The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speaking of new polls...

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Interesting propaganda video. Reminds me of the Jay walking bit on Leno. Too bad they did not ask McCain voters the same questions or some basic and obscure questions about McCain.

Imagine that, 12 for 12 did not know which party held the majority in Congress. That's kind of strange because if 12 people had guessed you would expect a 50:50 ratio. I am sure they only interviewed those 12.

The "home" versus "Alaska" question totally showed their biased hand.

I was also shocked that no one interviewed watched Fox news.

But wait, I am now confused, are these the people that many here claim are "elitists"?
    The only 12 that don't!!

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    WOW!!!

When did polls start mattering to you Leftys??

rk
    We are just following the lead of those on the right here. Shall we review the postings here? Better yet, maybe we should start a thread about the stock market's reaction to passage of the health care bill. Great precedent set there too.

As long as we're on the subject, perhaps you help me understand the change in heart by those on the right on the following issue. The previous President was respected, admired, and arguably reelected for "staying the course" and saying patriotic things like
    Polls? You know, if a president tries to govern based upon polls, you're kind of like a dog chasing your tail. I don't think you can make good, sound decisions based upon polls. And I don't think the American people want a president who relies upon polls and focus groups to make decisions for the American people.
    April 2005 news conference
    Now, this congress and President Obama are being vilified by those on the right for staying the course on health care despite a narrowly divided public on the issue.
    Aah, never mind, its just "politics" as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The only 12 that don't!!

rk
    For sure. I listened to the FOX news cast today for an hour. Almost as entertaining for me as POTUS, but then, maybe that's where many here get their material so I shouldn't be surprised.
    Last edited by Henry V; 03-23-2010 at 08:11 PM. Reason: revised poor word selection and misplaced word

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    We are just following the lead of those on the right here. Shall we review the postings here? Better yet, maybe we should start a thread about the stock market's reaction to passage of the health care bill. Great precedent set there too.

As long as we're on the subject, perhaps you help me understand the change in heart by those on the right on the following issue. The previous President was respected, admired, and arguably reelected for "staying the course" and saying patriotic things like
    Now, this congress and President Obama are being vilified by those on the right for staying the course on health care despite a narrowly divided public on the issue.
    Aah, never mind, its just "politics" as usual.
    Henry, I know you were not directing this solely towards me, but I have never cited a poll or used one to support any of my ideals.

"There are lies, damned lies and statistics...."
    Mark Twain

I kinda follow that line of reasoning most of the time.

rk
    Last edited by road kill; 03-24-2010 at 06:57 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

i don't like obama but if the republicans had ran a decent canadate aginst him it mighy have been different.mc cain was just a democrat light

Just saw results of a recent poll in my local newspaper. The poll focused on independents. Surprisingly (to me), there are around 50,000 reg Rs here in PA; about 83,000 reg Ds; and around 48,000 reg Is. Yet O carried PA by something like 49% ... which would mean that a lot of voters who were reg I must have voted for McC.

Today, those Is who voted for O are disappointed in the "change" thing ... they don't seem to like that it's still just politics as usual in DC. Many believe the Fed is ineffective in governing. The short of it, while they are slightly more disapproving of Rs than Ds, 55% of them disapprove of both parties

Is will be a major factor in Nov elections (at least here in PA where the Is represent a pretty large %-age of reg voters), however, the article states that Is are less likely to vote (disallusionment, I guess). It is also harder to judge how they will vote from polls because they tend to remain undecided until the last minute.

I think that the results of this poll (can't remember who conducted it), sounded unbiased and realistic.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.