The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: America Rising Video

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    In fact, various surveys have shown The Daily Show to be the primary news sources for younger adults. Is that bad? The evidence suggests that it is not. An Indiana University study showed that The Daily Show contained as much news substance as any of the major network news broadcasts, and a Pew Research poll ranked Jon Stewart as one of the most admired news anchors in the country, tied with Brokaw, Brian Williams, Dan Rather, and Anderson Cooper. (See http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/17/ar...on/17kaku.html and http://newsinfo.iu.edu/web/page/normal/4159.html)
    And you think this is good? Jon Stewart by his own admission is a comedian, Brokaw has been retired for several years and Rather discredited. I'm really not very familar with the other two.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I was not pointing to any particular post but rather the volume of work.
    I think the volume of work is pretty darn good. I am amazed that Jeff has the tenacity to do the leg work he does to research material that supports his position, especially when he surely knows that his audience will just reject out of hand anything that conflicts with their ideology.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    In fact, various surveys have shown The Daily Show to be the primary news sources for younger adults.
    That is another fine example of the sad state of our country and the 'intelligence' of young adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I think the volume of work is pretty darn good. I am amazed that Jeff has the tenacity to do the leg work he does to research material that supports his position, especially when he surely knows that his audience will just reject out of hand anything that conflicts with their ideology.
    Yes he does and I respect him for that. He'll pull up research to support his view though I don't always agree with his view of the material.

For instance; I view our broken immigration enforcement as a contributor to the problems we face today. That blame goes all the way to the top of our government and our failure to enforce since Reagan. Most on the left have no problem with the massive illegal migration to the USA. Different values for different folks. I liked things they way they were and some want to change it all.
    Last edited by Franco; 03-05-2010 at 12:13 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Stewart is clearly a left leaning individual, but I'd figure you guys would almost have to like him. In the early years the show was 100% comedy but there has been a shift over the past few years. The majority of the content of The Daily Show looks at government (left and right) and exposes hypocrisy and stupidity in a comedic and often hyperbolic way.

I'm sure the majority on the right love Bill O'Reilly. Bill has said on his own show that he respects John Stewart and almost feels like he is the same kind of guy, just with some differing opinions. They've been on each others shows frequently and it's usually quite entertaining.

Sure he started off as a pure comedian, but that has really changed. Some of his end of the show interviewees (left and right guests) have found a formidable opponent who knows his crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Koolaid View Post
    S

I'm sure the majority on the right love Bill O'Reilly. Bill has said on his own show that he respects John Stewart and almost feels like he is the same kind of guy, just with some differing opinions. They've been on each others shows frequently and it's usually quite entertaining.
    Here are the unedited clips of Stewart on O'Reilly. I thought it was very interesting.

Clip 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icp0tAsl95s

Clip 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5EH-AAh6sU

Clip 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u28JVB380Mo

Clip 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPJICGwwvvc

Clip 5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUSbzCow04I

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Buzz; 03-05-2010 at 02:50 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

The only part I never liked about that interview was Bill defending Beck...I'd like to think he knows better.

DNF, Yardley's public defender. I didn't argue with his comments or questions. I only pointed out that he always pours out volumes of bullshit to differ with any opinion offered but when backed into a corner he (and you) disappear when you have no comeback. ...
    Since you make the claim, would you mind posting links to some of the threads where this has happened. I would like to revisit them and compare the presented facts on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Since you make the claim, would you mind posting links to some of the threads where this has happened. I would like to revisit them and compare the presented facts on both sides.
    There are no links to the times he disappears from a thread when his opinion is disputed. That is what I'm refering to.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

There are no links to the times he disappears from a thread when his opinion is disputed. That is what I'm refering to.
    If you are talking about me, I think it is is safe to say that my opinion is always disputed and that I normally respond pretty quickly and in detail (what you call my volumes of BS, where BS seems to be defined by the volume, not the quality of what is said). However, appearances to the contrary (since I work at a computer all day), I actually sometimes leave the computer behind. It may be for several hours or several days. I do remember once coming back from such an outing and finding that you had posted a couple of different messages many hours before asking why I wasn't responding. I don't remember if I posted anything, or went on to the next thread. If my facts are proven to be untrue, as HEW has done at least 1-2 times, I try to make a point of accepting the correction. If the retort seems better suited for the playground, I will generally ignore once the "heat of the moment" has passed.