The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Al Gore is Gone Gone

[QUOTE=Pete;575308]
    I have very little trust in most science now a days because most of it is driven by money. And money corrupts.
    Yesterday coffee will kill you ,,today it prevents cancer,,and tommarro it will be the major factor in global climate change.
    p
    What you say is so true, and at the center of much of our problems. You can pick any dastardly aspect of modern existence, and with a little searching, you can find studies that will praise it's virtues. You're right. It's driven by money. Do you have any idea how much money the fast-food industry spent on lobbyists to get french fries listed as a vegetable serving? Or how much the snack food industry spent to get the health claims of olestra out in the public forum? Or that Coca-cola is currently lobbying to get the anti-oxidant anti-cancer benefits of soft-drinks touted by the FDA?

The two common threads here are 1) money corrupts, and 2) big corporations and other profiteers are behind the corruption of science.

If CNN reports that coffee prevents cancer, you can bet the effort was funded by Folgers and Maxwell House. If it reverts to causing global warming, you can bet Lipton Tea funded that effort!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    He can write an article to further line his pockets but is unavailable (I mean too busy) to answer questions from the Senate.
    I can think of nothing that would entice any sane person to accept an invitation from Senator Inhofe. Beyond that, there is no value to pretending that science can be discussed intelligently in the context of a Senate hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Henry,
    Your facts are useless. Global climate change deals in terms of tens of thousands of years. And we all know the Earth is only 6ooo years old! That PROVES the scientific data and, ice cores, and fossil record are all hoaxes.

You're wasting your time. These are the same people who just got clobbered right between the eyes with 8 years of republican policy, are just regaining consciousness, staggering around muttering, "its all Obama's fault..."

People (sheeple) will see what they WANT to see. Believe what they WANT to believe, and discredit anything that stands in their way. Its more predictable than the sun rising in the east.

Don't you just love it when an avowed "INDEPENDANT" slips from the middle of the road, and falls in the ditch on the left side?

How much longer do you think it will take for everyone to buy into your position? NOT believe what YOU believe in, just buy into your position as an "independant".

But you have to be pissed by the inability of the Obamaites, Pelositistas, and the Dingyharrymongers not passing that so-called healthcare bill. You coulda been on easy street...another 'gubmint employee'. They coulda counted you among the millions of 'new' jobs the messiah is creating.

Hang in there. Your 'independance' will soon be over. When the obsequious pathetic succeed in making an oligarchy out of a republic, you can rejoice in your part of the proceedure...your servility will be recognized.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I can think of nothing that would entice any sane person to accept an invitation from Senator Inhofe. Beyond that, there is no value to pretending that science can be discussed intelligently in the context of a Senate hearing.
    Anything for that matter.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    You coulda been on easy street...another 'gubmint employee'.

UB
    Methinks he already is
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    But you have to be pissed by the inability of the Obamaites, Pelositistas, and the Dingyharrymongers not passing that so-called healthcare bill. You coulda been on easy street...another 'gubmint employee'. They coulda counted you among the millions of 'new' jobs the messiah is creating.

UB
    FYI, I was a gubmint employee in the Army, making far less than i do in the private sector.

Anyone who thinks that the health bill plan will put doctors on "easy street" has just shown their TOTAL LACK OF ANY INTELLIGENT UNDERSTANDING of the health care situation. Thankyou very much for baring your ignorance. It will save me the trouble of responding more than I have!

M&K: yathinks wrong! I'm an employed physician working for the second largest international corporation in Pittsburgh, who just closed a much needed community hospital because it wasn't profitable enough or didn't fit their corporate model. Hope you or UB don't depend on a similar hospital that's in jeopardy. Otherwise, you may be wishing corporations weren't in charge of health care. I'll be just fine, wondering why I care, when I'm ok. Hey, I'm starting to sound more like a republican.....I got mine, screw those who don't! Unfortunately, I can't maintain that attitude. I see my grandparents at 90, and thier fellow "greatest generation" cohorts, who are all FDR democrats, who handed us this country and all it's bounty, only to see Reagan/Bush/Clinton unravel it all, and they deserve better than that attitude of "me me me".
    Last edited by dnf777; 02-28-2010 at 12:06 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    First we must have faith that the earth is truly in a long-term global warming trend, not just one of its natural short-term climate changes;

Second, we must have faith that the rise in CO2 levels is the cause;

Third, we must have faith that man has caused these disruptions of normal trends.

Only if all 3 are accurate can we have faith that we can actually impact the trend.

In the end, it all boils down to what people can afford. Oil increased in price, so people resorted to more heat pumps (electric), wood stoves, coal stoves, pellet stoves. Most could not afford changing to wind power or geothermal solutions. Even the solar solutions available for residential use are expensive.

I'm all for finding ways to make us less dependent on fossil fuels. I see no disadvantage to switching over to renewable energy forms. Home heating and cooling should be first as those uses do not require "portability" (as would be needed for motor vehicles).

Govt has had many years (since Carter) to implement methods of making the US less dependent on fossil fuel. Millions of dollars (hundreds of millions?) spent on an agency that was supposed to do that. What have they accomplished? What faith can we place govt to do any better with managing global climate change?
    Good Post!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Most thinking Americans know what globalwarmingclimatechange is all about. It's nothing more than leftistliberalpinkocommie twaddle used as an excuse to tax the crap out of the middle class. Like everything else this leftist government does...global warming legislation is all about taxes. They're taxing the very air you breath because some lying scientist at East Anglia University fabricated a bunch of phony information about what we're doing to poor ol' mother earth and the polar bears. Boo-freaking-hoo! The greatest hoax in the history of mankind.

It's all about higher and higher taxes so government can control your life and take your money and you leftists know it! So quit trying to impress the rest of us with phony knowledge and fake concern and keep your green and greasy hands out of my wallet.

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street
    If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
    If you get too cold, I'll tax the heat
    If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet
    Taxman!
    And you're working for no one but me.

We live in Cuba now.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Most thinking Americans know what globalwarmingclimatechange is all about. It's nothing more than leftistliberalpinkocommie twaddle used as an excuse to tax the crap out of the middle class. Like everything else this leftist government does...global warming legislation is all about taxes. They're taxing the very air you breath because some lying scientist at East Anglia University fabricated a bunch of phony information about what we're doing to poor ol' mother earth and the polar bears. Boo-freaking-hoo! The greatest hoax in the history of mankind.

It's all about higher and higher taxes so government can control your life and take your money and you leftists know it! So quit trying to impress the rest of us with phony knowledge and fake concern and keep your green and greasy hands out of my wallet.

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street
    If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
    If you get too cold, I'll tax the heat
    If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet
    Taxman!
    And you're working for no one but me.

We live in Cuba now.

What Marvin said...Good Post!

UB

And then the very "independant" DNF typed:

"I'm an employed physician working for the second largest international corporation in Pittsburgh, who just closed a much needed community hospital because it wasn't profitable enough or didn't fit their corporate model. Hope you or UB don't depend on a similar hospital that's in jeopardy...."

HMMM, makes me wonder how well they could have done if they didn't have the feds to contend with????

UB