The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beck...leave your Church?

Default Beck...leave your Church?

I'm begging you, your right to religion and freedom to exercise religion and read all of the passages of the Bible as you want to read them and as your church wants to preach them . . . are going to come under the ropes in the next year. If it lasts that long it will be the next year. I beg you, look for the words 'social justice' or 'economic justice' on your church Web site. If you find it, run as fast as you can. Social justice and economic justice, they are code words. Now, am I advising people to leave their church? Yes.
    This means that you would have to leave the Catholic Church, which has long championed that aspect of the Gospel.

Totally off his rocker?
    I exerpted these quotes, but they are readily available on any number of web sites in their entirety for your reading bewilderment! Yeah, any religion that teaches social justice should be abandoned. That's why Jesus turned all that water into wine, then locked it up, and sold it at retail to only those who could afford it. Or..wait....how did that story go?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

This means that you would have to leave the Catholic Church, which has long championed that aspect of the Gospel.

Throw in a couple miracles and isn't that pretty much the entire gospel? Not just an aspect?

Whose Bible is he reading? Phil Schlafly's?
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

I'm confused. What is he talking about that would make me leave my church?

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    I'm confused. What is he talking about that would make me leave my church?
    Beck stated that the notion of "social justice" was a perversion of Christianity and a code word for Nazis and Communists. He stated that anyone belonging to a church that considered social justice to be important should leave that church. (See, for example, http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/...y/20-51.0.html)

If there was any lingering doubt that Beck is a totally off-base wacko, this should totally clear the board! Unless he is such an attention whore that he would offend so many fellow Christians, and place them below his particular views of religion and morality, to get this type of attention.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

If there was any lingering doubt that Beck is a totally off-base wacko, this should totally clear the board! Unless he is such an attention whore that he would offend so many fellow Christians, and place them below his particular views of religion and morality, to get this type of attention.
    I read a column by Cal Thomas once that basically said that the only difference between Jesus and a wild eyed radical was that Jesus was the son of God, and that we should be concerned with believing in Jesus as our savior and not worrying about all that radical stuff. The column was in my local paper many years ago. I was not successful at locating a copy on line, but would love to.

He does scare you guys doesn't he?

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

Fellow Christians? Isn't he a Mormon?

(yes I know they consider themselves Christians...it's all medieval bs to this guy)

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    He does scare you guys doesn't he?

rk
    If you mean "Christians" by "you guys", then YES, he does!
    I occasionally agree with some of his rants, but this guy goes over the edge way too much! I fully realize that Mormons are Christians, but telling Catholics that they should abandon their Church?? Where does this guy come off? I'm a fair-weather Catholic at best, so my hackles don't go up too much.