The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quote of the day

Default Quote of the day

"But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy."
    Nancy Pelosi

You can't make this stuff up.
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

Sometimes I think Nancy's horns are growing faster than Barack's but it's hard to say since his are hidden behind those big ears.

A just-as-scary quote from the same Pelosi speech:

But I don’t know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, prevention—it’s about diet, not diabetes. It’s going to be very, very exciting.
    It's about DIET? The health care plan is about diet? I hadn't head that yet. Thanks for the heads up, Nance. Because we want the government telling us what we can eat. We need soda taxes. We need regulation of Big Macs. We need government telling us how much we can weigh.

And what of the "prevention, prevention, prevention?" Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of the ideas in the various iterations of the house or senate plans to up the age for mamograms?
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Pretty frigging scary isn't it?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I WOULD rahter have Wal Mart run healthcare then the government. Not that I want wally world really, but they are the lesser of the two.......
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    A just-as-scary quote from the same Pelosi speech:

It's about DIET? The health care plan is about diet? I hadn't head that yet. Thanks for the heads up, Nance. Because we want the government telling us what we can eat. We need soda taxes. We need regulation of Big Macs. We need government telling us how much we can weigh.

And what of the "prevention, prevention, prevention?" Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of the ideas in the various iterations of the house or senate plans to up the age for mamograms?

I do agree that the vast majority of health problems in the adult (not elderly) population are diet related. More correctly, obesity related. That is an aside however to the overall healthcare reform debate.

The scientific, social, and economic merits all warrant their due consideration, and what I find the scariest of all, is that people like Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Mitch McConnel, and John Boner are the ones leading the discussion. These people are not experts in ANYTHING but manipulation, lying, and propaganda.

As for Nancy's bizarre behavior, she may be suffering from early Alzheimers, much like Reagan did during his latter years of office. Not overtly enough to raise suspicion or diagnosis, but just some really bizarre behavior that's hard to explain.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I do agree that the vast majority of health problems in the adult (not elderly) population are diet related. More correctly, obesity related. That is an aside however to the overall healthcare reform debate.

The scientific, social, and economic merits all warrant their due consideration, and what I find the scariest of all, is that people like Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Mitch McConnel, and John Boner are the ones leading the discussion. These people are not experts in ANYTHING but manipulation, lying, and propaganda.

As for Nancy's bizarre behavior, she may be suffering from early Alzheimers, much like Reagan did during his latter years of office. Not overtly enough to raise suspicion or diagnosis, but just some really bizarre behavior that's hard to explain.
    Who are you and what have you done with DNF?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

What scary with Pelosi is that she is drunk with her power and actually believes her own rhetoric
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...rants-salt-ban

It's like getting pecked to death by ducks.

One small bite at a time regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

Wow. If I am not mistaken there is a resturant in NYC called Salt. They have 100's of types of salt from around the world. I could be wrong, but it is somewhere, I saw it on the food network. That would really suck for them. I can tell you Krispy Kream cream filled doughnuts are not the same without the trans fat.....

I did try to search for the resturant but could not find it. They have black salt, brown salt, sea salt.....you name it.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke