The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 124

Thread: Time To Legalize it?

  1. #41
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,657

    Default

    Not attacking Ducknwood but your assessment is way off base.

    It is the Taboo factor that attracts some teens to pot. If decriminalized or legalized, the mystic would be gone.

    Todays teens prefer liquor because the smoking of anything, being tobacco or pot is not cool.

    If a 21 year old can buy beer or booze than they certainly should have the right to buy pot.

    But, my biggest concern is for the ailing that are forced on to perscription drugs with thier harsh and dangerous side effects when all they want is a simple herb that makes them feel much better, cost less and is much safer for them.

    P S That forklift driver is going to be a heck of a lot more dangerous under the influence of booze, so maybe we should make that illegal. Besides, if the forklift driver were stoned, he would be driving it so slowly that everyone would have more then ample time to get out of the way!
    Last edited by Franco; 02-24-2010 at 03:05 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Hmmmm....
    Smoking cigarettes is legal.
    I have no urge to run out and buy a pack of Marlboros just because I can.
    I don't know how anyone can look at the havoc that alcohol reaps on society, then think maryjane is a bad thing! Plus, its all natural, so it can't be bad, right?
    Isn't alcohol naturally occurring? Yeast eat sugar, and what comes out the other end?

    I don't like to think about that when I'm in the middle of a glass of nice wine.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    3,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Not attacking Ducknwood but your assessment is way off base.

    It is the Taboo factor that attracts some teens to pot. If decriminalized or legalized, the mystic would be gone.

    Todays teens prefer liquor because the smoking of anything, being tobacco or pot is not cool.

    If a 21 year old can buy beer or booze than they certainly should have the right to buy pot.

    But, my biggest concern is for the ailing that are forced on to perscription drugs with thier harsh and dangerous side effects when all they want is a simple herb that makes them feel much better, cost less and is much safer for them.
    In WA, pot is a prescription drug. The state does issue "growers licenses" and those individuals can grow and sell it.

    Those who use it medicinally might smoke it but often put it in foods (yes, including brownies ) but they also make a butter out of it.

    WRL

  4. #44
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Isn't alcohol naturally occurring? Yeast eat sugar, and what comes out the other end?

    I don't like to think about that when I'm in the middle of a glass of nice wine.
    yeah, I was just pokin' fun at the folks who always proclaim "its all natural"!

    So is lightening, tornadoes, and great white sharks! I prefer a glass of wine too.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  5. #45
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    In WA, pot is a prescription drug. The state does issue "growers licenses" and those individuals can grow and sell it.

    Those who use it medicinally might smoke it but often put it in foods (yes, including brownies ) but they also make a butter out of it.

    WRL
    I understand that there are 10 states that are on the verge of making medical MJ legal. However, none are in the bible belt (deep south). Too much hysteria and false impressions to make it happen down here anytime soon.

    I guess down here, we would rather those that could benefit from it suffer instead. All the while making them take synthetic drugs with side effects so sever that many would rather be dead.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Actually there are no liscenses to grow pot in washington to sell to others. You can get your mmj card like I have. You give the pot to other med patients and if they want to make a donation to the provider they can.

    I grow, for myself and a few others. It is NOT EASY MONEY like people think it is. I have to be on top of everything in my grow area. I have to know botany like I know my parents. I can get a host of problems overnite if I dont watch them like a hawk. I nearly lost a crop in Janurary because I was in the hospital for my second liver resection. I am a stage 4 colon cancer patient going into my second year of Chemo soon.

    I do smoke everyday after work, I harm no one. There has never ever been a documented case of a death caused by MJ.

    I am for decriminalization totally, But I do not want legalization and have it sold in liquor stores, no quality control.

    I don't trust the state to buy or grow their own to sell in liquor stores, to0 much liability there too.

    I believe in dispensaries for mmj users here, Oregon is going to be voting on them this fall, and WA State is gathering signatures for ballot this fall. Our Govenor is raising taxes to coveer a budget shortfall. There is a solution in front of her face but she wont go behind the feds to legalize it. But the 10th ammendment to the constitution gives states the right to govern themselves. It is said here that having dispensaries here in WA state would generate over 300 million dollars for the state coffers.

    A great read for anyone is by Jack Herer called "The emperor wears no clothes" Also the MSNBC channel is a show called "Marijuana INC" They show it pretty regularly, another is called "Union and the business behind getting high", and "Super High Me" You can rent the latter of the two on Netflix.

