The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: dog trainer life GDG

Default dog trainer life GDG

For the love of dogs, horses and kids shared by my husband (now over to dark side of Pointer FT). Whatever your venue, life is good when you're in the field with your dogs.

http://youtu.be/OqbOHvBx-5k

Martha, the lab crew and a few bird dogs.

Way too funny!!!!!!!!
    Sue
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

See you at the house! (As the horse is crow hopping off with him) haha...Sounds like my buddies and I as we watch each other on colts! good stuff

After many years training retrievers, my husband is still learning bird dog world. He recently purchased a new horse which is young. This Spring he got off the horse to give the dog water and forgot the horse was not "ground tied". The horse took off and so did the dog . We recently placed our nearly 30 year old TWH in a retirement home (still judge's dog for pointing dog hunt tests). He was the only horse I trust to ride (especially after watching this black horse
    -Martha Veatch

Lab crew from KY Breeze and Wilson

I have decided that once retirement hit's my older dog, i will be getting a setter. Hunting over a pointing dog is a whole other ball game and rather enjoy it. My two buddies run cover dog and FT. Not sure if I want to do horseback though.

I went the good way, after 20 yrs training pointing dogs I now train retrievers and could care less to ever see the back end of a bird dog again. I do miss the TWH's a little every now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
    After many years training retrievers, my husband is still learning bird dog world. He recently purchased a new horse which is young. This Spring he got off the horse to give the dog water and forgot the horse was not "ground tied". The horse took off and so did the dog . We recently placed our nearly 30 year old TWH in a retirement home (still judge's dog for pointing dog hunt tests). He was the only horse I trust to ride (especially after watching this black horse