The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: Early Reaction to Health Bill Adoption

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pa.
    Posts
    5,319

    Default

    One question that was missing was how many thought it was a ''big F-ing deal''

    john
    Last edited by john fallon; 03-23-2010 at 06:06 PM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

    "A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

  2. #12
    Senior Member sinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    312

    Default

    I had to wear my hearing protection at work yesterday here in good old Colorado Springs! I thought the right wing whining would blow my ear drums!
    One good thing is that Rush Limbaugh said he would leave the USofA if the bill passed. Lets hold Lush Rimbaugh to his mouth!

  3. #13
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinner View Post
    I had to wear my hearing protection at work yesterday here in good old Colorado Springs! I thought the right wing whining would blow my ear drums!
    One good thing is that Rush Limbaugh said he would leave the USofA if the bill passed. Lets hold Lush Rimbaugh to his mouth!
    Did YOU hear him say that???



    rk
    Stan b & Elvis

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Jeff's poll pretty much says it all: Opinoins and a-holes. Everyone has one!!
    Is a poll really valid only one day after the possible adoption of the bill!!!
    I could come up with a poll too if I really thought it mattered.

  5. #15
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Jeff's poll pretty much says it all: Opinoins and a-holes. Everyone has one!!
    Is a poll really valid only one day after the possible adoption of the bill!!!
    I could come up with a poll too if I really thought it mattered.
    Your point is absolutely fair. Trends over time are much more important than any one day. However, it did provide an ironic counterpoint to Republican speeches in the Senate saying how outrageous it was for the House to have adopted and the President to have signed a bill opposed by an overwhelming majority of the population.

  6. #16
    Senior Member sinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Yes, I unfortunately was in the mountains and could not get anything but "good old KOA" and I need a weather report but got "HIM".

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Detroit Lakes, MN
    Posts
    1,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    do most believe that opinion polls are scientific?
    Yes. There are scientific polls and unscientific ones. The Gallop poll cited is clearly a scientific poll based on well respected methods and random sampling with a large sample size. You can measure people's "opinions" in a systematic and scientific manner. For more details see Jeff's answers.

  8. #18
    Senior Member dback's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinner View Post
    Yes, I unfortunately was in the mountains and could not get anything but "good old KOA" and I need a weather report but got "HIM".
    I'll call BS on that one......because if you ACTUALLY heard him, you'd know that he said he would leave the US to RECEIVE SOME SPECIFIC health care needs. All you heard was some liberal 'take off' of what he said. Get your facts straight.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

  9. #19
    Senior Member sinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    312

    Default

    I would agree with you but then there would be two of us that were wrong!

  10. #20
    Senior Member dback's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinner View Post
    I would agree with you but then there would be two of us that were wrong!
    The callers question was where will he go for health care...his answer was that he would leave the country, he'd go to Costa Rica. At no time did he say that he was 'moving' there.

    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...107.guest.html

    I'm pretty sure that even Yardley & DNF will tell you the liberal spin was taken out of context.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •