Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama on Fox

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Florida -tossup state, winner usually takes election

Nebraska - Ben Nelson, vote needed

Louisiana- Mary Landreaux , vote needed

Conn- Chris Dodd, sweetheart of a Countrywide Mortgage deal

Montana - Max Baucus- point man on legislation

is there a pattern here ? wonder what kind of a deal Dennis Kucinich got for Ohio
    He gets to keep his GF!!

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

I wouldn't want to bet against Obama in a Shell & Pea game!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    ...I'm liking less and less of what comes out of his mouth lately, but that's a whole different thread.
    No, this is a good thread for that.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Personally I am glad to see that a reporter is aggressive and not easily deterred when questioning the President. Thats how it should be.These guys are supposed to be held accountable to the people who elected them. Sadly thought tv and print reporters defer to the titles and what you end up with is an interview that is usually a waste of peoples time. I would like to see more of this type of interview.
    I do however wonder that if a Republican was being interviewed, if the tone and tenor would have been the same. I just don't remember an interview with any Republican on Fox that was as aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Baier was anything but "HOSTILE!"

He asked questions that a lot of us have.
    We do deserve the respect of an answer.

HOSTILE.....c'mon.

rk
    Didn't see Baier's interview. I was referring to the summit a couple weeks ago.

Just got Dennis Voigt's DVD, so will be taking an enjoyable break from politics for a while!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    I just don't remember an interview with any Republican on Fox that was as aggressive.
    watch Chris Wallace on Sunday Mornings, he is as tenacious as his dad once was...

the circumstances this time are very different..you have a sitting POTUS that doesnt seem to hear what the country wants and thinks he still has a mandate to further HIS agenda
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Personally I am glad to see that a reporter is aggressive and not easily deterred when questioning the President. Thats how it should be.These guys are supposed to be held accountable to the people who elected them. Sadly thought tv and print reporters defer to the titles and what you end up with is an interview that is usually a waste of peoples time. I would like to see more of this type of interview.
    I do however wonder that if a Republican was being interviewed, if the tone and tenor would have been the same. I just don't remember an interview with any Republican on Fox that was as aggressive.

Maybe it is because most of the time they actually answer the questions asked???? What ever, I don;t know, but I do know that obongo has a way of NEVER answering a question that he does not want asked. Good at answering those he has planned for, but avoids the others like a golden avoids water
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

watch Chris Wallace on Sunday Mornings, he is as tenacious as his dad once was...

the circumstances this time are very different..you have a sitting POTUS that doesnt seem to hear what the country wants and thinks he still has a mandate to further HIS agenda
    How is that different? The last administration was the same.

You're absolutely right. Things are different. THIS president who is claiming to have a mandate, actually won with a majority of the popular vote!

And what's different about a president wanting to push his agenda? Surely you don't think this is the first president to push his agenda?? I think it's happened some 40-odd times in the past.

What was a historical oddity was a president who was seated by the supreme court for one term, and winning with a minority of the popular vote (that by itself has happened before) AND using recess appointments, reconciliation, and other parlimentary tactics to "shove policy down our throats" (to paraphrase UB) clearly against the will of the American citizenry. That was the closest we've become to functioning as a monarchy since the day George Washington walked away from D.C. to return to Mt. Vernon, and set the tone for presidents NOT ruling by edict.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    How is that different? The last administration was the same.

You are right Jeff, GWB showed the same arrogance, I remember his speech about having political capital and willing to spend it...and because of his arrogance what did we get..we got Barack Obama....

in this day of instant polling and focus groups, why is this administration just blowing off what the people DON"T want....where are there polls showing the American public want this bill or approves of its NON TRANSPARENCY...does anyone on here know what is on this bill...of course not...the Congress as a whole doesnt even know, but they want us to accept it because its the right thing to do...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"