The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Early Reaction to Health Bill Adoption

I have sent a study done for me while I was with the Coors Brewery (13 yrs) developing & managing their wellness programs. The study was done by the U of Oregon on the cost benefit of health care and wellness for the company. The factors variables measured were health insurance cost (including overhead), productivity, absenteeism, and turnover.
    The results were for every dollar the company spent on healthy people the cost benefit to the company was $1.24 and for every dollar on unhealthy employees the benefit was $8.33.
    The factor that came out to be the most important was productivity with turnover and health insurance the lowest.
    My questions is simple who is paying for health & and insurance now? And have we really looked at the impact of health & wellness on our businesses?
    If you want a full copy of the study send me a private message.

The supporters of this legislation applaud its passage and point to the items that most everyone favors as justification. Do any of those supporters give a damn that this bill was enabled through blatant corruption? Without the backdoor bribes this legislation would never have made it to the President's desk. Does that not matter to anyone?

fp
    www.BayouMagicRetrievers.com
    FC AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH "Roux"
    Bayou Magic's Rouxster Bleu QAA "Bleu"
    Bayou Magic's Dave Robicheaux QAA "Burke"
    Bayou Magic's Cletus Purcell (Knucklehead Puppy)

"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." -- George Herman Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Fixed it.

I guess if you can get a bill voted on by 60 senators addressing tort reform (or even one favored by 51), then you would have enough of a legislative consensus to pass something. Instead, bills are passed simply for the purpose of generating sound bytes rather than for the purpose of change.
    I don't really consider partisan politics a 'consensus'. Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    I don't really consider partisan politics a 'consensus'. Do you?
    So had did you feel about the tax cuts, especially the ones passed by a 50 + VP vote in 2003 -- a vote so divisively partisan that it resulted in Jeffers leaving the party and crossing the aisle to give Democrats the majority? The fact is that we require a majority votes to pass legislation. We require a majority of electoral votes (not a majority of public votes as made clear in 2000) to elect a President. There is a price to be paid in reduced cooperation when something is adopted in the face of closely divided controversy. However, that cost is worth no more than the record of cooperation established before the controversy. In this case the cost in Congress was very small. There is also a price paid when the Congressional process is subjected to intense public scrutiny because the process is inevitably ugly. That price is paid by everyone involved and is high. However, so far the public does not rate Republicans better than Democrats or the President on this measure. In fact, the public rates them worse.

Jeff-

The OpenCongress link crashes every machine I've tried including the ones here at work which have probably as much bandwidth as any in the country. The Thomas link is dead. I guess we aren't supposed to actually read the bill, just trust them to do the right thing.

Eric

*GROAN*

Dammit Jeff, when will you guys get it through your thick freaking skulls that many of us on here did not like what went on back then and we don't like wtf is going on now? I DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHAT WAS DONE IN THE BUSH YEARS. It does not make anything right. QUIT TRYING TO JUSTIFY EVERYTHING BY 'BUSH DID IT TOO' OR 'I DON'T REMEMBER HEARING YOU COMPLAIN WHEN THE R'S DID IT' OR 'IF R'S WERE DOING IT NOBODY WOULD CARE'. Would you like to start a thread about the Bush tax cuts so that we can actually talk about them on topic and get it over with? Please DO.

Why is it so damn difficult to understand that we don't necessarily approve of all that Bush/Cheney did during their terms? Why is it so damn difficult to understand that the BS needs to stop NOW. It should have stopped then, but guess what? IT DIDN'T. That is too bad. But that is not a valid reason to continue to do it.

Now, once again. Do you consider partisan politics to be a consensus? How about answering the question this time around, Trebek.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Jeff-

The OpenCongress link crashes every machine I've tried including the ones here at work which have probably as much bandwidth as any in the country. The Thomas link is dead. I guess we aren't supposed to actually read the bill, just trust them to do the right thing.

Eric
    I am reading the OpenCongress link just fine. Do you want me to pass the text on to you? It is not a bandwidth problem but a problem with the faulty software you are using. Try either google chrome or firefox. Or just google HR 3590 and use the cache feature of google.

John Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Jeff-

Eric
    Try this link: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d111:SP03279:

I am pretty certain I could email you copies of the PDF if you want (send me your address).

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Magic View Post
    The supporters of this legislation applaud its passage and point to the items that most everyone favors as justification. Do any of those supporters give a damn that this bill was enabled through blatant corruption? Without the backdoor bribes this legislation would never have made it to the President's desk. Does that not matter to anyone? fp
    You are asking these people to think, a commodity which appears to be in short supply today. But, it is also in short supply within the general population. Ethical behavior is not real common.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    So had did you feel about the tax cuts, especially the ones passed by a 50 + VP vote in 2003 -- a vote so divisively partisan that it resulted in Jeffers leaving the party and crossing the aisle to give Democrats the majority?
    It is Jeffords, who like Specter was looking for an excuse, his came because his Dairy Farmers were not given the special subsidy that they had previously enjoyed.

But, like ducknwork, I'm getting a little tired of your sniping at TAX CUTS. So why don't you start a thread dealing with that subject? That will give you 1st shot at setting parameters. I will be glad to participate, I'd like to see your justification for separating the earner from the fruits of their labor.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    *GROAN*

Dammit Jeff, when will you guys get it through your thick freaking skulls that many of us on here did not like what went on back then and we don't like wtf is going on now? I DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHAT WAS DONE IN THE BUSH YEARS. It does not make anything right. QUIT TRYING TO JUSTIFY EVERYTHING BY 'BUSH DID IT TOO' OR 'I DON'T REMEMBER HEARING YOU COMPLAIN WHEN THE R'S DID IT' OR 'IF R'S WERE DOING IT NOBODY WOULD CARE'. Would you like to start a thread about the Bush tax cuts so that we can actually talk about them on topic and get it over with? Please DO.

Why is it so damn difficult to understand that we don't necessarily approve of all that Bush/Cheney did during their terms? Why is it so damn difficult to understand that the BS needs to stop NOW. It should have stopped then, but guess what? IT DIDN'T. That is too bad. But that is not a valid reason to continue to do it.

Now, once again. Do you consider partisan politics to be a consensus? How about answering the question this time around, Trebek.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

I managed to find a link on Thomas that provided the bill. However, it's less than 1,000 pages? What I've read so far is largely GDG as it is changes to existing law. I'll keep on struggling.

Eric