The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how much will you pay

Default how much will you pay

for all you who like bho.how much are you willing to pay in taxes for his programs like health care,cap and tax etc.is 50% enough or more say 80%.don't for get to add in state and local and sales tax to,and any others you can think of

Quote Originally Posted by pat addis View Post
    for all you who like bho.how much are you willing to pay in taxes for his programs like health care,cap and tax etc.is 50% enough or more say 80%.don't for get to add in state and local and sales tax to,and any others you can think of
    I would love to see taxes return to 2000 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I would love to see taxes return to 2000 levels.
    I would love to see taxes on your income bracket at 99%, and my income bracket should get more back then we pay in. If you can't beat em join em.

I would be happy of if the 50% of Americans that currently pay no tax, pay tax.

Quote Originally Posted by junfan68 View Post
    I would be happy of if the 50% of Americans that currently pay no tax, pay tax.
    theres a thoughtto ponder. the sad part is the ones that arent paying taxes and working under the table are a good majority that use the tax dollars on benefits klike welfare and medical, childcare and what not.
    if you cant beat them do it yourself

sire: jake featherstorm saukriver labs
    dam: may creeks little short round

Quote Originally Posted by muddin View Post
    theres a thoughtto ponder. the sad part is the ones that arent paying taxes and working under the table are a good majority that use the tax dollars on benefits klike welfare and medical, childcare and what not.
    Many who aren't paying taxes are sitting in board rooms across America....or Belize, or Costa Rica, or UAE.....not to worry, though, the middle class working guy will cover them.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Everybody should have to pay at least $1 in taxes to be able to fully participate in all of the benefits afforded citizens. They should have to put it in an envelope and send it to the IRS. It is only fair. I know almost everyone pays sales tax, fuel tax, etc, but there is something sobering about taking money out of your pocket and sending it to government. Paying into the system gives you the right to comment on how the money is spent or misspent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabireley View Post
    Everybody should have to pay at least $1 in taxes to be able to fully participate in all of the benefits afforded citizens. They should have to put it in an envelope and send it to the IRS. It is only fair. I know almost everyone pays sales tax, fuel tax, etc, but there is something sobering about taking money out of your pocket and sending it to government. Paying into the system gives you the right to comment on how the money is spent or misspent.
    I actually agree that this is important. In fact, I believe that all income should be taxed regardless of source. This would include, for example, paying income of welfare payments even where that means grants need to be increased to cover the tax. Paying taxes is sobering and helps build a sense of ownership in how money is used. It also eliminates the nonsensical distinction between "tax payers" and non-tax payers. The reality is that everyone pays taxes, no matter what, and even the lowest income groups pay a relatively high percentage of their incomes in taxes when all the numbers are added together.

I believe if everyone had to pay taxes the way self-employed people do, they would have a different attitude toward things. Like was said, actually writing that check makes you think about it. I know we couldn't do it that way because a lot of people just wouldn't write the check.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    I believe if everyone had to pay taxes the way self-employed people do, they would have a different attitude toward things. Like was said, actually writing that check makes you think about it. I know we couldn't do it that way because a lot of people just wouldn't write the check.
    For a long time, I have also believed that companies should not be permitted to buy health insurance on behalf of their employees, but that employees should have to pay for their insurance directly. That would probably do more to control health care costs than anything that can ever be done through regulation.