    ....and destroy the USA's economy.

rk
    Oil prices nearly tripled last year, for completely unknown reasons. Wasn't much fun, but it forced us to be a little more responsible with our consumption. Made me price some Hondas even.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Tripled oil prices vs. Israel being laid to waste? Not a hard choice in my mind.

The above scenario aptly explains why it doesn't really matter what Obama intends to do, because the reaction of the Iranians will determine what Obama does. In the above scenario we will meet any threats to oil production with force and protect our Persian Gulf allies...by destroying Iran's naval and air capacity.

I think Ackmadinnerjacket is likely bluffing about his nuclear intentions. But then I live beyond the means of his capacity to drop them on my childrens' heads and is a safe bet for me to make. Israel likely can't afford to make that bet given the little nutjob's statements about wipining Israel off the map and all. If/when Israel attacks I hope we give them all the logistical and intelligence help they need to do a thorough job. We're gonna get dragged into it or blamed whether we help them or not, so we might as well try to see that it's done right.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post

If/when Israel attacks I hope we give them all the logistical and intelligence help they need to do a thorough job. We're gonna get dragged into it or blamed whether we help them or not, so we might as well try to see that it's done right.
    They also don't have the deep bunker type bombs to do a thorough job which we could supply them with.

The Isralis will do something more than just talk. Of course both China and Russia will be really pissed at us as well as N Korea and the expression on Hugo Chavez's face will be priceless.

Didn't I hear Obamo saying something like; Drill here, drill now last week?
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

The obama administration will wait 10 days to see which way the wind blows. They will than appologize to the world for something...anything. After that they will make a lame statement that will need days of clarification. In the early days of the event, the world will not know if we are with the Israeli's or against them, condem the event or support it, or are actually standing with Iran. The UN will condemn the action. Under this administration we will vasilate causing the Brits to stand alone with Israel. Hillary Clinton will shine, obama will look inept.

My prediction of a future event that may or may not happen.
    Last edited by subroc; 02-14-2010 at 08:46 AM.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    They also don't have the deep bunker type bombs to do a thorough job which we could supply them with.

The Isralis will do something more than just talk. Of course both China and Russia will be really pissed at us as well as N Korea and the expression on Hugo Chavez's face will be priceless.

Didn't I hear Obamo saying something like; Drill here, drill now last week?
    What makes anyone think that "regime change" in Iran can be accomplished any more easily than regime change in Iraq? I do not think that there is any strategy, short of war, that can succeed in creating significant political change in Iran without willing participation of the Chinese and Russians.

I also suspect that a war -- whether initiated by Israel or the US -- will backfire completely. It will destroy the Iranian opposition, unite the Iranian public against us, isolate us further from Russia (not too serious) and China (which will cut off credit), possibly result in the destruction of Israel, and complete the bankruptcy of our economy. I see very little chance of any positive outcome from such a war in the short or long term.

In considering strategies, the last thing we need is decision-making based on a desire to prove our manhood. Rather, we need a strategy based on patience, persistence, and a recognition that a nuclear Iran would still probably leave Iran as the third most dangerous nuclear country in the world behind both Pakistan (the most dangerous) and North Korea (a distant second). Key elements of a strategy need to include:
    • Improving the relationship between Israel and its immediate neighbors, including Palestinians. That will not happen without significant pressure on Israel to give up its colonial role. It cannot survive as a country if it insists on occupying lands, and even settling lands, where it is not prepared to give rights of citizenship to the resident Palestinian population.
    • Increase connections between the Iranian people and the rest of the world. Iran, despite its government, has one of the more educated populations in the region and its people are much more open to western culture than its government. The more the country is isolated, the stronger the government will be. Extremism thrives in isolation.
    • Maintain and expand discrete support for the Iranian political opposition. Support that is too overt can back fire.
    • Work to reduce Russia's dependency on Iran. Russia is a potent ally for Iran and desperately needs Iranian oil. It is also uniquely positioned to further Iran's nuclear program without regard to our opposition.
    • Continue working with China to ensure that it understands that it will lose in the event of a confrontation between Iran and the US.
    • Accelerate our own move toward development of non-oil based energy sources. Anything that reduces our economic dependency on imported oil reduces Iran's ability to disrupt our economy.
    Progress in dealing with Iran will take years. A war-based strategy of confrontation will not make the process faster, but it will make the outcome more uncertain.

What makes anyone think that "regime change" in Iran can be accomplished any more easily than regime change in Iraq? I do not think that there is any strategy, short of war, that can succeed in creating significant political change in Iran without willing participation of the Chinese and Russians.

I also suspect that a war -- whether initiated by Israel or the US -- will backfire completely. It will destroy the Iranian opposition, unite the Iranian public against us, isolate us further from Russia (not too serious) and China (which will cut off credit), possibly result in the destruction of Israel, and complete the bankruptcy of our economy. I see very little chance of any positive outcome from such a war in the short or long term.

In considering strategies, the last thing we need is decision-making based on a desire to prove our manhood. Rather, we need a strategy based on patience, persistence, and a recognition that a nuclear Iran would still probably leave Iran as the third most dangerous nuclear country in the world behind both Pakistan (the most dangerous) and North Korea (a distant second). Key elements of a strategy need to include:
    • Improving the relationship between Israel and its immediate neighbors, including Palestinians. That will not happen without significant pressure on Israel to give up its colonial role. It cannot survive as a country if it insists on occupying lands, and even settling lands, where it is not prepared to give rights of citizenship to the resident Palestinian population.
    • Increase connections between the Iranian people and the rest of the world. Iran, despite its government, has one of the more educated populations in the region and its people are much more open to western culture than its government. The more the country is isolated, the stronger the government will be. Extremism thrives in isolation.
    • Maintain and expand discrete support for the Iranian political opposition. Support that is too overt can back fire.
    • Work to reduce Russia's dependency on Iran. Russia is a potent ally for Iran and desperately needs Iranian oil. It is also uniquely positioned to further Iran's nuclear program without regard to our opposition.
    • Continue working with China to ensure that it understands that it will lose in the event of a confrontation between Iran and the US.
    • Accelerate our own move toward development of non-oil based energy sources. Anything that reduces our economic dependency on imported oil reduces Iran's ability to disrupt our economy.
    Progress in dealing with Iran will take years. A war-based strategy of confrontation will not make the process faster, but it will make the outcome more uncertain.
    Who said anything about regime change in Iran? Any change in the leadership of Iran would have to come from its people.

I don't expect the Israelis to wait around on us or the rest of the world in securing their survival. In case you missed it, Akmadinajoke has stated seveal times that he wants to wipe Israel off the map. A threat the Israeli won't take lightly.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Whoever is proposing that we bomb Iran....how will we establish a stable secure gov't in the ruins afterwards? Does anyone think that radical-Islamists who REALLY hate America will just stand by and let us put one of our selected "good little Muslims" in charge??
    And once that question is answered, my next question is, can we get the Chinese to loan us the money to carry our that plan?? We sure don't have it.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!