The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FT History Trivia Part 2 (pics)

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    That top one is easy. That be Judy A and her bird boy with Honcho!
    Second photo Jackie M and Cotton?
    Wrong on both. The second photo is Judy Rasmuson with LuLu, FC AFC Valhaven Smoke'n Vindaloo FDHF (2/13/1986-10/14/1997), probably after LuLu's double header at the Maine trial.
    Jim Pickering

Quote Originally Posted by ErinsEdge View Post
    Didn't he die suddenly at the age of 4?
    He had a cardiac arrest at a field trial in Billings MT at age 6, sad, he was a wonderful dog Honcho X Belle of the Ball a Super Powder daughter, Jerry Wickliffe was the breeder

his call name was Dandy and we co-owned him with good friend and longtime field trialer Jim Leonard

the picture was taken by our own Bruce Loeffelholz

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    He had a cardiac arrest at a field trial in Billings MT at age 6, sad, he was a wonderful dog Honcho X Belle of the Ball a Super Powder daughter, Jerry Wickliffe was the breeder

his call name was Dandy and we co-owned him with good friend and longtime field trialer Jim Leonard

the picture was taken by our own Bruce Loeffelholz
    Nice looking dog. For some reason I thought Bruce ran him too.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

Dr. Ed,
    I have someone here that is quite knowledgeable and wanted to know if the picture is of the "Big Dipper" and the woman on the left is of course your 1st wife!!!! Can you guess whos' here. p.s. She's a hottie!!!! Lorri

Anyone going to spill who the 3rd pic is? Curious since my Little Man pup has a striking resemblance to him. Even my wife glanced over as I was looking at the thread and said, "wow, that dog looks just like Ace".

Curiousity regards,
    Rick Curtis ~ Currently in Ontario, CA by way of Spokane, WA and Northern CA.

Little Man Caught It On The River SH ~ "Ace"

Handlers Handle, Dogs Dog, Judges Judge

"If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart."
    ~Rex Carr

The 3rd picture is of Oscar Brewer and his FC-AFC that Dick Sampson trained with 82 derby points and was out of Hiwood Clincher and he had all his clearances and didn't get bred very much because Oscar didn't need the money. It's the "88 Canadian National Champion Hiwood Piper Pacer's Pic. He had 70 open points and 13 amateur points. Lorri, ghost writer

Quote Originally Posted by Lorri View Post
    Dr. Ed,
    I have someone here that is quite knowledgeable and wanted to know if the picture is of the "Big Dipper" and the woman on the left is of course your 1st wife!!!! Can you guess whos' here. p.s. She's a hottie!!!! Lorri
    I will guess....are you sitting next to Delma Hazzard....at least she was when I was a young man..I know I just showed my age...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I will guess....are you sitting next to Delma Hazzard....at least she was when I was a young man..I know I just showed my age...
    I concur. I have never met the lady, but I have all the Performance Books and RFTNs and have seen the pictures. Very pretty lady.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Quote Originally Posted by AmiableLabs View Post
    I concur. I have never met the lady, but I have all the Performance Books and RFTNs and have seen the pictures. Very pretty lady.
    Delma was a southern darling with ice water in her veins and with a hitmans heart..she could play with the guys because she came two a trial with two magnum bullets in Doc and Snake..Funny how she always had guys tripping over themselves volunteering to help her train...she didnt need them except as an extra bird boy...Rex Carr taught her well
    Last edited by BonMallari; 02-21-2010 at 05:13 PM. Reason: verbage
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Thank you Lorri!
    Rick Curtis ~ Currently in Ontario, CA by way of Spokane, WA and Northern CA.

Little Man Caught It On The River SH ~ "Ace"

Handlers Handle, Dogs Dog, Judges Judge

"If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart."
    ~Rex Carr