The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got any good gargle?

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    .... Maybe you can give me a synopsis of the video, Henry. And could you throw in a graph or a chart while you're at it? It's just not news without a graph or chart, right?
    Thanks for this suggestion. It gave me a chance to watch the video again and, I gotta tell you, it gets better every time I watch it. The man and his writers are pure genius, but then again there is so much material to work with from FOX news.

Here is a synopsis.
    0:00 to 5:50 minutes -show introduction, brief bit on Sarah Palin’s appearance the tonight show, that leads directly into an evisceration of the notion that FOX news is “fair and balanced” complete with numerous examples as they relate to the health care debate.

5:45 – Interviewed women is quoted “don’t jam this monster down our throats”

6:25 – Stewart poses the question “Where have I heard this phrase before”

6:30 to 6:46 - Presents a series of video clips from FOX of Hannity, Beck, Sarah Palin, morning guy, O’Reilly, Hannity again, and then Carl Rove all using some form of the phrase “cram it down our throats”. (and you were trying to make some point about "talking points", right?)

6:47 to 7:47 – Back to more discussion and examples of the ludicrous notion that FOX is “fair and balanced”

7:48 – Stewart raises question of “exactly what is this show balancing out” and has a great example.

8:39 to 9:15 – raises question about where is the supposed FOX news balance with more examples including why no one from the AMA was interviewed.

9:15 to end – directly refutes the health care polling statistics repeated over and over again by FOX news and then shows the blatant hypocrisy of Megyn Kelly about the value of polls.

Let's see, you don't like charts that directly present facts and now you seem to have a problem with videos that provide evidence that does not support your point of view. I guess I'll have to learn to get into these discussions with nothing to support my point of view except convoluted logic and a magic 8 ball. It is good that there are plenty of folks to learn from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Let's see, you don't like charts that directly present facts and now you seem to have a problem with videos that provide evidence that does not support your point of view. I guess I'll have to learn to get into these discussions with nothing to support my point of view except convoluted logic and a magic 8 ball. It is good that there are plenty of folks to learn from here.
    Henry, I have written instructional material on basic electricity, and interacting with the students, I can tell you that the average man on the street has difficulty with reading charts and graphs. Maybe that's the problem with all the charts and graphs that you dig up?

I can tell you however, the majority of them do better with video than they do with the written word, so the difficulty with video truly surprises me.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Thanks for this suggestion. It gave me a chance to watch the video again and, I gotta tell you, it gets better every time I watch it. The man and his writers are pure genius, but then again there is so much material to work with from FOX news.

Here is a synopsis.
    0:00 to 5:50 minutes -show introduction, brief bit on Sarah Palin’s appearance the tonight show, that leads directly into an evisceration of the notion that FOX news is “fair and balanced” complete with numerous examples as they relate to the health care debate.

5:45 – Interviewed women is quoted “don’t jam this monster down our throats”

6:25 – Stewart poses the question “Where have I heard this phrase before”

6:30 to 6:46 - Presents a series of video clips from FOX of Hannity, Beck, Sarah Palin, morning guy, O’Reilly, Hannity again, and then Carl Rove all using some form of the phrase “cram it down our throats”. (and you were trying to make some point about "talking points", right?)

6:47 to 7:47 – Back to more discussion and examples of the ludicrous notion that FOX is “fair and balanced”

7:48 – Stewart raises question of “exactly what is this show balancing out” and has a great example.

8:39 to 9:15 – raises question about where is the supposed FOX news balance with more examples including why no one from the AMA was interviewed.

9:15 to end – directly refutes the health care polling statistics repeated over and over again by FOX news and then shows the blatant hypocrisy of Megyn Kelly about the value of polls.

Cool. Thanks for the summary. Now I don't have to watch it. Now if I could ask you another question...would you mind telling me wtf a smarmy (just an educated guess) Jon Stewart video about Fox News has to do with me or what I wrote. Have you ever seen me quote a Fox News story? Have you ever seen me link a Fox News story? Have you seen me use the term "cram it down our throats?" Is the notion that nearly every significant Obama agenda initiative to-date (save healthcare) has sailed through Congress some revelation or a rightwing talking point? You could have posted the picture of the bunny with a pancake on its head and it probably would have been more germane to what I wrote ('cause I'm cute and I like pancakes) than that video.

EDIT: a la Emily Latella..."nevermind." Your initial comment was directed to UB; not me. My bad. It was early when I originally responded to you, Henry. I'm not usually wide awake and alert until after my second beer.
    Last edited by Hew; 03-05-2010 at 01:21 PM.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Cool. Thanks for the summary. Now I don't have to watch it.
    You're welcome. I always try to be helpful as time allows.

Now if I could ask you another question...would you mind telling me wtf a smarmy (just an educated guess) Jon Stewart video about Fox News has to do with me or what I wrote. .......
    I just responded to one specific issue that you raised, noted the irony that UB started this thread with a right wing talking point, and then I backed it up with FOX news video. That's all. I would expect you to do the same.