The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dear Democratic Party Members?

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    The latest poll by the non-partisan Kaiser Family Foundation found 46 percent of Americans support the healthcare bill and 42 percent oppose it.

The latest numbers have evened out.
    Lets see. A poll conducted by the oldest HMO in existence probably done in California. I'm sure that's fair. Anyway 46% is a far cry from the 60% to 70 % you cited. All other national polls have the opposed in the 56% range.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    And likewise, I'd like to see you point out where Obama is my "sweetheart". I can't get in the minds of others, rather just go by what I see posted here. All I've seen lately is many attacks on Obama for the EXACT same things Bush and his cronies did for the last 8 years.You know Dave....you're probably a decent guy, you must have some smarts or you wouldn't be a Dr. and I'm guessing you're half-assed down to earth or you wouldn't be doing the dog/hunting thing. What I don't understand is how you can post 2100+ times in well under a year and have "for the last 8 years" in the text of 1/3 of those posts and questioned the actions of this administration less than a hand full of times total in all of those posts....and......want to convince all present that you are a "free thinker" when you yourself state that 'Bush and Obama are doing the EXACT same things??? I'm thinkin' it would make me want to grab my IV stand and sprint down the hall, bare ass in the breeze if I ever saw you coming at me with a scalpel.

A few people are so very bothered by the fact that there are independant voters out there. In fact, I've been told more times than I can count: who I voted for (incorrectly), what my beliefs are, etc... It must be the old Bushism...you either with me or against me, mentality. Its black and white thinking. Something most grow out of somewhere in their teen years, and begin to see much of the world is in the gray zone. Life doesn't have many simple answers. For the crime of looking at issues from different angles, and going so far as trying to see someone else's points, you get labeled a flaming liberal and attacked. Have at it.I doubt seriously that anyone is "bothered" by independents, I've never seen anyone say "who you voted for", Bushisms don't come into play and we all know that most issues are not "black or white". In your case however ..... it is difficult to hear what you're saying when your actions are so incredibly loud. You are "labeled a flaming liberal and attacked" for your proclivity to claim "looking at issues from different angles, and going so far as trying to see someone else's points" when in fact your posts speak to the contrary. If in fact your desire is to be viewed on this board as that "middle of the road, free thinking, level headed, Oracle.....you might try doing so more often.

I respect all others points of view, except when they become violent or trample the rights of others. (flying planes into buildings, clubbing gays to death because they're gay, shooting doctors in the head in church) ???? Are you suggesting Conservatives support any of this???
    I'm headed to the Arizona Elk Society Banquet tonight....spend some money, drink a beer, visit friends and see if the 'Commissioners' Elk Tag' goes for more than last years $132,500.00 in this economy.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Dback -- Read a little closer. I am ticked at the Dems for playing kumbiya with the Republicans. They should have gotten everyone on their side lined up, then introduced the bill. Let the Republicans whine and groan. The Democrats owned the hammer in both houses and they could have and should have got her done.

If the Republicans were serious about participation in forming a bill they would have sat down with ex-Senator Dave Durenberger, who is arguably the Republicans' best man on health care.
    Sarge...I didn't misread anything, I understand perfectly what you're saying. Obama pointed out quite clearly that they had the 'hammer' early on when he stated that "we won the election" and the Dems at no time played Kumbaya with Repubs in anyones book on healthcare. As was the case with Bush and is now the case with Obama...telling the minority to 'kiss my arse' and 'putting it in four wheel drive' is the fast track to polarizing a nation....even when the 'minority' is small.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

BUMFACE lies and the sheep believe him, those are the facts.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    Sarge...I didn't misread anything, I understand perfectly what you're saying. Obama pointed out quite clearly that they had the 'hammer' early on when he stated that "we won the election" and the Dems at no time played Kumbaya with Repubs in anyones book on healthcare. As was the case with Bush and is now the case with Obama...telling the minority to 'kiss my arse' and 'putting it in four wheel drive' is the fast track to polarizing a nation....even when the 'minority' is small.
    McConnell said almost before the inauguration crowd went home that he was going to make health care Obama's Waterloo. Is that a way to start off honest debate? And where was the great Republican proposal? They had the talent to submit an alternative and sell it. Instead they used the issue as a platform for bile and vile.

Than there was those blithering pieces of propaganda about death panels, rationing, and Steven Hawkings. That is not exactly a request to participate.

McConnell's attitude confirmed that polarized politics was going to rule. I wish the Dems would have rung up full speed ahead and "Damn the torpedos!"
    Last edited by zeus3925; 03-20-2010 at 01:55 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

If this healthcare bill was "the right thing to do" , then why are Dems having such a tough time passing the darn thing...they have an OVERWHELMING majority in the House, far more the the magic number of 216..how many actual House republicans are there ..about 175 +/-...but yet they have to resort to the arm twisting and back room deal making, so who is actually holding up passing the bill...its every little congressperson that has their own little personal agenda, like the hispanic Congressman that was on every morning talk show touting how he made up his mind to vote yes after being promised that immigration reform ( access for undocumented aliens) would be included...remember the punchline to the joke " now that we have determined what profession you are, all we have to haggle is the price "
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

if you don't like the way things are going vote all the bums out and i mean all

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    I'm headed to the Arizona Elk Society Banquet tonight....spend some money, drink a beer, visit friends and see if the 'Commissioners' Elk Tag' goes for more than last years $132,500.00 in this economy.
    Dback,
    Don't worry about me coming at you with a scalpel. As a colo-rectal surgeon, I can help you retrieve your head however, whenever you're ready. But really, I don't participate in forums to have my professionalism attacked, so if you don't mind, I'll let my patients let me know how I'm doing, not a distant stranger, thank you very much. I haven't felt the need to bring others' professions or trades into this fray, why do you?

You seem to make some good points, which I happen to disagree with, but really don't understand why you must resort to personal comments like that. Unlike a few other smoking babies, your response at least had substance, and for that, I thank you.

And as for worrying about how my political stance is viewed on this forum....believe it or not, I don't lose sleep over it! If pointing out inconsistencies and hypocrisy gets me labelled a liberal, so be it. If a lot of other level-headed Americans didn't agree with me, we wouldn't have Obama as president now, would we?
    Last edited by dnf777; 03-20-2010 at 09:04 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    DUH. First black pres because he can't be the first president to resign because of Nixon. Liberals seem to read bais into everything.
    DNF, no comment again?
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Lets see. A poll conducted by the oldest HMO in existence probably done in California. I'm sure that's fair. Anyway 46% is a far cry from the 60% to 70 % you cited. All other national polls have the opposed in the 56% range.
    And again...
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth