The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wal Mart

Quote Originally Posted by Huff View Post
    Wal mart treats there employees poorly. Not only do we as shoppers pay for the products so they can make a profit, but we also pay for the Walmart health care plan through medicare.

Walmart hands out public assistance info packets at orientation for new employees. They do offer their own health care, they just make it so expensive and pay so little the employees also have no choice but to go the public help route.

They also make employees work overtime without compensation or they will be fired. There is or just was a legal case dealing with millions of dollars of owed overtime issues.

I for one do not want anyone associated with walmart in charge of anything in my life. I try to not shop there but they have such a monopoly that most people do not have any choice, yet the government does not do anything about it. They have busted up At&t and tried Microsoft but no talk about walmart.

You need to look at the documentary about this called "Walmart the high cost of business" I believe it is. Will make you furious at how they treat people.

Russell

I've never seen an employee having a gun held to their heads to work there, but then, Oklahoma may be different, eh Russell?

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

It's actually "Wal*Mart: The High Cost of Low Price" and it can be seen at http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...6181471292925#.

Wal mart treats there employees poorly. Not only do we as shoppers pay for the products so they can make a profit, but we also pay for the Walmart health care plan through medicare.

Walmart hands out public assistance info packets at orientation for new employees. They do offer their own health care, they just make it so expensive and pay so little the employees also have no choice but to go the public help route.

They also make employees work overtime without compensation or they will be fired. There is or just was a legal case dealing with millions of dollars of owed overtime issues.

I for one do not want anyone associated with walmart in charge of anything in my life. I try to not shop there but they have such a monopoly that most people do not have any choice, yet the government does not do anything about it. They have busted up At&t and tried Microsoft but no talk about walmart.

You need to look at the documentary about this called "Walmart the high cost of business" I believe it is. Will make you furious at how they treat people.

Russell

I think you meant medicaid.

I do my level best to satisfy my shopping needs without setting foot inside of walmart.

There I did it again, broke my pledge to stay away from reading and posting here. I needed a break from reading about the smart grid.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Yes, wouldn't it me awesome to get "great value" quality health care.
    Yeah, if you can wait in line and live long enough to see it start...

k g
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

what monopoly do they have exactly? Can you have a monopoly on low prices?! They aren't the only store out there, just because they are better at what they do then others doesn't make it a monopoly.

They are providing jobs. No one gets pissed off at McDonalds for only paying minimum wage but walmart is the spawn of satan because of it. they are not required to pay someone 100,000 a year just because they are willing to work.

my point is it would you should check into how much walmart costs us as taxpayers for their employees. It does not make them the cheapest place to shop when you figure the millions of dollars that their employees draw from public assistance. I for one will pay a little more for a product to know that the employee is being paid a reasonable rate and not having to take public assistance.

And no I have not seen any guns to anyones heads either, but when they (walmart) have ran good employers out of business with their tactics and this is the only place to work what are people to do?

I guess when it boils down to it walmart has a lot of similarities to our government. The rich can take away the middle class and the rich keep getting richer. It is easier to control the poor that have nothing.

my point is it would you should check into how much walmart costs us as taxpayers for their employees. It does not make them the cheapest place to shop when you figure the millions of dollars that their employees draw from public assistance. I for one will pay a little more for a product to know that the employee is being paid a reasonable rate and not having to take public assistance.

And no I have not seen any guns to anyones heads either, but when they (walmart) have ran good employers out of business with their tactics and this is the only place to work what are people to do?

I guess when it boils down to it walmart has a lot of similarities to our government. The rich can take away the middle class and the rich keep getting richer. It is easier to control the poor that have nothing.

HMMMMMM.....sort of like GM???

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

An episode of Penn and Teller's "BullSh*t" about WalMart hatred: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-o1fj1rX7A (it's Part 1, the other three parts are on the right side of screeen). Pretty funny stuff.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Russell

Do you read at all or just post without thought?
    THIS IS NOT ABOUT BAD OLD WAL MART! Christ! It is about how bad the goberment is at RUNNING ANYTHING!
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Well great, now BBG is yelling, internet style. Corey-our government is totally incapable of applying any common sense to one single aspect of running this nation. I am in the process of trying, emphasis on trying to fill out a Rural Energy for America program grant for a local grain elevator. I can't even begin to describe the assine papers, forms and gooberment speak. I'm contemplating wadding up the whole thing and flushing it, but that would be a total waste of water.