The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts from forefather vs new legislation

Default Thoughts from forefather vs new legislation

One such surprise is found on page 158 of the legislation, which appears to create a carve out for senior staff members in the leadership offices and on congressional committees, essentially exempting those senior Democrat staffers who wrote the bill from being forced to purchase health care plans in the same way as other Americans.

James Madison:

The aim of every political constitution is, or ought to be, first to obtain for rulers men who possess most wisdom to discern, and most virtue to pursue, the common good of the society, and in the next place, to take the most effectual precautions for keeping them virtuous whilst they continue to hold their public trust.

I will add, as a fifth circumstance in the situation of the House of Representatives, restraining them from oppressive measures, that they can make no law which will not have its full operation on themselves and their friends, as well as on the great mass of the society. This has always been deemed one of the strongest bonds by which human policy can connect the rulers and the people together. It creates between them that communion of interests and sympathy of sentiments of which few governments have furnished examples; but without which every government degenerates into tyranny. If it be asked, what is to restrain the House of Representatives from making legal discriminations in favor of themselves and a particular class of the society? I answer: the genius of the whole system; the nature of just and constitutional laws; and, above all, the vigilant and manly spirit which actuates the people of America—a spirit which nourishes freedom, and in return is nourished by it.

If this spirit shall ever be so far debased as to tolerate a law not obligatory on the legislature, as well as on the people, the people will be prepared to tolerate anything but liberty.

Madison vocalized what our forefathers knew….absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    Attributed to Ben Franklin-
    "Don't Argue with Stupid People..... They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid."

"Arguing with Idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to sh$t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Personally, I WANT access to purchasing insurance through the exchange. At this point, I'm not sure I'll be able to get it.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I have the most admiration for our founding fathers, but lets not give them too much credit.

Example: They did not allow women to vote, and most of us know that the women in our life are usually much smarter and more rational.

They tried to craft a constitution that was tolorant, and what I'm hearing these days is intolorance.

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    I have the most admiration for our founding fathers, but lets not give them too much credit.

Example: They did not allow women to vote, and most of us know that the women in our life are usually much smarter and more rational.

They tried to craft a constitution that was tolorant, and what I'm hearing these days is intolorance.
    Were we really messed up was in allowing them to drive.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Personally, I WANT access to purchasing insurance through the exchange. At this point, I'm not sure I'll be able to get it.
    Try United Health Care, Humana, Aetna, Unicare, Blue Cross, Assurant, Golden Rule, Sanford Health, Celtic, Avera, Coventry or Dakotacare. Better hurry tho', they won't last long.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Sambo is correct....the left will not TOLERATE anything not in line with their doctrine!!

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Try United Health Care, Humana, Aetna, Unicare, Blue Cross, Assurant, Golden Rule, Sanford Health, Celtic, Avera, Coventry or Dakotacare. Better hurry tho', they won't last long.
    We already use one of those listed. We are a very small company, and it would be very helpful for us to be able to pool with other businesses. We will not qualify for tax credits for purchasing insurance.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

They did not allow women to vote, and most of us know that the women in our life are usually much smarter and more rational.
    Speaking for yourself, that's probably the case .

BTW, it's tolErant .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    We already use one of those listed. We are a very small company, and it would be very helpful for us to be able to pool with other businesses. We will not qualify for tax credits for purchasing insurance.
    You are pooled with other companies. That's how it works.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

You are pooled with other companies if you still are deemed to be a small company. The legislation did reduce the number of employees a "Small Company" is allowed. The number isn't very large.
    Huntsman Tollers
    Matt & Julie Martin