RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

teething

507 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Joe Dutro 
#1 ·
My son and I were doing walking singles with our 5 mo old pups today and on the first return his pup dropped the paint roller, he got him to pick it up and bring it in, then he dropped it again on the next return and wouldn't pick it back up. That's when my son noticed blood on both of the rollers, I told him he was teething an we needed to quit for the day. He also said there was blood on his gums. Just to add the pup hasn't had a problem dropping or not bringing bumpers back before. My question is, how long will he be out of the marking business? We will continue to work on OB and other stuff, but the retrieving is so much fun. Thanks.

_______
Jeff

#2 ·
When Pasta was teething she never stopped holding the bumper it just got bloody. So I put baby carrots in the freezer and gave her a few before and then after her training. Helped her gums a lot and almost stopped all the bleeding.

Pattie

#3 ·
Rocket just finished teething. As soon as his canines were up about 1/4" he started acting normal again. He would retrieve during the process but wouldn't hold the dokken very tight and after about 5-6 start loosing interest in picking up. What I did was work more on OB during this time. Soon it will be time for FF.
Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.