The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What's Hilary Going To Do?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I agree ...the conservatives have no current answer for her, because she is so much further to the right than BHO which puts her in the center...She also has foreign policy experience on her resume...

As much as it pains me to admit...the Republicans can beat Obama...I am not sure they can beat Clinton
    you may be on to something here if we had a "rerun", b
    ut if hillary makes a go at it or she and biden trade places i think it shows the dems admitting they had it all wrong to begin with and are divisive within themselves. self destruction wont win votes from independents..

Just think of what would happen if Obongo was left off the 2012 ticket? It would be 1960's rioting all over again.

M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Wouldn't surprise me if Hilary is "setting up" in case events turn in her favor.

I don't think she is at all happy as a second banana.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

And I don't think Bill is happy as third banana.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    And I don't think Bill is happy as third banana.
    Blii still thinks "its a fairy tale...gimme a break"...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Monica Crowley did a long piece on Hillary's plans for 2012.

She and Bill just spent a week hobnobbing with big $ in the Hamptons ... big $ Democratic contributors.

Crowley pointed out Hillary's Presidential aspirations in March 2009 ... and today's commentary could be very convincing. She pointed out a lot of interesting points:

1) Hillary will look like she is a "safe" alternative to Obama in 2012. She likely figures she has to make her move in 2012, because she will be perceived as too old in 2016.

2) She will play the "gender" card (first woman POTUS) in much the same way that Obama used the "race" card (first black POTUS). That would "excite" voters to vote for the first woman Pres as they were "excited" about the landmark of first black POTUS in 2008.

3) Hillary would follow the same route as O did ... making voters think she is "moderate" when she is really just as "left" as O. She still believes in socialized medicine & higher taxes, but she will not run on that

4) Monica noted a number of strategic moves on Hillary's part over the past 18 mos. H always wanted govt medical care, but she knows the people hate the thought, so you never heard H taking a big role in the health care hubbub. Her name was never mentioned in the Petraeus todo, even though her State Dept was also involved in the whole thing. Billy Boy has been campaigning for D candidates that are often NOT ones the WH is favoring. Bill also spoke out unfavorably on O's handling of the oil spill. Amazingly, Bill has a high popularity rating (not sure what poll she was citing) than O does.

5) After the Nov. elections, especially if D's lose seats in both houses, she will start to really run the table as the candidate that can save the D party from disaster in 2012.

6) Basically there are many D's who are unhappy with O, and that leaves the door open for Hillary in 2012.

7) O has "appeased" Billy and Hillary with govt jobs ... but appeasement doesn't work in the long haul.

8) Hillary has not made protestations about the speculation that she will run for POTUS. She is letting the speculation grow.

Crowley also made a point that O really doesn't care much for the job of POTUS. Once he made the historical mark of the first black Pres, he's probably just as happy to get on with his life ... Lord knows he could end up being a Congressman again or, at least, make buckets of dough as a former Pres.

It was really a pretty fascinating piece ... and it will be interesting to see how this plays out after the Nov. elections when Crowley predicts H will start to make her moves.
    Last edited by Gerry Clinchy; 09-04-2010 at 09:19 PM.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Monica Crowley did a long piece on Hillary's plans for 2012.

She and Bill just spent a week hobnobbing with big $ in the Hamptons ... big $ Democratic contributors.

Crowley pointed out Hillary's Presidential aspirations in March 2009 ... and today's commentary could be very convincing. She pointed out a lot of interesting points:

1) Hillary will look like she is a "safe" alternative to Obama in 2012. She likely figures she has to make her move in 2012, because she will be perceived as too old in 2016.

2) She will play the "gender" card (first woman POTUS) in much the same way that Obama used the "race" card (first black POTUS). That would "excite" voters to vote for the first woman Pres as they were "excited" about the landmark of first black POTUS in 2008.

3) Hillary would follow the same route as O did ... making voters think she is "moderate" when she is really just as "left" as O. She still believes in socialized medicine & higher taxes, but she will not run on that

4) Monica noted a number of strategic moves on Hillary's part over the past 18 mos. H always wanted govt medical care, but she knows the people hate the thought, so you never heard H taking a big role in the health care hubbub. Her name was never mentioned in the Petraeus todo, even though her State Dept was also involved in the whole thing. Billy Boy has been campaigning for D candidates that are often NOT ones the WH is favoring. Bill also spoke out unfavorably on O's handling of the oil spill. Amazingly, Bill has a high popularity rating (not sure what poll she was citing) than O does.

5) After the Nov. elections, especially if D's lose seats in both houses, she will start to really run the table as the candidate that can save the D party from disaster in 2012.

6) Basically there are many D's who are unhappy with O, and that leaves the door open for Hillary in 2012.

7) O has "appeased" Billy and Hillary with govt jobs ... but appeasement doesn't work in the long haul.

8) Hillary has not made protestations about the speculation that she will run for POTUS. She is letting the speculation grow.

Crowley also made a point that O really doesn't care much for the job of POTUS. Once he made the historical mark of the first black Pres, he's probably just as happy to get on with his life ... Lord knows he could end up being a Congressman again or, at least, make buckets of dough as a former Pres.

It was really a pretty fascinating piece ... and it will be interesting to see how this plays out after the Nov. elections when Crowley predicts H will start to make her moves.
    Good observation.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

NY Times
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/05/wo...html?th&emc=th

Hillary & the Mid-East Peace Talks ... could make a President or dash her dreams.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com