The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Common Ground?

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    The E-Verify system provides an on-line system for employers to verify consistency of names and social security numbers. I can garooon-damn-Tee you that system is not 100% foolproof The I-9 process requires employers to physically verify ID, citizenship, SSN and visa documentation. High quality fakes for sale on any corner in Phoenix at bargain basement prices any day of the week However, this process is not supported by any on-line tools and it is very costly to verify how well employers have met their responsibilities. It seems to me that visa verification should be possible on-line. The difficulty is with citizenship verification since there is no equivalent to a national ID in the US. That is, as a citizen, there is no uniform standard that defines or documents citizenship for all citizens. The Real ID act attempts to define national standards for driver licenses that makes these the equivalent of National ID's. However, not all states are in compliance and no one is required to obtain a license. Both conservative and liberal groups have resisted the creation of national ID's as government over-reaching. What do people on this forum think about mandatory national ID's? Would certainly be a positive step forward towards fulfilling Biblical Prophecy would't it.....but that's all 'hogwash' anyway, so know worries mate
    Just my two cents
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar

i missed the part in the bible about the mandatory ID's. since it's the sabbath i guess i need to do a bit o reading
    ________
    Mflb warranty
    Last edited by precisionlabradors; 04-26-2011 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by precisionlabradors View Post
    i missed the part in the bible about the mandatory ID's. since it's the sabbath i guess i need to do a bit o reading
    Steven D Miller or Terry Watkins....but let's not go there. It was meant solely as a semi-humorous 'gig' at Yardley....nothing more.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Deporting 12 million + illegals is a pipe dream...a logistical and expensive cluster**** that is a political impossibility (btw, Operation Wetback deported only 1 million). Hell, as a country we can't even stomach holding a few hundred murdering scum in Gitmo...what do you think will happen when people start seeing honest and hard working families hauled out of their jobs and schools in plastic cuffs by the Border Patrol?!? The ONLY way to get them home and stop them from coming in the first place is to make it so they can't work.

I've know many Hispanic immigrants, legal and otherwise, and nearly every last one of them was a hard working, honest, salt-of-the-earth person.
    I don't agree with you - Given the right laws with the right person is in charge it could happen, quickly. I believe only the lefty's & their ilk are having an issue with Gitmo & they are just looking for something to bitch about & they are not the majority . By my definition someone is not honest if they are doing something illegally. Those who don't want to see the law enforced are only concerned for themselves. They just cleaned up a facility in Brewster, WA, 550 illegals, only complainant was the outfit running the facility. I personally believe we should give those who want to work a card & let them work but they must leave their family at home. Send those who don't work home.

Your last statement is correct by what I see, but what %age of the illegal population are those workers?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I don't agree with you - Given the right laws with the right person is in charge it could happen, quickly. I believe only the lefty's & their ilk are having an issue with Gitmo & they are just looking for something to bitch about & they are not the majority . By my definition someone is not honest if they are doing something illegally. Those who don't want to see the law enforced are only concerned for themselves. They just cleaned up a facility in Brewster, WA, 550 illegals, only complainant was the outfit running the facility. I personally believe we should give those who want to work a card & let them work but they must leave their family at home. Send those who don't work home.

Your last statement is correct by what I see, butwhat %age of the illegalpopulation are those workers?
    1, If you check, I suspect that you can find an Eichmann descendant who would be happy to come up with some form of "final solution" for 12 million people.

2. I'm not sure that there is any way to measure the percentage of illegals working, however I believe the answer is almost all of them. Also, it is more common to find families with working parents who are illegal and children who are citizens by birth than it is to find parents who are working and children that are illegal.

The Real ID act attempts to define national standards for driver licenses that makes these the equivalent of National ID's. However, not all states are in compliance and no one is required to obtain a license. Both conservative and liberal groups have resisted the creation of national ID's as government over-reaching. What do people on this forum think about mandatory national ID's?
    As I understand it, the Real ID proposal was not a national indentification card, per se, but the standardization of each states' IDs so that they all had the minimum required components (watermarks over pics, etc.). Some states have laughably easy-to-forge IDs (and know it, but don't care). Also, the info required on Real ID wasn't any more than what's required on a normal drivers license. I don't think that there's any chance of an effective illegal policy without forgery-proof ID and an easy means for an employer to verify it.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

1, If you check, I suspect that you can find an Eichmann descendant who would be happy to come up with some form of "final solution" for 12 million people. When the going gets tough, the tough break out the Nazi comparisons, eh?

2. I'm not sure that there is any way to measure the percentage of illegals working, however I believe the answer is almost all of them. I would guess the same. That's the main reason they come here; to work. Also, it is more common to find families with working parents who are illegal and children who are citizens by birth than it is to find parents who are working and children that are illegal.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

1, If you check, I suspect that you can find an Eichmann descendant who would be happy to come up with some form of "final solution" for 12 million people.
    Just a little something to obfuscate the issue? For a person who attempts to pass yourself off as a "brainiac", that's really sick .

2. I'm not sure that there is any way to measure the percentage of illegals working, however I believe the answer is almost all of them. Also, it is more common to find families with working parents who are illegal and children who are citizens by birth than it is to find parents who are working and children that are illegal.
    I'm not interested in a guess - I am sure that number is somewhere - I'm of the opinion that these agencies, including the INS, have a vested interest in the issue not disappearing.

Marvin S

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Just a little something to obfuscate the issue? For a person who attempts to pass yourself off as a "brainiac", that's really sick .
    Then you tell me how you are going to drive 12 million people out of this country without Eichmannesque tactics. Are you going to go knocking down doors to locate people? Paying bounties to informers to turn in families? Getting kids to inform on their parents? How will you transport everyone/ Stashed into railroad cars or trucks? How will you prevent them from coming back? Maybe a little brand is in order. What will be your legal process for verifying status? If you think there is any way that you could drive 12 million people out of this country so that with "the right person in charge it could happen quickly", I would love to hear the details of how it would be done and what type of person you have in mind. Because to me, the entire concept does strike as a Nazi like solution, and completely and totally sick.

Before we start - I have addressed that those in charge have a vested interest in the issue not going away - why won't you address that?

Then you tell me how you are going to drive 12 million people out of this country without Eichmannesque tactics.
    The INS is responsible for that - they just need to do their job, for which they are being adequately compensated . Set a timeline, after which they will be unemployed unless the issue is resolved, the issue will disappear.

How will you transport everyone/ Stashed into railroad cars or trucks? How will you prevent them from coming back?
    They can return to their place of origin in the same manner that they got to where they do not belong. As for coming back, chip them & we'll know where they are .

What will be your legal process for verifying status? If you think there is any way that you could drive 12 million people out of this country so that with "the right person in charge it could happen quickly", I would love to hear the details of how it would be done and what type of person you have in mind.
    A color coded ID card would do the job, severe penalties for those who aid & abet. (I have to show ID every time I enter a liquor serving area, though it is obvious I am of legal age).

Because to me, the entire concept does strike as a Nazi like solution, and completely and totally sick.
    Your unwillingness to drop this is indicative of some level of irrationality . What part of ILLEGAL do you not understand, they have no rights!!!!!!!

Marvin S