The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CNN's Jack Cafferty RIPS Obama as LIAR

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    How I wish that were true. The weather has started hitting the 50's during the day with brightly shining sun. My 3 yo pup is running her first Q this coming weekend and I have been waiting for her return north so I can be the one running her. And with all those thoughts of spring I was playing a league racquetball game on Saturday. The ball was hit down the right hand side of the court and I went to make a kill. My ankle turned in toward the wall and my body crunched into the wall before folding straight down on my ankle. I now have a temporary cast until the swelling goes down and they decide whether or not to screw in a plate before putting on a permanent cast. Out of commission for 6-8 weeks minimum. Yuchhh.
    Does this mean more time for the computer? You and I are in the same boat for slightly different reasons. My better half just broke two bones just above the ankle while airing the dogs. No weight on the leg for 8 weeks - in a walker/wheel chair. Then PT begins for several months. Gonna be a long time until Fall.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Does this mean more time for the computer? You and I are in the same boat for slightly different reasons. My better half just broke two bones just above the ankle while airing the dogs. No weight on the leg for 8 weeks - in a walker/wheel chair. Then PT begins for several months. Gonna be a long time until Fall.
    My sympathy. Right now my break is pretty clean. I need to stay off of it almost completely until I get a permanent cast or the bones might displace, forcing surgery to install a plate. When you live alone with four Labs aged 6 months to 6 years, and one is pregnant, staying off your leg completely doesn't work. Hopefully, I'll be lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Maybe you guys should just move down sout...errr...nevermind, we have enough transplanted yanks already. Just wait for spring...

70 and sunny today regards,
    No thanks! Grew up in Texas, lived in Alabama and Louisiana. All beautiful places in their own way, but I'll take the four seasons, even with winter. I do miss the NOLA food though...nothing like it anywhere!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Go ahead and tell everybody else up there how much it sucks down here.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    No thanks! Grew up in Texas, lived in Alabama and Louisiana. All beautiful places in their own way, but I'll take the four seasons, even with winter. I do miss the NOLA food though...nothing like it anywhere!
    Louisiana, south of I-10 is not anything like the rest of the deep south. Around here, we think it a good thing to eat, drink, make merry, laugh, dance and in general, pass a good time!

Oh, I can't answer this thread because I can't decide if I am an Independent or a Libertarian.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    And with all those thoughts of spring I was playing a league racquetball game on Saturday. Raquetball? I had you figured for a squash or croquet or maybe dressage. Racquetball just seems so, well..... proletariat. The ball was hit down the right hand side of the court and I went to make a kill. My ankle turned in toward the wall and my body crunched into the wall before folding straight down on my ankle. I now have a temporary cast until the swelling goes down and they decide whether or not to screw in a plate before putting on a permanent cast. Out of commission for 6-8 weeks minimum. Yuchhh. Gosh, I sure hope you don't have to get a plate. That would be horrible. I'll cross my fingers for you and hope it's just a cast.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    ..Raquetball? I had you figured for a squash or croquet or maybe dressage. Racquetball just seems so, well..... proletariat. .
    I was actually forced to take squash classes in college as part of the gym requirement Freshman year. I displayed all the talent that I had shown with baseball as a kid -- that is, I could easily strike out at t-ball. Racquetball is much more my style. My regular companions are cops, swimming pool contractors, realtors, systems engineers, landscapers, newspaper deliverers, biotech developers, microchip designers, etc. Pretty much the same types you meet at trials and tests, but fewer guns and more liberals. I am not a very talented player, but I have a very hard serve, a few good kill shots, and I don't mind losing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    Maybe the mainstream media is finally seeing and getting as mad as the rest of the nation. Other than the "independents" on this forum, of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pO1oJPps1I

most excellent video! i love a man who tells it like he sees it, and in this case, like everyone is starting to see it. this emperor has no clothes and even his supporters are starting to see that....

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    most excellent video! i love a man who tells it like he sees it, and in this case, like everyone is starting to see it. this emperor has no clothes and even his supporters are starting to see that....
    My understanding is that Rahm LITERALLY has a penchant for going around in no clothes!!

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Don't wory. Spring is almost here and we can go outside and not look at this crap.
    Or contribute to it....

k g
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.