The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wal Mart

BBG,
    Great point. As long as everyone has nothing much more than a cold, ear infection, small cut, or basic sore throat that system will work great.

For those kneeling at the feet of Sam Walton, it should be pointed out that the success of Wally World came at a huge cost to what has always been considered the backbone of American capitalism, the small business and businessman. Look at the damage caused to small towns across America in the downtown districts. Wal Marts success came at a high cost to many fine Americans who were able to provid for their families w/o goverment help.

Ordering my American made GunsX thru a small business Regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    For those kneeling at the feet of Sam Walton, it should be pointed out that the success of Wally World came at a huge cost to what has always been considered the backbone of American capitalism, the small business and businessman. Look at the damage caused to small towns across America in the downtown districts. Wal Marts success came at a high cost to many fine Americans who were able to provid for their families w/o goverment help.

Ordering my American made GunsX thru a small business Regards
    I can tell you from living in Alaska in the early '80s (till 2003), most up there were thrilled when we finally got K-Mart and Wal-Mart. Shipping costs in those days were outrageous and the local merchants always blamed shipping costs for their extremely high prices on everything. Most of that was true, but there was a certain amount of gouging going on as well. The day Wal-Mart and k-Mart hit town, prices started dropping for the everyday goods people need. Over time, many of the local businesses learned to compete by specializing in certain products or niche markets. Some went away. But I would bet if you asked the average long time Alaskan, the big box stores have made life easier up there for the most part.
    Bill Davis

What you are missing is not that wally world is good bad or ugly. My intent in posting this is that the goberment does a REALLY, REALLY bad job with EVERYTHING it does.
    I could care less about WM, just an example that private business does a far better job than goberment.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

And if the Feds take over Healthcare they will do to that vertical market what WalMart is accused of doing to thiers.

Undercutting prices and not answering for profit, the Feds will destroy 1/6th of the free market in the US economy.

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    And if the Feds take over Healthcare they will do to that vertical market what WalMart is accused of doing to thiers.

Undercutting prices and not answering for profit, the Feds will destroy 1/6th of the free market in the US economy.

rk
    But what bill proposes a Federal takeover of health care? None that I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Yeah, Nancy said we can see it after it passes.
    Or are you going to question her??

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

Whats your damn point jeff? Are you saying that the feds are NOT tring to take over heath care?

Keep dancing!
    "SR Isabel's Going for gold"
    "Kallie's Anatomy Of Grey"

Both lazy house pets untill you ask, "do you want to go play"!

Quote Originally Posted by kb27_99 View Post
    Whats your damn point jeff? Are you saying that the feds are NOT tring to take over heath care?

Keep dancing!
    Nothing about any bill presented as part of the health insurance reform debate has involved any Federal takeover of health care whatsoever. No one has proposed a system resembling those of either Canada or the UK. None of the bills has proposed removing insurance companies from the insurance business. In fact, any of the bills would end up in the insurance companies receiving more business. I would love to see quotes from actual proposed bills or even formal bill summaries that say otherwise.

Wal mart treats there employees poorly. Not only do we as shoppers pay for the products so they can make a profit, but we also pay for the Walmart health care plan through medicare.

Walmart hands out public assistance info packets at orientation for new employees. They do offer their own health care, they just make it so expensive and pay so little the employees also have no choice but to go the public help route.

They also make employees work overtime without compensation or they will be fired. There is or just was a legal case dealing with millions of dollars of owed overtime issues.

I for one do not want anyone associated with walmart in charge of anything in my life. I try to not shop there but they have such a monopoly that most people do not have any choice, yet the government does not do anything about it. They have busted up At&t and tried Microsoft but no talk about walmart.

You need to look at the documentary about this called "Walmart the high cost of business" I believe it is. Will make you furious at how they treat people.

Russell