The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dear Republican Party members

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post

You need a little more analysis, taxes do not cause overspending, overspending is it's own problem. That Bush didn't wield his veto pen more often was a portion of the problem. That's what the country gets when they elect a "Country Club Republican" & the D's candidate is even worse.

Contrary to what people say, IMO the root cause of the problem was Barney, Chris, Chuck, the cronies at FNM & Freddy Mac, & all who were accepting donations from the people who were making money from the phony credit instruments .
    If you keep tax rates unchanged and spending goes up so fast that it creates a deficit, then spending is out of control and you have a deficit caused by overspending. If you cut tax rates and keep spending constant in real dollars, resulting in a deficit, then you have a deficit caused by a tax cut. If you cut tax rates and increase spending at two time the rate of inflation, you have a spend and borrow Republican in the White House and are headed for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    If you keep tax rates unchanged and spending goes up so fast that it creates a deficit, then spending is out of control and you have a deficit caused by overspending. If you cut tax rates and keep spending constant in real dollars, resulting in a deficit, then you have a deficit caused by a tax cut. If you cut tax rates and increase spending at two time the rate of inflation, you have a spend and borrow Republican in the White House and are headed for disaster.
    He did have a little help from his friends. It bugs me that there is so much discussion about the prospect of spending on healthcare, but so little debate about the cost of fighting two wars. I wonder what the true cost of a barrel of oil would be if you counted the cost to the federal budget of keeping it flowing from under the feet of people who hate us?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

If you keep tax rates unchanged and spending goes up so fast that it creates a deficit, then spending is out of control and you have a deficit caused by overspending. If you cut tax rates and keep spending constant in real dollars, resulting in a deficit, then you have a deficit caused by a tax cut.
    I believe that to be called Overspending. A tax cut creates an incentive for those willing to work to create more. Taxes other than those spent on necessary infrastructure rarely add value to the system. & while the POTUS gets the blame who is in charge of Appropriations?

If you cut tax rates and increase spending at two time the rate of inflation, you have a spend and borrow Republican in the White House and are headed for disaster.
    The present occupier is not an R in case you need to be brought up to date . What say you about the present occupier of that residence?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    He did have a little help from his friends. It bugs me that there is so much discussion about the prospect of spending on healthcare, but so little debate about the cost of fighting two wars. I wonder what the true cost of a barrel of oil would be if you counted the cost to the federal budget of keeping it flowing from under the feet of people who hate us?
    Good or bad, Presidents always have help. My view is that the Federal surplus or deficit is a reflection of fiscal policy. If productive resources are approaching capacity, growth is abut 4%, and inflation is around 2%, the Federal budget should be in balance. If growth and inflation are edging higher, the budget should be in surplus, and if capacity usage and/or growth is heading south, we should be looking at a budget deficit. What we do with our resources -- how much we tax and what we spend our money on -- within those general economic parameters is basically a political decision.

If we ever do a full accounting for the wars, I suspect that the price will be closer to $2 trillion than $1 trillion. Put in economic terms, that is more than our total spending on energy for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Gov't needs to get the heck out of our lives and stop stealing money from hard working people,
    BUMMA wants to control our lives.
    BY the way I have been screwed by both parties trying to buy votes.
    We don't have kids and they all give tax breaks for kids and that results in me paying for other peoples kids. I'm sick and tired of it.
    I pay double the property taxes as the house next door.
    I have zero kids, they have 3.
    I pay for their kids. THat is a total pile of crap.
    I do not use the services yet I pay out the a@@.
    People should pay for the services they use.
    First of all, I dont think you pay higher property tax than your neighbor because they have kids. Its probably because your house is worth twice what theirs is. I think that is how property tax works, kinda based on tax value, may be wrong, but dont think so. Second, you don't pay for my kids, I pay for my kids. And if it bothers you so much, have some darn kids.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

I believe that to be called Overspending. A tax cut creates an incentive for those willing to work to create more. Taxes other than those spent on necessary infrastructure rarely add value to the system. & while the POTUS gets the blame who is in charge of Appropriations?
    The evdence to support that assertion is easier to find in chicken bones than in the economy. That is especially true for the GWB cuts.

The present occupier is not an R in case you need to be brought up to date . What say you about the present occupier of that residence?
    What he has done s far falls well within my parameters of when it is okay to incur a deficit. However, that is much less likely to be true in another year. His budget projections assume that deficits will decline but not go away. I think they need to go away once the economy is solid. If he pursues a massive deficit policy despite growth, he will sit on the alter with Reagan and Bush as a great bankrupter.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    First of all, I dont think you pay higher property tax than your neighbor because they have kids. Its probably because your house is worth twice what theirs is. I think that is how property tax works, kinda based on tax value, may be wrong, but dont think so. Second, you don't pay for my kids, I pay for my kids. And if it bothers you so much, have some darn kids.
    The majority of my propery taxes go to the school system, which I do not use!!!!!
    Yes my house has a higher value, bigger house and more land. The point is they are using the schools X3 yet I pay for their kids.
    THey should just make people pay per kid in school!!!
    Me paying for their kids is a THEFT OF MY MONEY!!!!!!!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Originally Posted by JDogger
    Maybe it is just a game after all, and we're all just spear carriers in someone else's movie

Unless you get involved, at this parade you are the person with the wheelbarrow & the shovel .
    We recently had our county and municipal elections. Being in an anti-incumbent frame of mind, I campaigned and voted for all the challengers regardless of party, and against all incumbents.

Surprise, surprise! 100% of incumbents were retained or re-elected.

I'm very afraid that the local outcome will be mirrored this fall and in 2012.

At the state and national level, I might have at the least a few third party candidates to throw support to.

I suspect though, that the R&D candidates coming our way will be, (as Julie puts it) the same stinking crock of jenkem.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

What he has done s far falls well within my parameters of when it is okay to incur a deficit. However, that is much less likely to be true in another year. His budget projections assume that deficits will decline but not go away. I think they need to go away once the economy is solid. If he pursues a massive deficit policy despite growth, he will sit on the alter with Reagan and Bush as a great bankrupter.
    Even for you, that's pretty lame. Someone forwarded me a group of cartoons from around the world, your guy is real fodder .

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    We recently had our county and municipal elections. Being in an anti-incumbent frame of mind, I campaigned and voted for all the challengers regardless of party, and against all incumbents.

Surprise, surprise! 100% of incumbents were retained or re-elected.

I'm very afraid that the local outcome will be mirrored this fall and in 2012.

At the state and national level, I might have at the least a few third party candidates to throw support to.

I suspect though, that the R&D candidates coming our way will be, (as Julie puts it) the same stinking crock of jenkem.

JD
    Good for you! Keep it up!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

I'll make a note on my calendar.

03/20/2010 Marv gives JDogger a pat on the back.

Who'd a thunk?

OSHR's,

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift