The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are they worth listening too?

Default Are they worth listening too?

I seldom post on POTUS much less start a thread but I was just listening, about 10 minutes worth, to a national radio host and it made me question something.

Out of these host Rush, Glen B, Keith O, or Howard Stern are any of them actually worth your time to listen to? Personally they are all just shock jocks making a buck.

Sorry rant is over.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

I will listen to three of the four for entertainment purposes, but you couldnt have picked more polar opposites than those four...as with most other indulgences in this world, a little of something is good, too much of it and its sickening
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

If I get an opportunity, I will "occasionally" listen to Rush.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

They are entertainers, pure and simple. Their airtime is paid for by advertisers who wish to target the audiences that tune in to hear what they want to hear.
    Driving to work I listen to both the conservative and progressive local AM.
    Driving home I listen to the local talk jock. Long trips I check out audio books from the library.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I will listen to three of the four for entertainment purposes, but you couldnt have picked more polar opposites than those four...as with most other indulgences in this world, a little of something is good, too much of it and its sickening
    Yes that was my purpose to choose polar opposites. The older I get the more I like talk radio but I think I'll limit mine to NPR, I hope thats right, and ESPN.

I find it hard to believe that people actually believe any of the drivel that spews from those radicals mouths. To me it doesn't matter if you lean left or right it should be insulting to your intelligence to believe what any of them say.OK so the rant went a little further.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

everything gets run through the bull$hit filter although I tend to agree with many conservative positions.

I currently listen to local sports radio more than anything else.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    I think I'll limit mine to NPR,
    Many Sunday nights driving home from HT's or training, I find myself tuning in NPR's "Car Talk" with click and clack, the tappit brothers. IMO that's what talk radio should be...
    Then when that's over, "she who must be obeyed", makes me endure the Irish music program that follows...

Timing is everything regards,

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Yes that was my purpose to choose polar opposites. The older I get the more I like talk radio but I think I'll limit mine to NPR, I hope thats right, and ESPN.

I find it hard to believe that people actually believe any of the drivel that spews from those radicals mouths. To me it doesn't matter if you lean left or right it should be insulting to your intelligence to believe what any of them say.OK so the rant went a little further.
    Amen Brother! You said it all!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Leaving the conservative principles for 'progressivism", are you Tim?

Or were you never in the conservative camp?

Until you hear NPR pushing global warming, or gun control, or animal rights and far out conservationists, you might find it to be your cup of tea. I used to listen also, until they started programming Bill Moyer. That's like listening to Bill Ayers on steroids.

Keep listening to Stern. He won't be there very much longer. That entire satellite operation is going under pretty soon, so catch him while you can.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

If you asked most of the 'libs' on this forum, every one of the rest of us listens to Rush and Beck religiously.

Personally, I choose to listen to something that I can learn from or it can benefit my life-Dave Ramsey. Other than that, I am listening to the local classic rock station. On the way to going hunting, I always try to catch Coast to Coast AM...those nutjobs will keep you awake in the truck at 3 am...