RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Two way radios

7K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  Sabireley 
#1 ·
What brand of two way radios do you like? Had a set of Motorolas that gave very good service but they are shot and need to be replaced. Also where is a good place to buy the radios?

#4 ·
I have a set of the motorolas, bought at academy sports. Great radios. I also got a set of uniden radios at bass pro shop that are submersible and float for whoever is in or around the water. They seem to work well, but I've only had them since Christmas. Since my kids are my birdboys I feel good giving them the wterproof submersible radios when they are by the water. The radios all talk to each other so we have 4 radios. One for me and one for each gun in the field. I don't know how we did it before we had the radios. Also get the yellow ones. You can find them if someone drops one in the field.

#5 ·
Also get the yellow ones. You can find them if someone drops one in the field.
Yeah, don't buy camo radios! I have paint parts of mine blaze orange and added blaze orange duct tape which can be found at Ace Hardware. In fact I try to get everything in blaze orange.

#10 · (Edited)
#14 ·
Any recommendation on a water proof one. I have the set of motorolas minus one that fell out of my pocket into the water while setting up a test. I was surprised it died with only 3 seconds under water.

Ahh saw it on the second link .... nice.

#15 ·
#18 ·
FWIW, after Angie (I think it was) posted in the product review forum a while back about the Midlands, I got a pair and tried them. Since then I have been replacing my Motorolas with the Midlands. Not that I had any problems with the Motos but the Midlands are clearer, seem to have better battery life and have a longer range.

#19 ·
X 2 for Midlands, good price from amazon.com, Motorolas are now in storage for emergency use only

my Motorolas for field trial use

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.