    The fastest growing segment of pot smokers are now the children of the 60's, If you are a pot smoker or a cannabis consumer like myself, toke on.
    12buzz.com

  7. #47
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes a great notion View Post
    Actually there are no liscenses to grow pot in washington to sell to others. You can get your mmj card like I have. You give the pot to other med patients and if they want to make a donation to the provider they can.

    I grow, for myself and a few others. It is NOT EASY MONEY like people think it is. I have to be on top of everything in my grow area. I have to know botany like I know my parents. I can get a host of problems overnite if I dont watch them like a hawk. I nearly lost a crop in Janurary because I was in the hospital for my second liver resection. I am a stage 4 colon cancer patient going into my second year of Chemo soon.

    I do smoke everyday after work, I harm no one. There has never ever been a documented case of a death caused by MJ.

    I am for decriminalization totally, But I do not want legalization and have it sold in liquor stores, no quality control.

    I don't trust the state to buy or grow their own to sell in liquor stores, to0 much liability there too.

    I believe in dispensaries for mmj users here, Oregon is going to be voting on them this fall, and WA State is gathering signatures for ballot this fall. Our Govenor is raising taxes to coveer a budget shortfall. There is a solution in front of her face but she wont go behind the feds to legalize it. But the 10th ammendment to the constitution gives states the right to govern themselves. It is said here that having dispensaries here in WA state would generate over 300 million dollars for the state coffers.

    A great read for anyone is by Jack Herer called "The emperor wears no clothes" Also the MSNBC channel is a show called "Marijuana INC" They show it pretty regularly, another is called "Union and the business behind getting high", and "Super High Me" You can rent the latter of the two on Netflix.

    The fastest growing segment of pot smokers are now the children of the 60's, If you are a pot smoker or a cannabis consumer like myself, toke on.
    That is one brave post and no greater truth has been spoken on this thread! It is people like you that will eventually get through a few thick skulls. In the meantime, thousands will suffer because of bad laws.

    Hang in there and fire it up if that makes you feel human.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    162

    Default

    I have logged about 5000 hours on this subject and I have not even hit the tip of the ice berg.

    Big Pharma is so opposed to the legalization it makes my head spin. I, myself can only take natural pain meds like morphine, I take anything else and the vomiting and the nausea starts with in minutes. My last round of chemo was so bad even with smoke that I ended up with a bulging hernia. That was repaired during the liver op.
    It's funny that the only legal pot farm is in Mississppi.

    My boyfriend is now one month free of alcohol, he has lost weight, and he is sleeping much better and his blood pressure has gone down 40 points due to toking everynight after work.
    He is less aggitated at people at work and his general well being is so much better now.

    I really dont want the state to get involved in pot sales at all. Would they grow it themselves or would they buy from suppliers?

    I know that if I go into a liquor store and buy a zip of OG KUSH or white widow am I really getting that strain or is the state just saying that just to make a sale. How do I know if it is not laced with something like glass, There is a problem with that in the UK. Is the state going to have technicians test every single bud for foreign material? Dont think so.

    I know that If I became a provider to a dispensary, and provide high quality with good thc levels and CBD percentages are way up there on a consistant basis, I could quit my job and hire 10 people with full benefits.

    You want to learn more? go to rollitup.org

    and drug dealers are not usually found in the back alleys, and it may be more than 10 dollars a gram which comes out to about 280 dollars a zip for regs, and if you want to go up to mmj its gonna cost you about 300 to 450 a zip depending on the strain. OG Kush is 425 a zip and that is if its grown hydro.

    The work on trimming and manicuring is a very long and tedious job, It will take me about 4 hours to do one plant and maybe get 2-3 ounces. Take in my electricity bill, my water and my supplies that I need every month, I need to dump a lot onto the market to cover my costs and make a bit to pay myself for my time.
    Last edited by sometimes a great notion; 02-24-2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: to add
    12buzz.com

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Harris NY
    Posts
    625

    Default

    Where do all the illegal weed dealers go once it becomes legal and regulated. The ones I know are not real big on rules and structure and stuff.. But I suppose once it becomes legal they'll all will rent a store front , hang a shingle, do some advertising on a local radio station to build their business and pay the appropriate taxes.... Ducknwork has got it right. The problems may change but will persist and likely increase... but hey if there is $$$ in it for the government, nothing is out of the question.

    Danny

  10. #50
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DSO View Post
    Where do all the illegal weed dealers go once it becomes legal and regulated.

    Danny
    How did prohibition work out? Where did all the moonshiners go? Oh yeah, they formed NASCAR and are millionaires making money off beer drinkers!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •