The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Democratic Party Members?

Quote Originally Posted by J Hoggatt View Post
    "When the righteous are surrounded the unrighteous, Justice become perverted" -- look it up.

OMG- We are talking about 1/6 of the Nations Economy - and you "justify" this by you comments above.......... OK.... the "process" has only been used for minor items NOT HUGE shift in our Social and Economic future........ I really hope you are right, because if you are wrong --- what price do we pay........ our future- that's it.......

BUSH - Bashing comments-- (simple minds are easily amused- LOL) please - that argument was OLD a year ago........

Can't wait until NOV. -
    Did you Dem's forget about Kennedy's Senate Seat Election already.......

I am for some Health Care Reform -- but not this bill -- that is the polls that are 60/70 % polls--- please -(get better arguments).

PLUS the constitution doesn't guarantee "happiness" on the pursuit of it.... We have to WORK to pursue it...... no guarantees...... if you ever thought we had a Welfare State before -- Wait about 4 more years.... FREE MONEY - Obama MONEY - "it's free"........

I could have heard every bit of that just spending about 30 minutes in front of Fox News. Let's play talking points bingo.

"For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I could have heard every bit of that just spending about 30 minutes in front of Fox News. Let's play talking points bingo.

BUZZ:
    MAYBE you should..........

Yardleylabs:
    You have given me some homework to do...
    Seriously - I appreciate it.....I will look into the "facts" you are providing... THANKS-

For one- I am willing to learn and not afraid of being incorrect/wrong......
    Attributed to Ben Franklin-
    "Don't Argue with Stupid People..... They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid."

"Arguing with Idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to sh$t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconci...es_Congress%29

Reconciliation ---for easy reference.....

Yardley Labs ---

"DEEMED PASSED" do you know how often this one has been used?????? NO VOTE?
    "Don't Argue with Stupid People..... They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid."

"Arguing with Idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to sh$t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconci...es_Congress%29

Reconciliation ---for easy reference.....

Yardley Labs ---

"DEEMED PASSED" do you know how often this one has been used?????? NO VOTE?
    I don't have a source, but recently I heard Michelle Bachman say that Hastert could have never gotten away with using it. Yesterday I heard on the radio that Hastert had used the tactic over 100 times. What it really amounts to is the house voting on two bills at once. They vote on the bill along the changes they want to make to it all in one package. Then it gets sent back to the senate.
    Last edited by Buzz; 03-19-2010 at 08:41 PM. Reason: typos
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Ok, I haven't read it too closely, but here is a source:

http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2010...xecuting-rule/

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Ok, I haven't read it too closely, but here is a source:

http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2010...xecuting-rule/
    Buzz---- Did you read this????? Headline "BENDING THE RULES".......

the premise:
    Well - it's been done before......?

That is kind of like:

"Well Mom--- all the other kids were doing it".
    or
    "It's not illegal unless you get caught"

If that is the argument - well we are in a sad state of affairs -- and NOT what Obama promised - "HOPE and Change" no more politics are usual. Everything on C-Span - and Remember I am from the "Cornhusker Kick-back state" --Thanks Ben Nelson - NOT!!!

PS> - I will be financially supporting - the most I can - Whom ever runs against him......

One last Q:

Why is the clock ticking - Why in such a rush? hmm----why not a robust debate?
    WHY shouldn't they stand up and vote and be counted.

Buzz---- Did you read this????? Headline
    Why is the clock ticking - Why in such a rush? hmm----why not a robust debate?

WHY shouldn't they stand up and vote and be counted.
    Only enough to gather that the guy doing the analysis wasn't thrilled with the procedure and to find the numbers that I wanted to verify.

Obama promised change and I thought he was FOS. But apparently a lot of people bought it.

I am trying to find the definition of a robust debate. I guess a year isn't enough, so how long should it go? The truth is, the longer the debate goes, the uglier the process gets, and the more contaminated with deals the legislation appears to get.

I saw David Frum on TV last night. He was a proponent at the beginning for the Republicans cooperate and work with Democrats on HCR. His theory was that in a cooperative environment Republicans may be able to leave a fair imprint on the end product. As it stands, Republicans opted to go for total defeat of Obama, and in the process largely shut themselves out on one of the most far reaching pieces of legislation ever passed (assuming it does pass).

Given from the outset that the Republicans were going to fight any bill that had a Democratic label on, I am ticked that the Dems pussy footed so long trying to build a consensus. Consensus and compromise are nice if you can do it, but when the opposition is obstructionist, it's "Hop in or get out of the road. I am putting it in 4 wheel drive and I'm going". The Dems had the power to push a moderate bill through. They squandered it trying to satisfy everybody especially the ultra Libs. Maybe they should read some Machiavelli.

I don't see the Republicans as being at all sincere. If it wasn't health care then it would be something else. There isn't a statesman among them. They are just laying logs on the rails hoping something will fall out of the boxcar. They are acting out of anger that they lost the last election. They are not over it, yet.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 03-19-2010 at 10:00 PM.
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Trying to build a consensus? With who? They couldn't even get a consensus among the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Given from the outset that the Republicans were going to fight any bill that had a Democratic label on, I am ticked that the Dems pussy footed so long trying to build a consensus. Consensus and compromise are nice if you can do it, but when the opposition is obstructionist, it's "Hop in or get out of the road. I am putting it in 4 wheel drive and I'm going". The Dems had the power to push a moderate bill through. They squandered it trying to satisfy everybody especially the ultra Libs. Maybe they should read some Machiavelli.

I don't see the Republicans as being at all sincere. If it wasn't health care then it would be something else. There isn't a statesman among them. They are just laying logs on the rails hoping something will fall out of the boxcar. They are acting out of anger that they lost the last election. They are not over it, yet.
    Yardley.....maybe you could step in and stop your two compatriots from making any bigger fools of themselves. "Consensus and compromise"?????? you must be kidding......not with the Republicans! Repubs weren't invited to any level of input in this thing until the 'Pony Show' a couple weeks ago. Hell....the Dems couldn't get "consensus and compromise" among themselves....Don't you remember "Super Majority" or has this rough winter and slurping down 'snow cones' caused permanent "brain freeze" with you two?
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech