The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Auto Insurance

Default Auto Insurance

Has anyone else noticed how the auto insurors are competing for business lately? Many prime time ads for Nationwide, Allstate, Geico, 21st Century, The General, Progressive.

Not long ago, it seems, there was an "auto insurance crisis" (and such still exists in certain areas, like Philadelphia). Are these companies competing for the safe drivers to offset their high risks? Nationwide is also talking about accident forgiveness (where one accident does not result in a premium increase).

I just priced auto insurance. No accidents or violations on my record for over 10 years, and no matter who I called they were within a few dollars of each other. Didn't make any sense for me to change. So maybe they're not competing for the "safe" drivers, but giving discounts to those who have high premiums due to teenage drivers or multi-cars or higher risk?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I think the Federal Govt should provide auto insurance for eveyone, including illegals!!

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Has anyone else noticed how the auto insurors are competing for business lately? Many prime time ads for Nationwide, Allstate, Geico, 21st Century, The General, Progressive.

Not long ago, it seems, there was an "auto insurance crisis" (and such still exists in certain areas, like Philadelphia). Are these companies competing for the safe drivers to offset their high risks? Nationwide is also talking about accident forgiveness (where one accident does not result in a premium increase).

I just priced auto insurance. No accidents or violations on my record for over 10 years, and no matter who I called they were within a few dollars of each other. Didn't make any sense for me to change. So maybe they're not competing for the "safe" drivers, but giving discounts to those who have high premiums due to teenage drivers or multi-cars or higher risk?

I just changed my carrier. Had been with the same one for years and saved $400 a year with the switch.
    One thing I did find somewhat interesting is that apparently there is a company or companies out there that serve the auto insurance industry much like credit agencies server lenders. Of the three places I shopped for insurance all 3 used this firm and based my rate on what they had reported. The problem is that the information reported is incorrect. They have me listed as having an at fault accident a year ago that did not happen. They reported my daughter as living in my home, she is 24 and lives in NYC, and they had my wife as having a ticket two years ago. When I asked the insurance people about this I was told I would have to take it up with the reporting company. I explained that the DMV should have all the records they would ever need on me to no avail. I did try calling the 800# the insurance company provided but all you get is a recording saying you have to submit a written inquiry and that they will “process” it and get back to you in no more than 6 weeks. The company I went with was the only one who would actually accept the DMV records over this companies report.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Funny how that free market can work. You actually can choose what company to do business with.

I don't think you should buy auto insurance until you have an accident or until after your car has been stolen. Of course, I would have to pay my annual fee to the government for the privlege of not purchasing insurance. What a concept! What a deal! Give me a friggin' break!!
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth