The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: South Dakota House Passes HRC 1009!

Default South Dakota House Passes HRC 1009!

The South Dakota House of Representatives passed a resolution urging that instruction in the public schools be balanced between global warming advocates and skeptics. There is nothing shocking about that.

The shocking development in HRC 1009 is what the bill urges global warming instruction in the public schools should include:

That there are a variety of climatological, meteorological, astrological, thermological, cosmological, and ecological dynamics that can effect world weather phenomena and that the significance and interrelativity of these factors is largely speculative.
    Astrology: “the divination of the supposed influences of the stars and planets on human affairs and terrestrial events by their positions and aspects.”

Cosmology: “a branch of metaphysics that deals with the nature of the universe” or “a theory or doctrine describing the natural order of the universe” or “a branch of astronomy that deals with the origin, structure, and space-time relationships of the universe.”

Metaphysics is a branch of philosophy that investigates principles of reality transcending those of any particular science.

Thermology is a medical imaging technique in which an infrared camera is used to generate an image of the body or an area of interest. This technique is noninvasive, and requires no physical contact with the patient. It can be used as a diagnostic tool for a range of medical conditions and can be performed in a hospital, clinic, or doctor's office, as long as the facility has the necessary equipment.

How cool is that? My sister-in-law is in the SD Senate. I was relieved when she told me that she voted against the bill...

I guess this is what happens when a bunch of politicians that don't know shite about science, let alone the english language get involved.
    Last edited by Buzz; 03-05-2010 at 02:44 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Well, if those Islamic jihadists are going to lead their followers back to the 12th century to try to rekindle their crusade to conquer the west, we need to respond in kind. Maybe we can drive science all the way back to the birth of Jesus of Nazareth.

I like the wording of that sentence. It beats the phrase "man caused global warming is settled science"
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Gosh I missed one on my first read.

Is interrelativity a word????

I hope they do better with the language in bills that the state might have to defend in court!
    Last edited by Buzz; 03-05-2010 at 03:12 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

As Merriam Webster on-line says "The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above." No spelling suggestions are offered.....

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    As Merriam Webster on-line says "The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above." No spelling suggestions are offered.....

I need to dig out my copy of the Archie Bunker edition.

[quote=YardleyLabs;578388]

Maybe we can drive science all the way back to the birth of Jesus of Nazareth.

/quote]

Traveling south of the Mason Dixon is all the time-travel anyone needs! We're still debating the existence of dynasaurs.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

[quote=Franco;578407]
    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

Maybe we can drive science all the way back to the birth of Jesus of Nazareth.

/quote]

Traveling south of the Mason Dixon is all the time-travel anyone needs! We're still debating the existence of dynasaurs.
    I grew up in Oak Ridge, TN, 80 miles northeast of where the Scopes Trial was held to try John Scopes for the crime of teaching evolution in his high school class.

just watched a documentary on Oak Ridge
    Last edited by Cody Covey; 03-05-2010 at 03:51 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The South Dakota House of Representatives passed a resolution urging that instruction in the public schools be balanced between global warming advocates and skeptics. There is nothing shocking about that.

The shocking development in HRC 1009 is what the bill urges global warming instruction in the public schools should include:

Astrology: “the divination of the supposed influences of the stars and planets on human affairs and terrestrial events by their positions and aspects.”

Cosmology: “a branch of metaphysics that deals with the nature of the universe” or “a theory or doctrine describing the natural order of the universe” or “a branch of astronomy that deals with the origin, structure, and space-time relationships of the universe.”

Metaphysics is a branch of philosophy that investigates principles of reality transcending those of any particular science.

Thermology is a medical imaging technique in which an infrared camera is used to generate an image of the body or an area of interest. This technique is noninvasive, and requires no physical contact with the patient. It can be used as a diagnostic tool for a range of medical conditions and can be performed in a hospital, clinic, or doctor's office, as long as the facility has the necessary equipment.

How cool is that? My sister-in-law is in the SD Senate. I was relieved when she told me that she voted against the bill...

I guess this is what happens when a bunch of politicians that don't know shite about science, let alone the english language get involved.
    I wonder if those same intellectuals invested there money with this guy.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmem...rs.php?ref=fpa