The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Al Gore is Gone Gone

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    And, if you notice, I say that I do not accept Gore as an authority for just that reason. That said, he has spent a lot more time studying the issues that Booker who is a johnny come lately on issues of the environment.
    I think he has spent more time studying the angles than the issues.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

How in the H--L did climate change ever become a Lib vs. Con. battle?
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Because when you suck hole to the religious right, science becomes the enemy.

when the libs hitched their view of being for the environment exclusivly to the man caused global warming band wagon.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Great. So here we have an article written by Christopher Booker with the headline:
    A perfect storm is brewing for the IPCC

The emerging errors of the IPCC's 2007 report are not incidental but fundamental, says Christopher Booker

So who is Christopher Booker? Born in 1937, Booker did an undergraduate degree in history with no subsequent educational experience. His first job was as a joke writer and went on to more difficult assignments as Jazz critic, puzzle writer, and satirist. His forays into scientific areas have been more recent. In addition to his breathtaking journalistic investigations of global warming (where he claims to have written the skeptics' handbook), Booker is also known for his "scientific" conclusion that asbestos is not harmful and that there is no risk at all associated with second hand smoke.
    It isn't scientific research, it is an expose' article. You know, an article that exposes corruption and lays out a step-by-step case, or points out significant irregularities and absurdities, virtually all have been proven and are not up for debate really. This is “settled corruption.”
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Apparently Vice-President Gore is back.

see http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/28/op...28gore.html?hp

or a summary at: http://www.climatesciencewatch.org/i...k_times_op-ed/

also, a great article at: http://www.climatesciencewatch.org/i...nce_community/

and a great running series of articles on the global warming denial machine at: http://www.climatesciencewatch.org/index.php/csw/C25/
    Last edited by Henry V; 02-28-2010 at 11:31 PM.

Henry V

That left wing organization might want to paint the picture of being persecuted for being a climate scientist, but they are less than honest. They are and should be persecuted and prosecuted for dishonesty.

If this science was worthy of its place in the scientific community as a science, its leading experts wouldn’t have had he need to fudge data (the Mann hockey stick), actually hiding data, would have been more open with their research and clearly wouldn’t have needed to present wild and outlandish claims such as the oceans will rise and drown Florida. The issue itself should have been able to stand on its own. Their need and desire to present a picture of disaster to advance their agendas instead of just presenting the honest results of their scientific research is criminal.

subroc

Article [I.]
    Article [II.]

When global warming became just another means to redistribute wealth from the haves to the have-nots.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    When global warming became just another means to redistribute wealth from the haves to the have-nots.
    How does it even do that? By speeding up the switch away from fossil fuels? You know the thing that is finite and is gonna have to be replaced relatively soon anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    M&K: yathinks wrong! I'm an employed physician working for the second largest international corporation in Pittsburgh, who just closed a much needed community hospital because it wasn't profitable enough or didn't fit their corporate model. Hope you or UB don't depend on a similar hospital that's in jeopardy. Otherwise, you may be wishing corporations weren't in charge of health care.
    Are you talking about UPMC Braddock that closed last month? Probably not, because UPMC Braddock doesn't come close to fitting what you described above:

Admissions at the struggling hospital have “declined significantly in the past several years,” according to a statement by UPMC. Between 2004 and 2007, admissions fell by more than 21 percent and were projected to decline further next year. In addition, four out of five Braddock area residents have been going to facilities other than UPMC Braddock for inpatient care.

The average daily census at the 123-bed hospital has been 51, much less than what’s needed for financial viability, Wood said, but all of the hospital’s key outpatient programs will continue. http://pittsburgh.bizjournals.com/pi...2/daily39.html
    "Much needed," eh? And it wasn't that they weren't profitable enough...they weren't profitable at all.

"UPMC acquired Braddock Medical Center in 1996 and invested more than $60 million into the facility. Despite the investments and a number of outreach and marketing initiatives, UPMC has absorbed nearly $27 million in operating losses over the past six years and projects to lose another $50 million during the next five to six years."
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.