The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Government Survey

Default Government Survey

Today, I received for the third time this year, a voluntary survey request from the US Dept. of Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service, Division of Migratory Bird Management wanting to know how many doves and band-tailed pigeons I harvested in Oklahoma this season. They even wanted to know if I didn't hunt. This computer generated request included the cover letter, the envelope it came in, a reply form and a postage paid return envelope. The letter referred me to their 800 number and their web site. You have got to be kidding me. How much can this cost? Can this be an example of how the Government would run health care? This is an example of how our tax dollars are wasted. Do any of you remember getting the envelopes from the Feds requesting that you send in wings of harvested birds? What a joke! Why is there a need fior the US Dept. of Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service, Division of Migratory Bird Management? We can't afford this crap! How many worthless agencies, departments, projects, etc are out there?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I used to get them every year especially after hunting a National Wildlife Refuge, where they had us send in the decapitated heads of the Canada geese that were harvested, all during the avian flu panic...now I just get a survey from Idaho

the waste that is incurred by the USFWS is probably staggering, but the NWR's that I have visited are poorly maintained, managed, and patrolled...I would guess the majority of funds allotted in the budget for them goes to paper pushing staff members and bureaucratic figure heads that do nothing
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I have been getting the wing survey for the last 3 years.

I would rather see the govt spend the sales tax I pay on ammo, gas, gear, decoys, etc to go hunting to further research on wildlife than pay for someone's abortion...

the government is spending your money the way they want to , they really don't give us working class any thought on what we would do, really they don't care!

tttttttttttttttttttttttttttt