The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: World may not be warming, say scientists

  1. #31
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    I don't think we're getting through to you. All...repeat ALL...the material on "global warming" is now suspect. I don't care what you say or quote, someone can now say that it's based on flawed data and there's simply no way to refute that statement. I'm not presenting an argument for or against global warming. I'm showing how stupid the scientists are for their advocacy and how gullible our politicians are for swallowing this hook, line, and sinker.

    As far as that goes....the BBC is every bit as flawed a source as Murdock and for the same reason though the other side of the coin. I lived in the UK for 3 years. Other than the Guardian, no news source is more slanted to the left.

    Eric
    I found errors in every single textbook I used in college. I promptly threw them each into the garbage and told my instructors that every bit of information in them was now suspect, and that they were not worth the paper they were printed on. They were very understanding at test time.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  2. #32
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    now please point out one thing i said bad about your kids. ??

    i just said they would be confused, the insult is directed at you. not surprised you didnt see it...

    "well, you see Johnny, its like this. yes, i want guns so i can hunt and protect my family, but we are voting for a guy and support a guy that says we shouldnt have these guns, and that we cling to them and our religion because we aren't as smart as our leaders. but thats ok, the rules aren't made for us."
    I believe it was directed at Yardley anyway, but hoping someone "doesn't have kids" is pretty personal. Just because someone doesn't share your political views is no reason to question their ability to raise kids that aren't "confused" for cryin' out loud!

    "and by the way Johnny, don't spend more than your allowance by borrowing milk money from that Chinese kid, but our government for the past 8 years borrowed 5-7 trillion, depending on how you stack your dimes, and we want more of that behavior...the rules aren't made for us"
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  3. #33
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    now please point out one thing i said bad about your kids. ??

    i just said they would be confused, the insult is directed at you. not surprised you didnt see it...

    "well, you see Johnny, its like this. yes, i want guns so i can hunt and protect my family, but we are voting for a guy and support a guy that says we shouldnt have these guns, and that we cling to them and our religion because we aren't as smart as our leaders. but thats ok, the rules aren't made for us."
    Actually, my kids do extremely well at the ripe ages of 36 and almost 28. Both have formed their own companies and done well, and both have wonderful families of their own. My son and daughter in law like to shoot, my daughter and son in law do not. My daughter is an occasional fish eating vegetarian for both dietary and ethical reasons, and is an outstanding cook. My daughter in law looks at the ocean, a river, or the woods, and sees a supermarket full of food. She loves to fish. She has never hunted but would like to. For that matter, I have never hunted, and the only animals I have ever shot with a gun have been the birds used in training my dogs. I have no problems with hunting, but seldom eat meat. I have guns because I like to shoot targets and because I have a tendency to take pictures in areas that are not necessarily good for the health. All of us -- my four kids, my ex, and I -- voted for Obama and, given the same choices, I would do so again. I did not vote for him in the primary, but it was close. None of us is the slightest bit confused. I like some things about Obama and dislike others. I liked some things about McCain but disliked more, mostly because of his shift to the right to strengthen his base. I consider Palin to be the epitome of some of the worst that American politics has to offer. I also believe she is a complete narcissist and largely amoral. Unfortunately, she shares those traits with many politicians fro both sides of the aisle. I appreciate your concern about my family, but I can assure you that they do very well.

  4. #34
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Actually, my kids do extremely well at the ripe ages of 36 and almost 28. Both have formed their own companies and done well, and both have wonderful families of their own. My son and daughter in law like to shoot, my daughter and son in law do not. My daughter is an occasional fish eating vegetarian for both dietary and ethical reasons, and is an outstanding cook. My daughter in law looks at the ocean, a river, or the woods, and sees a supermarket full of food. She loves to fish. She has never hunted but would like to. For that matter, I have never hunted, and the only animals I have ever shot with a gun have been the birds used in training my dogs. I have no problems with hunting, but seldom eat meat. I have guns because I like to shoot targets and because I have a tendency to take pictures in areas that are not necessarily good for the health. All of us -- my four kids, my ex, and I -- voted for Obama and, given the same choices, I would do so again. I did not vote for him in the primary, but it was close. None of us is the slightest bit confused. I like some things about Obama and dislike others. I liked some things about McCain but disliked more, mostly because of his shift to the right to strengthen his base. I consider Palin to be the epitome of some of the worst that American politics has to offer. I also believe she is a complete narcissist and largely amoral. Unfortunately, she shares those traits with many politicians fro both sides of the aisle. I appreciate your concern about my family, but I can assure you that they do very well.
    Much like the sitting President!!




    rk
    Stan b & Elvis

  5. #35
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,050

    Default

    All I know I had three guns before Obama and I got three guns now. Nobody has stopped my hunting. Boo--Happy Halloween.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  6. #36
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    All I know I had three guns before Obama and I got three guns now. Nobody has stopped my hunting. Boo--Happy Halloween.

    I had and have 8 guns. And I have not heard Obama say that he wants to take them away. Here are statements from candidates McCain and Obama about the recent Supreme Court decision on gun rights:

    http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jun...-scotus27?pg=2



    On the presidential campaign trail, Republican John McCain and Democrat Barack Obama were supportive of the court's ruling.

    While calling the decision "a landmark victory for 2nd Amendment freedom," McCain said it did not "mark the end of our struggle against those who seek to limit the rights of law-abiding citizens." He also took a jab at a controversial statement Obama made in April, adding: "Unlike the elitist view that believes Americans cling to guns out of bitterness, today's ruling recognizes that gun ownership is a fundamental right -- sacred, just as the right to free speech and assembly."

    For his part, Obama drew a somewhat different lesson from the court's decision. He said it endorsed both gun rights and reasonable regulation.

    "I have always believed that the Second Amendment protects the rights of individuals to bear arms, but I also identify with the need for crime-ravaged communities to save their children from the violence that plagues our streets through common-sense, effective safety measures," he said.

    "I know what works in Chicago may not work in Cheyenne. We can work together to enact common-sense laws, like closing the gun-show loophole and improving our background-check system, so that guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists or criminals."
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  7. #37
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    All I know I had three guns before Obama and I got three guns now. Nobody has stopped my hunting. Boo--Happy Halloween.
    I know it seems like forever, but Obama has only been there a little over a year. He's been way too busy trying to to jump start the economy, creating jobs and giving speeches. Give him time. After all, he did manage to appoint a judge who would like to take your 3 guns.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  8. #38
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    ... All of us -- my four kids, my ex, and I -- voted for Obama and, given the same choices, I would do so again.
    Gosh! Who would of thunk it?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  9. #39
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I know it seems like forever, but Obama has only been there a little over a year. He's been way too busy trying to to jump start the economy, creating jobs and giving speeches. Give him time. After all, he did manage to appoint a judge who would like to take your 3 guns.
    I ain't worried!
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  10. #40
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I ain't worried!
    Maybe you should be.

    NRA regards
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •