The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Republican Party members

Default Dear Republican Party members

OK. So let's say that in 2010 the Republicans regain a majority in the congress.
    Then in 2012, your messiah, (maybe Palin) wins the Presidency...

What change and hope will come to pass? Will come to pass??? Come to pass????

Remember now, it's not a football game. Merely having your team on the field may not be enough.

Opposition and obstruction will come to them from all corners. From both friend and foe alike. Some will champion their efforts, and some will not.

Maybe it is just a game after all, and we're all just spear carriers in someone else's movie.

F'n depressing, huh?

JD

Geez, I'm startin' to sound like Pete!
    Last edited by JDogger; 03-20-2010 at 12:22 AM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

the failure and inept Presidency of Jimmy Carter gave us Ronald Reagan....the ineptness and failure of the economy of GHW Bush gave us the Clinton Years.... GW Bush and his ineptness gave us BHO and a Democrat majority,what will the Obama administration give us...

people say that Bush 43 was polarizing.....that almost seems tame compared to the radioactive polarity of BHO

will we ever see a POTUS in our lifetime that isnt hated by the opposite party...I seriously doubt it
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Will we ever see a POTUS as hated as this one is/will be?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Sure, the last one. It only seems different now because you are the one doing the hating. I look at the last administration and see a group that violated every norm of our political process to bankrupt our country both morally and financially. It's all a matter of perspective. Right now, Obama's popularity is comparable to Reagan's at the same point in his presidency. It might go up or down from here depending primarily on what happens with the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Sure, the last one. It only seems different now because you are the one doing the hating. I look at the last administration and see a group that violated every norm of our political process to bankrupt our country both morally and financially. It's all a matter of perspective. Right now, Obama's popularity is comparable to Reagan's at the same point in his presidency. It might go up or down from here depending primarily on what happens with the economy.
    So......it's more about getting even than what is right???

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

OBUMMA is destroying this country!!!! When will he be as he deserves charged with treason and when convicted as he should be by law given the ultimate penalty for the charges?

Can't be soon enough!!!!!!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    So......it's more about getting even than what is right???

rk
    Where did that come from? Bush's failures as a President and his successes belong to Bush. Obama's failure or success belong to Obama. Bush did some good things as President but destroyed our economy and our credibility in the world. Obviously there were accomplices, but the overwhelming bulk of the responsibility rests squarely on the shoulders of the President. Obama has so far improved our relations with the rest of the world and made some decisions that have helped stimulate growth in our economy. However, he is also doing things that I believe will damage our economy further over the long term if not reversed. I think the record of his Presidency is still incomplete and evolving, while Bush's record is now a matter of history. There is nothing about getting even in any of it. For the sake of our future, someone has to pull us back from the destruction wrought by the Bush administration. Hopefully Obama will succeed. If not, his successor will have an even more difficult and potentially impossible job. A difficulty is that the primary cause of our bankruptcy was the tax reduction package pushed through in 2001 and 2003. Unless those cuts are essentially reversed, we will not emerge from the disaster that they caused.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    OBUMMA is destroying this country!!!! When will he be as he deserves charged with treason and when convicted as he should be by law given the ultimate penalty for the charges?

Can't be soon enough!!!!!!
    Come on, Luver. What has he done to destroy the country? Not very much. If you are speaking about the stimulus program, remember it was initiated by "W". If you are talking about the big hole in the country's pocket, there isn't any better way create it than starting a war on two fronts and then give big tax cuts to the Fortunate Few. Obama didn't do that, did he?

Yeah, the economy is in a world of hurt. How did it get that way? The "Smaller Government" folks promoted the withdrawal of oversight and the brokers and bankers went wild creating financial fictions that brought down the house. Now there is a cry to do something to prevent a similar future collapse. Is Obama opposed to it? No, it is Mitch McConnell and his constipated minions.

Republicans are just trying to pull a Joe Goebbels with this bile and vile campaign they are on.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Where did that come from? Bush's failures as a President and his successes belong to Bush. Obama's failure or success belong to Obama. Bush did some good things as President but destroyed our economy and our credibility in the world. Obviously there were accomplices, but the overwhelming bulk of the responsibility rests squarely on the shoulders of the President. Obama has so far improved our relations with the rest of the world and made some decisions that have helped stimulate growth in our economy. However, he is also doing things that I believe will damage our economy further over the long term if not reversed. I think the record of his Presidency is still incomplete and evolving, while Bush's record is now a matter of history. There is nothing about getting even in any of it. For the sake of our future, someone has to pull us back from the destruction wrought by the Bush administration. Hopefully Obama will succeed. If not, his successor will have an even more difficult and potentially impossible job. A difficulty is that the primary cause of our bankruptcy was the tax reduction package pushed through in 2001 and 2003. Unless those cuts are essentially reversed, we will not emerge from the disaster that they caused.
    I believe the primary cause of our bankruptcy is that we spend to much. Bush did it, and now the Dems are using his over spending as an excuse to do their own. We're taxed enough, time for the government to take a look at reality, and stop spending so damn much.

The Federal government can't grow forever, we've passed the point of it's size being sustainable, and one side or the other has to put a stop to it. You're party is in power at this moment in time, so that responsibility falls on them. After the next election that responsibility will probably fall on the Republicans, and I would hope they take an ax to the budget and try to save us. It's painfully obvious the Dems aren't going to.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Come on, Luver. What has he done to destroy the country? Not very much. If you are speaking about the stimulus program, remember it was initiated by "W". If you are talking about the big hole in the country's pocket, there isn't any better way create it than starting a war on two fronts and then give big tax cuts to the Fortunate Few. Obama didn't do that, did he?

Yeah, the economy is in a world of hurt. How did it get that way? The "Smaller Government" folks promoted the withdrawal of oversight and the brokers and bankers went wild creating financial fictions that brought down the house. Now there is a cry to do something to prevent a similar future collapse. Is Obama opposed to it? No, it is Mitch McConnell and his constipated minions.

Republicans are just trying to pull a Joe Goebbels with this bile and vile campaign they are on.
    Gov't needs to get the heck out of our lives and stop stealing money from hard working people,
    BUMMA wants to control our lives.
    BY the way I have been screwed by both parties trying to buy votes.
    We don't have kids and they all give tax breaks for kids and that results in me paying for other peoples kids. I'm sick and tired of it.
    I pay double the property taxes as the house next door.
    I have zero kids, they have 3.
    I pay for their kids. THat is a total pile of crap.
    I do not use the services yet I pay out the a@@.
    People should pay for the services they use.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI