The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Hilary Going To Do?

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Polls are very accurate measurements of the electorate...you would agree?
    no, elections are a good measurement of the electorate.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    no, elections are a good measurement of the electorate.
    Guess you missed the sarcasm
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Maybe, I am not above missing a lob.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Polls are very accurate measurements of the electorate...you would agree?
    No. Just an indication. I thought in interesting that it came from Carville's firm.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

back when I answered the OP in Feb I figured no way no how...but I have re thought that stance when it comes to Bill/ Hillary..they are such egomaniacs that they may believe that as BHO numbers and popularity decline that they can swoop in and save the Dem party and ultimately save the country..pick you poison, would you rather face a failing incumbent or a surging comeback war horse
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    back when I answered the OP in Feb I figured no way no how...but I have re thought that stance when it comes to Bill/ Hillary..they are such egomaniacs that they may believe that as BHO numbers and popularity decline that they can swoop in and save the Dem party and ultimately save the country..pick you poison, would you rather face a failing incumbent or a surging comeback war horse
    I pick "none of the above", and that includes those R's waiting in the wings. I think we would all like to see a candidate for 2012 emerge that most of us could support and believe in, regardless of affiliation. Unlikely though. Partisanship has reached levels that I think make that unlikely.
    If the Republican party raises a viable candidate, they will be attacked and maligned as has become common these days. It is what it has become.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

I pick "none of the above", and that includes those R's waiting in the wings. I think we would all like to see a candidate for 2012 emerge that most of us could support and believe in, regardless of affiliation. Unlikely though. Partisanship has reached levels that I think make that unlikely.
    If the Republican party raises a viable candidate, they will be attacked and maligned as has become common these days. It is what it has become.

JD
    I agree. I'm not sure who I would support but one thing I believe for sure. There needs to be gridlock either between The House and Senate or between Congress and The White House. The country is better off when these money grubbing, self interest, lying public servants can't accomplish anything.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I agree. I'm not sure who I would support but one thing I believe for sure. There needs to be gridlock either between The House and Senate or between Congress and The White House. The country is better off when these money grubbing, self interest, lying public servants can't accomplish anything.
    I don't agree with you there m&k. Imperfect to be sure, but I believe we still have a better system than most of the rest of the world.

Your alternative?

I'm waiting to hear.

Regards, JD

I don't agree with you there m&k. Imperfect to be sure, but I believe we still have a better system than most of the rest of the world.

Your alternative?

I'm waiting to hear.

Regards, JD
    Your right but I think the existing system would work well if tweaked a little. Term limits, mandatory balanced budgets, Congressional members required to abide by the same rules as the rest of us (health care, social security, etc), no earmarks and no lobbyist appointments come to mind. JD, carpetbaggers came to the South after the Civil War taking advantage of the war torn South. I'm afraid that today Washington is full of 537 carpetbaggers and will remain so until the system is changed so that these bandits can't go to DC to get rich and set up for life. Don't you agree just a little?

Watching The Searchers with John Wayne regards,
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Your right but I think the existing system would work well if tweaked a little. Term limits, mandatory balanced budgets, Congressional members required to abide by the same rules as the rest of us (health care, social security, etc), no earmarks and no lobbyist appointments come to mind. JD, carpetbaggers came to the South after the Civil War taking advantage of the war torn South. I'm afraid that today Washington is full of 537 carpetbaggers and will remain so until the system is changed so that these bandits can't go to DC to get rich and set up for life. Don't you agree just a little?

Watching The Searchers with John Wayne regards,
    Love the John Wayne movies.

On the political side..........I have been sitting here at the computer lately wondering how many die-hard demos and repubs we have who wouldn't vote a split ticket to save the nation. I see all these arguements and it seems most of us have a strong bias one way or the other. The year that Bush (the younger) and Gore ran I wouldn't vote for either. We have not had a good man running for so long I have forgotten who it was. It would seem that voting all in DC out as soon as possible might be a move in the right direction.
    Just one question .......... can either major party find an honest man ( or woman ) to run for any office anywhere ?