The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: It's Offical

  1. #1
    Senior Member Clay Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Leggett, NC
    Posts
    372

    Default It's Offical

    I really hate this administration. Say what you will about GWB, but for 8 years while he was running things, I did not owe taxes when I filed, as a matter of fact, got back several thousand dollars for the last 5-6 years of his time in office. Since Obama has taken office, I have had to pay after filing. And before any one says anything, I don't make 250,000 a year. Nothing has changed except the person in the white house. Together my wife and I make over 150,000 a year, so aren't we the group that was supposed to get the breaks? I call BS. I guess I should have known though.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq


    Every day should be Veteran's day.


    "They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

  2. #2
    Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    st anthony idaho
    Posts
    584

    Default

    well, i had to pay almost every year of the bush administration except for the last one. and now make about twice as much as i did, and don't have to. i love this administration.
    ________
    INFANT AVANDIA
    Last edited by precisionlabradors; 04-26-2011 at 03:50 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by precisionlabradors View Post
    well, i had to pay almost every year of the bush administration except for the last one. and now make about twice as much as i did, and don't have to. i love this administration.
    I guess I've got to call bull shit on this...
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  4. #4
    Senior Member badbullgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    somewhere between Boca Grande and Mims
    Posts
    7,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    I really hate this administration. Say what you will about GWB, but for 8 years while he was running things, I did not owe taxes when I filed, as a matter of fact, got back several thousand dollars for the last 5-6 years of his time in office. Since Obama has taken office, I have had to pay after filing. And before any one says anything, I don't make 250,000 a year. Nothing has changed except the person in the white house. Together my wife and I make over 150,000 a year, so aren't we the group that was supposed to get the breaks? I call BS. I guess I should have known though.
    Well one thing that has changed is that extra $14 a week you get in your pay check, That is not a tax reduction, just them withholding less, meaning you can have the $14 a week but it is really not your money

    BTW- if you were getting thousadns back your were paying too much in. I would much rather pay a thousand dollars in April then let them hold MY money and then GIVE it back to me.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

  5. #5
    Senior Member Clay Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Leggett, NC
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Well one thing that has changed is that extra $14 a week you get in your pay check, That is not a tax reduction, just them withholding less, meaning you can have the $14 a week but it is really not your money

    BTW- if you were getting thousadns back your were paying too much in. I would much rather pay a thousand dollars in April then let them hold MY money and then GIVE it back to me.
    I disagree. I don't like having to pay extra taxes in April. I like getting summer vacation money back in April. They withheld almost 38,000 dollars from my wages last year. That is all withholdings combined, fed taxes, state taxes and FICA, which I count as taxes because I will never get to draw from because it will be empty before I can retire. Now I owe another 2 grand in federal tax. And I pay an extra $25 fed and $15 state every two weeks. $38,000, I think I am spreading my wealth enough. As I said in first post, I hate this administration. Is it 2012 yet?
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq


    Every day should be Veteran's day.


    "They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Thanks for helping to buy my groceries.














    Just a joke....not a freeloader regards,

  7. #7
    Senior Member badbullgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    somewhere between Boca Grande and Mims
    Posts
    7,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    I disagree. I don't like having to pay extra taxes in April. I like getting summer vacation money back in April. They withheld almost 38,000 dollars from my wages last year. That is all withholdings combined, fed taxes, state taxes and FICA, which I count as taxes because I will never get to draw from because it will be empty before I can retire. Now I owe another 2 grand in federal tax. And I pay an extra $25 fed and $15 state every two weeks. $38,000, I think I am spreading my wealth enough. As I said in first post, I hate this administration. Is it 2012 yet?

    Yeah but if you put that same withholding in an INTEREST bearing account.......Uncle Sam aint big on giving you anything for the money you let him hold for you. You want to loan the gooberment money so they can give you some back with no interest good for you. The extra 3-7% I earn on mine buys me that much more vacation
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,828

    Default

    where are you earning 3-7%? what is the minimum balance required? i want a piece of that...-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

  9. #9
    Senior Member WaterDogRem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Sounds like you need to use Tim's Turbo Tax program. I'm sure he'll understand.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Clay Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Leggett, NC
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Yeah but if you put that same withholding in an INTEREST bearing account.......Uncle Sam aint big on giving you anything for the money you let him hold for you. You want to loan the gooberment money so they can give you some back with no interest good for you. The extra 3-7% I earn on mine buys me that much more vacation
    I would like to know where you are getting that kind of interest and can withdraw in 12 months without penalties out the butt. You can PM the info.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq


    Every day should be Veteran's day.


    "They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •