Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comeuppance Part II

Default Comeuppance Part II

Rangel resigns as Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35678683...s-capitol_hill

It's about time...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Banned

this just isnt right. Pelosi has been telling us over and over that this is the most ethical congress ever.

dont any of you believe her??

Cheats like Rangel should have to serve time in jail, at least one year. We keep slapping thier hands and taking away thier Chairmanship, big deal! Lets take a way thier Pensions, VIP Health Insurance and make them resign thier seat and not just give up thier chair.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Just wait, the Congressiona Black Caucus with Sharpton and Jackson chiming in will start playing the race card.

But it's just business as usual in D.C. While Congress was censoring Rangel, another D.C. politician was also censored and stripped of his committee chair positions: Hizzoner Marion Barry. The D.C. City Council unanimously voted yesterday to censor him and remove him as chair from the Housing Committee and as a member of the Financial Committee. Guess there's too much stim'lis moneys that might tempt him in those positions.

Hizzoner, more famous for being re-elected as D.C. Mayor after being convicted of smoking crack with a whore ("Bitch set me up!") has been regularly re-elected to represent D.C.'s 8th Ward on City Council. Last summer, he was arrested for stalking a girlfriend in a city park on July 4th. It seems this girlfriend was awarded city government contracts including kickbacks for Hizzoner that are being scrutinized by the U.S. Attorney's Office for possible criminal prosecution.

I watched him in an interview on the local news this morning and am simply amazed he thinks he can talk his way out of all his criminal mischief. You can barely even understand his babble either (other than the liberal rallying cry, "That's RACIST!" because he has no teeth left, he's drunk or high on crack or all three. But as bad as he is with the spoken word, just check this out:

Tuesday's special session marked the first time the D.C. Council took action against another councilmember.
    Barry is accused of giving his former girlfriend a government contract and then accepting a kickback.
    Barry - who recused himself from the votes - said the independent report by former federal prosecutor Bob Bennett was "inflammatory, accusatory and draws conclusions without fact."
    "The Bennett report reduces Marion Barry to a Southeast hustler," Barry told the Council.
    Let's see, you get convicted of smoking crack, shrugged off more DWIs than a dog has fleas, cavort with whores, get arrested for stalking and then give city contracts to your girlfriends with kickbacks and you're not a hustler?

Prior to the vote, the former D.C. mayor spoke for 16 minutes to plead his case.
    "After 31 years of being squeaky clean, why would I do this for a few thousand dollars?" Barry said. "I have a long history of great integrity. This Council knows my character."
    He told the Council he should not be censured and said he was being "singled out unfairly." "If you do this, you ignored justice. You ignored fairness," Barry said.

"I didn't do nuffin, this is RACIST!"

I guess if you're a politician squeaky clean has a different definition, because he's absolutely not what I'd call squeaky clean in any way, shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Cheats like Rangel should have to serve time in jail, at least one year. We keep slapping thier hands and taking away thier Chairmanship, big deal! Lets take a way thier Pensions, VIP Health Insurance and make them resign thier seat and not just give up thier chair.
    How about David Vitter, Tom DeLay, and Larry Craig? Yes, if Rangel broke the law, he should serve time. So should anyone else, no matter the party affiliation! And if they disgrace themselves, they should step down, even though it's not the law. ie Eliot Spitzer, John Edwards. I see where Rev. Haggard is now claiming to be de-gayified, and has for profit workshops to help other gays!?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    How about David Vitter, Tom DeLay, and Larry Craig? Yes, if Rangel broke the law, he should serve time. So should anyone else, no matter the party affiliation! And if they disgrace themselves, they should step down, even though it's not the law. ie Eliot Spitzer, John Edwards. I see where Rev. Haggard is now claiming to be de-gayified, and has for profit workshops to help other gays!?

What the hell is with you??? Nothing ever stands on it's own? Nobody ever needs to be responsible in your eyes? It all must be 'comparative'?

As a child, were you the one that always said, "But Tommy did it first."...or "how come you aren't spanking Judy...she did it too."

Did you always play the 'it-was-the-other-guy-too' card? Anything to lesson the blame or responsibility! And yet you try to tell everyone you are an independant. You don't even come close.

Hey!..if it whines like a lib, and snivels and tattles like a lib...why not fess up to it? Your in the same category as Olberman. He thinks he's an unbiased newsman. He tells himself that often enough, he actually believes it. Same for Matthews, and Maddow.

How can you expect us to take you seriously, when you continue to pretend to be something you aren't?

As you constantly make excuses for and fawn over every lefty in the legislature, while always bringing up the faults of the minority party and how unfair everthing is because they didn't get reprimanded as much as your guys did, it's difficult to believe your just an independant observer.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Big difference between taking bribes as in Rangel's case and visiting a hooker in Vitter's case. Vitter wasn't selling out those that voted for him. He may have disappointed some but, he wasn't taking money at the expense of those that voted for him. Besides, as a boarderline Libertarian, I'm hoping Stormy Daniels runs against Vitter. I don't have that much info on Delay other than he went to trail for Campaign finance fraud. If he was found guilty then he should serve time behind bars. And, if Larry Craig was found guilty of stalking men in men's rooms at airports, then a mental hospital may be more appropriate.

The point is, Elected Officials are NOT above the law. If they break the law then they should do the time and not get a tap on the wrist.
    Last edited by Franco; 03-03-2010 at 04:58 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

"He started it!!!!"

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

And let's not forget that Rangel is a tax cheat, that when caught claimed he "didn't understand" the mistake where he grossly under reported his own income. Not that being a tax cheat is a uniquely Democrat foible (although there sure seem to be a lot of them in this administration) but Rangel chairs the House committee that writes the damn tax laws! And yet he tried to claim he didn't understand the code? That's rich.

If anyone else--Ways & Means chair or not--has tried to tell the IRS they're sorry they didn't pay what they owed because they didn't understand, let me know how it worked out for you. Lock his ass up!
    Last edited by Julie R.; 03-03-2010 at 05:31 PM.